Starting October 1 - Who's with me?

praxisproject

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Susabella!!  {waving}

I'm in.  I talked a friend into doing her 1st Whole 30 so will be joining her in support. This will be my 3rd Whole 30. I only seem able to lose body fat when I'm "officially" on plan, too. Although I've been pretty stoked about maintaining during my re-intros and riding my own bike, it's time to get things moving again.

As added incentive, I'm joining my work's Better Body Challenge. You pay an entry fee ($25) and so long as you loose 5% (combined, weight and body fat) you get your fee back. You're also eligible to win other prizes and raffles along the way.  There ARE bi-weekly weigh ins for this, but I just won't look/will get on the scale backwards.  My incentive isn't weight loss anyway, but rather to get my body fat percentage back down. Quite a lot of my lean muscle turned to fat while I was sitting on the couch nursing a broken foot.

Looking forward to it!

Today my plan is to go shopping and start prepping meals for my first week. I know for me, that is critical to stay on the plan. I need to have meals ready. Any advice for this Newbie?

Buy and cook more food than you think you'll need. Stock some in the freezer pre-cooked for those days you find yourself short. Stick to the meal template for your 3 squares and try not to snack unless you are really truly hungry. Embrace the fat -it's an amazing substance!

I remember the first 2 weeks of my 1st w30 I'd do the shopping and cooking and think "there is no way I'm going to get through all this FOOD!" But I always ran low by Friday.

I did kahlua pig in the crock pot yesterday and have a chicken to bake today, along with spaghetti squash and butternut plus some yams. I also need to make an egg casserole for breakfasts - that works really well for a meal to take to work and reheat after my morning workout. Guess I better hit the kitchen!

I will be starting on October 1. A friend has turned me onto this. I have had some issues in the past with IBS, joint pain, and allergies so I am excited to see if this might help. I have to admit to being slightly nervious, but I'm doing this with a plethra of friends and family. It will be exciting to see the end results. This is my first Whole 30.

I'm starting on Oct 1st too! I've been prepping for a couple of weeks now and have been doing trial meals the last few days. So far, so good. My biggest challenge will be sugar and cheese! But I'm committed to making this work.. can't wait to get back in control of my food intake and my body again!

This will be my 2nd Whole 30. I completed the first one back in July.  I have been keeping with the Whole eating on and off since then.  This week, I have been back to all of my bad eating habits because it will be "my last chance" for a while.  I have noticed a few things that I want to remember.  I am breaking out, I have a bit of asthma when working out, and my knees are not doing well getting up from the floor and when running.  I'm not positive that these issues are from the "yuckies" I have been putting in my body, but it will be very interesting to see how quickly the issues clear up when I start the Whole30.

Well...my friend just backed out on me. Since the only reason I was going to do another Whole 30 was to support her, now I'm not sure if I'm going to start on Oct. 1 after all.  I may just continue riding my own bike.  I'll think on it today and tomorrow and will let you all know.

Archived