Starting October 1 - Who's with me?

praxisproject

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be starting the #whole30 lifestyle on the 1st of October. I just went shopping for all the groceries, and have bought a lot of greens.

This is big for me, I have had other diets before, but they usually came crashing down because I had to limit what I ate. I love Whole30 because I can eat as much as I want, and still know I'm being healthy. 

I just hope I am able to fight those urges, but I am sure with a lot of persistance, I can make it through.

Hey all! I'm starting Oct 1st for my second whole 30 and I have the whole family on board. I've also got a bunch of friends doing it so I started a Facebook group and will be posting meal plans and shopping lists on my website. If anyone wants to join, the more the merrier, here's the link to the group  :D Good luck everyone!! 

I'd like to join you, too. I just finished by first W30 today and want to continue for another 30 days to cement those new habits a little more. Hopefully those of us who have already done a W30 can answer questions for you and we can all support each other. I live on the VA coast and we may be getting a hurricane on Sunday so I've stocked up on things like canned veggies, meat and fish that could be eaten safely without refrigeration or cooking. Hopefully I won't need them.

I'm starting my first Whole30 tomorrow, too! I have my shopping done and spent a lot of today prepping and cooking. My biggest fear is the massive sugar dragon lurking at all times. I've never done an elimination diet, but I need to kill off all of these cravings and my body really hates a lot of stuff...I just don't know exactly what. I'm looking forward to this!

Hi everyone- I'll be joining as well. I tried to start one 9/1, but got off track with all the weekend plans. Now that I'm home more regularly, I think I should be able to do this. Hoping to clear my foggy head with this whole30! My biggest challenge is lunch- I get no lunch break and cannot have any food while I'm working (in meetings all day), so I'll have to find some quick options.

Good Morning Group, 

Hope everyone is off to a good start this morning! We can do this!! To those of you doing your first Whole30, the next 30 days are going to change your life! For those of us returning (Round 3 for me) I look forward to discovering even more about my relationship with food. Don't forget to post and share your ups and downs I know the support of others is very helpful during this process. 

Happy Thursday All, 

It's October 1, and I have started my first ever Whole30!

I'm a chronically ill athlete, so I am really interested in how nutrition can help my health and performance. I'm a former vegan and recovered from a severe eating disorder, so food has been a very up and down thing for me my whole life. 

Went on a massive grocery shop yesterday and doing lots of meal prep! I'm very excited for this upcoming month.

Count me in! I'm starting my second round today. First round ended June 9, and it was a game-changer for me. Since then, I've stuck to a reasonbly whole 30-ish lifestyle and benefits have continued. But I've noticed the sugar cravings re-appearing and a few other less healthy habits beginning to creep in, so I'm gonna nip this in the bud before the holidays. And I figured it would keep me from doing a nose-dive into a bowl of Halloween candy if that's day 31 for me. Don't want to mess up a good reintro!

It's wonderful to see so many starting and returning members. For those of you who are new, if you feel overwhelmed at all the cooking, take a look at http://meljoulwan.com/2013/12/29/whole30-2014-week-1-meal-plan/. Mel has great plans for 4 weeks for booking one day for a few hours and having great food for the whole week. These are not a set menu, but she gives suggestions on what to make with the stuff she has you cook. Her Chocolate Chili is amazing as is her Sunshine Sauce.

Someone said they are starting with a cold and if you google Whole30 With A Cold, there is a great posting in the blog how to stay on track and what is good to eat then.

Archived