Improved athletic performance after completing w30

Luke91

There's been quite a bit written on reduced performance as a result of the significant dietary changes during w30. I'm interested to hear any stories of improved performance in your chosen sport after having completed one or multiple w30s.

Share the successes!

Also, make sure you're taking advantage of the pre and post workout meals. Those are a great way to get your body ready to work and help it rebuild after.

Successes? We had our kickoff meeting at my CrossFit box today for our second W30 and some of the mentors were telling stories about consistent PRs on lifts during the second half of their 30 (and after), improved cardiovascular performance, and better balance :0)

Thanks Robin and Snappy Shark - good to hear these improvements!

I play basketball and football - this has largely been unimpacted either way besides slightly improved recover, probably attributed to better post game nutrition.

I'm curious if anyone is racing (bike/running etc) using the w30 principles and if this has helped them?

• 2 weeks later...

The first 7-10 days were rough for me at Crossfit, but since then I have felt faster and had more endurance. I have had a bit of a tougher time with the heavier weights (I can typically do almost any WOD at the rx'd weight) and hitting PRs. I am thinking this is from weight loss (I don't know exactly how much, but I would guess close to 10 lbs).

Hi Luke91,

I'm on day 24 and am training for a 100k (and a 100mi) trail run which conveniently is on day 31--that wasn't even planned believe it or not. In terms of endurance, it definitely took a couple weeks to adjust but I'm feeling pretty good now and recovering well too. Part of that may be that I've lost some weight and gained some strength from training, but also my energy levels have remained relatively constant for the duration of the long runs which has been pretty interesting. Maybe I'm finally becoming one of those "fat-burners" that they talk about. Now keep in mind, it's an endurance pace and I'm not a speed demon, but I've been pleased with the results so far. I guess I'll officially find out next weekend!

Archived