Starting October 1 - Who's with me?

praxisproject

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Primalamy, your menu is not following the meal template. You need 1-3 cups of vegetables and 1-2 thumbs of fat before any fruit is eaten. You have no fat with your m2 and m3. Cooking fat does not count since most of it is left in the pan. Again the meal template is 1-2 palms of protein + 1-3 cups of veggies and you should be closer to the 3 cups most of the time + 1-2 thumbs of fat. Have you read the information under the Whole30 tab?

Day 1 of my first Whole30: Done.

I made it thru my witching hour(s) 4-8pm without any trouble. Usually, that's when my cravings come out in full force, and I lose all sense of willpower. Not tonight though, and boy! Is that a relief.

Here's to us and getting thru day one!

• Moderators

I'm starting today for the first time. My boyfriend and I are giving it a shot to jumpstart eating healthier and just getting healthier.

Any suggestions on brands and products that are whole30 or a place where I can find that resource?

Your best bet is to buy fresh or frozen vegetables and fruits (more vegetables than fruits, though), raw meats, and good quality oils and fats like olive oil (extra virgin for salads/sauces, light olive oil for making mayo), coconut oil, macadamia nut oil, or avocado oil, or lard or tallow from grass-fed or pastured animals. Anything that comes in a container with an ingredients label, you'll have to read the label and ensure it doesn't contain anything that is against the rules. There are some other resources linked in my signature that I'd encourage you to check out if you haven't already, and if you have questions about specific items, googling Whole30 plus whatever you're wondering about will usually turn up answers -- but if you try that and can't find anything, come back to the forum and ask.

Good Morning Everyone! My feet didn't hurt when I woke up this morning. This has plagued me for two years, so I'm pretty excited to experience something like this right off the bat. I realize this might be a fluke but it's a fluke I'll gladly accept this morning. Any of you notice any changes this morning? Wishing you all a good 2nd day.

I'm in! Second time doing W30 but first one (2+ years ago) I was not super strict about and didn't really get the results I was looking for (my own fault.) I started yesterday and felt great all day after an enjoyable evening shopping, cooking and prepping. Felt a little hungry in parts but drank a lot of water and stuck to my set meals: scrambled eggs with coconut oil, a pear; followed by steak, potatoes and snow peas for lunch. Had small amounts of almonds, macadamias and one piece of dried mango as well as some apples and more snow peas as a snack, followed by bareburger (bison burger with no sauce wrapped in collard greens) for dinner. Overall a good day.

Woke up this morning (day 2) feeling crazy anxious, worse than I can remember in a while. I'm sure it's just the shitty things detoxing from my body but wondering if anyone else is experiencing this feeling. It's pretty bad. 

Still, made eggs, tomatoes and shallots into a scramble served with Chicken and Apple sausage with breakfast, and I feel good (as in, not hungry) just still really, really anxious. Lots of factors here but imagine the new diet has a significant amount to do with it.

Lunch will be the same as yesterday; dinner will probably be a small snack and more eggs depending on how late i get home from work.

Good luck everyone. Let's do this. 

Your best bet is to buy fresh or frozen vegetables and fruits (more vegetables than fruits, though), raw meats, and good quality oils and fats like olive oil (extra virgin for salads/sauces, light olive oil for making mayo), coconut oil, macadamia nut oil, or avocado oil, or lard or tallow from grass-fed or pastured animals. Anything that comes in a container with an ingredients label, you'll have to read the label and ensure it doesn't contain anything that is against the rules. There are some other resources linked in my signature that I'd encourage you to check out if you haven't already, and if you have questions about specific items, googling Whole30 plus whatever you're wondering about will usually turn up answers -- but if you try that and can't find anything, come back to the forum and ask.

y

Starting with you all too. Looking forward to an interesting month. I didn't realize that I had so many sugar crutches until I read the not allowed list - sugarless gum anyone?

Sugarless gum has artificial sweeteners in it. No gum while on your Whole30.

Lippers, you need 1-3 cups of veggies with your breakfast. You can't push them off your plate with fruit. Veggies come first.

You need 3 full meals following the template 1-2 palms protein, 1-3 cups of vegetables and 1-2 thumbs of fat no matter what time you are eating. A snack isn't a meal.

Day 2 and I am still feeling confident! Especially since I planned ahead for a take-a-long breakfast and passed on all the pastries and bagels and cream cheese that were draped across the tables of our annual company meet & greet this morning. Yay me!  So glad I did lots of reading and ramping up for this during September. 

Good day 2 for me. I had a few too many dates apparently, and a few too many nuts which I'd mistakenly used as protein source, but other than that, I'd say it was a really good day. No Diet coke and no sugar for 2 solid days--that's huge. Hope you all are doing well, and feeling good. I have to admit my will power regarding the Diet Cokes is becoming a bit slushy, so tomorrow will be interesting...

Woke up this morning (day 2) feeling crazy anxious, worse than I can remember in a while. I'm sure it's just the shitty things detoxing from my body but wondering if anyone else is experiencing this feeling. It's pretty bad.  

You may not be getting enough starchy veggies, add some extra potatoes, pumpkin or other starches :)

Day 2

Went out to a café, got vegetarian breakfast + steak, no toast, no cheese.

Breakfast: Poached eggs, minute steak, grilled cherry tomatoes, grilled mushrooms, spinach :) With a black coffee (BYO coconut cream) Yum! https://instagram.com/p/8XVLSzAYgl/

That is one good breakfast! Wish I could get something like that around here. I live in the south where everything is breaded and/or fried and they think you are nuts if you try to order a healthy meal.

Archived