Starting September 28 anyone else?

suzanyk

I didn't have time to post yesterday but m1 and m2 consisted of compliant bacon w/ eggs tomato onion and spinach with a side of carrots. M3 was chicken chipotle soup. Today m1 was the same as m1 from yesterday and m2 I had some chili with a side of carrots. I've had a headache since yesterday and just tired and grouchy. Although I think I entered the Kill All Things phase early.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just going to jump in now! I also started yesterday! This is my second (and a half, a wimped out the second time) W30. This time my boyfriend is joining me so it will be nice to share in this with him. 

I recognize a few people from my first round in May! Its nice to see a few familiar names! 

So far I'm feeling great. We have planned out all of our meals for the week and I made a few staples like mayo, ghee, and cauliflower rice to have on hand. I've got some great recipes that I've found since my first round so I'll have to share them as I make them. I had a sweet potato hash, 3 eggs, and guac for M1, leftover stuffed pepper casserole for lunch with an apple and some pistachios, and I'm making a chicken stir fry for dinner tonight over my cauliflower rice. I love how we don't have to sacrifice flavor in order eat a healthy diet because there are some really delicious W30 recipes. 

Keep it up everybody! LETS DO THIS!

I started yesterday as well. I completed a Whole 30 a couple of years ago and had some success. I then made the mistake of thinking I could go back to my previous way of eating and ended up gaining the weight back. I have tried to be Paleo compliant with my eating but I have a hard time being consistent. I will follow it for a couple weeks then some "event" will come up and I'm right back to my old eating habits. 

I also am going on this journey solo. I am the only one willing to eat this way in my family. I still am faced with all of the temptations around the house. I just stay out of the pantry and focus mainly on the fresh food in the frig. A big problem area is when the family wants to eat out. I have to be very aware of compliant foods and steer our restaurant choices in that direction. 

I am really looking forward to this my new commitment to the Whole 30! I feel this is just the thing I need to stay the course and be successful!

Already fell off the wagon train. Tripped on some office cake and fell into some free pasta salad in the office kitchen. I don't want to talk about it. I'm too ashamed. I am starting again tomorrow. September 30th will be my day one. I already made my lunch for tomorrow, lettuce, tomato and leftover steak, and homemade dried apple slices. Breakfast will be 3 soft-boiled eggs. Dinner will be a baked naked potato, compliant chicken sausage, and carrots. No more fooling around. I'm ready.

I found a really nice drink option if you start getting bored of water. Obviously it shouldn't be a complete replacement for good old H2O, but sometimes its nice to change things up. This is truenopal which is cactus water. The ingredients are water, prickly pear concentrate, and natural flavor. It is similar to coconut water, but I think its a bit more crisp. I'm interested to hear from a moderator about their thoughts on this drink.

post-68227-0-13016700-1443578644_thumb.j

I had the night off from making dinner for the family (non W30'ers) and had my leftover Sloppy's and a big salad. Then DH brings home a Panera sandwich, soup, and chips. DD and her BF bring home a pizza.... UGH!! But I stayed the course and didn't eat a bite! Feeling pretty strong right now and I'd like to bottle this strength for the next few weeks ;-)

Nice to have all the newcomers, welcome!

Debzella- I know your strength exists. This is Your Time. Cake is the sugar dragon and you are the dragon slayer!

See ya'll tomorrow!

Hi Everyone,

I started on 9/28 too, but just joined the forum tonight. Hope you all don't mind me joining in a little late! I've enjoyed catching up on all of your introductions. Looks like we will be a fun group! : )

This will be my second round of Whole30. I completed one last year and felt absolutely amazing. I saw an improvement in some minor health issues that had been bothering me, lost weight effortlessly for the first time in my life, and felt a noticeable improvement in my mood and energy levels. Honestly, I should have never stopped at 30 days. This way of life obviously agrees with me. I've tried to do a few more rounds, but haven't been able to stick to it (damn you summer and your delicious BBQs and beer). Recently I was talking to my husband about doing another Whole30 and he told me that he had never seen me happier or healthier than when I completed my first round. I want to feel that way again, so I've decided it's time for another round. 

2 days down, 28 to go! 

Slow starter this morning but kept relatively even energy throughout the day, not to mention kept my cool at work throughout the day. Haven't experienced that combination for a while. Only fruit I had was a few berries with lunch. Great to connect with you all and read your posts. Helps keep me on track. Thanks!

I found a really nice drink option if you start getting bored of water. Obviously it shouldn't be a complete replacement for good old H2O, but sometimes its nice to change things up. This is truenopal which is cactus water. The ingredients are water, prickly pear concentrate, and natural flavor. It is similar to coconut water, but I think its a bit more crisp. I'm interested to hear from a moderator about their thoughts on this drink.

Coconut water is basically a light fruit juice and as such shouldn't be used as a water replacement - yes, it's compliant, but more for those running endurance events, or in jobs where they are prone to dehydration. This will be pretty much the same. Try fruit infused water (raspberry & llime  works well, as does cucumber & mint...) or put berries in your ice trays & pop those in your water/seltzer for some flavour... Or some chilled fruit/herbal tea works well.

Day 3! Lets go! Already seeing some non-scale victories, woke up today about 4 minutes before my alarm went off alert and ready to go. And my seasonal allergies weren't quite as bad today. I still had a bit of the sniffles, but I didn't take my Allegra and they've already cleared up. 

Started the morning off w/ Michelle Tam's Lazy Devils. So good!! Just 3 hard boiled eggs cut in half with sriracha mayo spread on each one with a small piece of prosciutto. I also had some sauteed spinach and mushrooms cooked in ghee and my black coffee. 

Anybody tried any great recipes yet? I'm making pulled pork this afternoon in my pressure cooker to have for a few days. I'm using Michelle Tam's Kalua Pig recipe. If you can't tell I'm a little obsessed with Nom Nom Paleo...  

Good morning and hello day 3!

So far so good.  It's great to see so many posts on this topic.  It's incredibly helpful to read others' tips and trials.  No carb flu for me yet... but, did find spin class a bit tough yesterday.  Less power and energy than usual but I'm just going to go with it and continue workouts that best I can until that much anticipated, "tiger blood" kicks in.  

Debzella- Way to get back on the horse after a slip.  Now you clearly recognize the work break room is not your friend!

BBWellness- I signed up for the daily messages on on the Whole30 site under The Whole30 Daily.  It's motivating to get the messages when you wake up and it's full of helpful info.  ? for you... since you are a health coach, what do you recommend for a post-workout snack prior to a scheduled meal ( like 10:30ish)?

Have a great day everyone!  

-kellygirl

Hi. I'm late to this thread, but my start date was on the 28th and I'm on day three today. I'm feeling OK. I've been really grumpy yesterday and today... Like biting everyone's heads off. I'm hoping that will pass soon. I am also stopping smoking along with the whole 30. I figured if I was going to feel bad anyway, I may as well get them both over with at the same time.

It's nice to know you guys are here. I'm the only one doing this in my family of 7 and it feels a little lonely.

Still hanging strong! Lunch was a challenge for me today. I planned to go out but then had a crisis to deal with and couldn't leave. I had a small apple and some cashews. Compliant choices but not on plan. Lesson learned.

Keep it up! It's so good to know that I'm not alone in this.

Day 1 completed! Stuck to my plan… and my guns…. all day.  :)

I recently got this job that I have now, and before that I worked from home. What a difference! I completed a Whole30 in May, mainly because I could control all my meals, and everything, without outside influences. Not so now…. when I work at a place that believes in bountiful excess everywhere all the time.

Today, I dodged a serendipitous free lunch in the office kitchen, of heaping tuna salad sandwiches, pasta salad, chips and soda, and virtuously made my tea to have with my compliant homemade lunch. I was inches from a clean getaway at 4 o'clock, and a woman came around and offered everyone free chocolate chip cookies. Ack! I said, "NO THANK YOU!" just a little louder than was necessary, perhaps, but I got out of there, still compliant. Yikes!

Thanks for being here, everyone! Have a happy Whole30 day!

Debzella- Way to get back on the horse after a slip.  Now you clearly recognize the work break room is not your friend!

BBWellness- I signed up for the daily messages on on the Whole30 site under The Whole30 Daily.  It's motivating to get the messages when you wake up and it's full of helpful info.  ? for you... since you are a health coach, what do you recommend for a post-workout snack prior to a scheduled meal ( like 10:30ish)?

Kelly - check out this link for recommendations for post-work out meals.

http://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf

Day 3 a most done. Did well this morning. Had an office meeting and turned down danishes and other yummy looking stuff.I am actually feeling great. Woke up early and my allergies seemed a bit better. Fingers crossed it continues. Great job everyone.

Hi, everyone!  I started on the 27th, but I'll hop in with all of you, if you don't mind.  This is my third attempt at a second Whole30.  I've found that I took the whole thing with a bit of a cavalier attitude, because it was my second time and I just didn't stick with it.  Last Friday I was up to Day 20, but here I am, back at Day 4. 

I'm doing the program alone, but my husband is very supportive and cooks me compliant food.  Some things I plan to do differently: I want to really treat this as a lifestyle change, and, for me, I think that may take more than 30 days.  I certainly think eating like this *most* of the time is better for me.  I just have to build up my good habits.

Good job everyone!

Archived