Saree's Post-Whole30 Log

Saree_maree

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Peaceful easy feeling.   Do you have special reintro plans?

Not really. I don't feel like I need to go through the whole process again. For sure I'm going to bring back cream in my coffee and wine first thing! Then I'll probably just do the rest slow-roll style.

Another really good day today. Looking forward to my three day weekend!

Thank you for sharing your journey, Saree Maree.  And I'm awfully glad someone pointed out that it was a bowl of grapes and an apple -- and I'm glad you explained that the problem is the binge, not the specifics of quantity or type of food.  It's very different from my own experience of food, and I like expanding my understanding of how others experience things.

And -- these lovely calm days of yours are indeed lovely.  Hope you have many many more of them.

ThyPeace, now that song with the lyrics "peaceful, easy feeling..." is running through my head.

I went shopping at Aldis for the first time today. I got some insanely good deals - avocados for $0.39 a piece, bananas for $0.29/lb, and over 4 lbs of chicken leg quarters for about $2.50. Crazy! But shopping there would definitely have to be an extra trip. Their selection is pretty sparse.

I had a five mile run this morning with no significant pain. Trying to be patient as I rebuild my miles but it is not easy!

With only three days left, I definitely feel like this Whole30 has been way easier and gone by much faster than my first one. Part of that is due to my choice not to log all my meals and exercise - that was definitely a smart move. I also don't think I lost much (if any) weight, which is a good thing for me. The weight loss that came with my first Whole30 was definitely a trigger for me to increasingly restrict after it was over. My weight right now is maybe a touch on the low side but definitely not unhealthy, and I think stability is really the key. Overall, I'm feeling confident - but there is still a part of me that is terrified of relapse.

I am happy to say that my ending weight was within one pound of my starting weight.

All past attempts to stop binging and purging, including to a certain extent my first Whole30, involved restriction - because I was afraid that anything else would lead to out-of-control weight gain. My second Whole30 proved that not to be the case. I ate generously, measured and logged nothing, trained less than normal due to my injury, even had a few occasions when I definitely overate - and my weight has remained completely stable! This is very exciting!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived