6 months pregnant and looking for a buddy

Hi everyone!

I am 23 weeks pregnant (almost 6 months) and am starting my whole30 journey today!  My husband is joining me for support but I was wondering if there were any other pregnant mamas out there who wanted to buddy up?  I'm going to need all the support I can get to combat these crazy pregnancy hormones and cravings!

I am 25 weeks pregnant with my 3rd and will be starting my first whole30 tomorrow 9/29. We just got home saturday from back-to-back mini vacations with some seriously bad food choices. I am ready to start but know I will need support to get through it- like you said. You are so lucky to have your husband on board! I would like to join in, if you all are ok with that.

Sure! How do ya'll suggest we support each other? Exchange Email/contact info? This forum/start a new thread?

This is my second attempt at a whole30. I tried to do one when I was in my first tri, before I found out I was pregnant and made it about 2 wks. I am all on board this time.

Hi, everyone,

Is it too late to join you all?

I'm 21 weeks with my third child. I finished my first whole30 in April and I'm pretty sure that's why I'm pregnant! 

Throughout this pregnancy, I've tried to stay paleo compliant (except for 1st trimester where all I could stomach were kettle potato chips), but I find my sugar dragon is creeping it's way back into controlling my life. So, I want to do another whole30.

This time, especially being pregnant, I'm hoping to buddy up with other women.

Let me know, thanks!

I think it would be so nice to have the perspective of someone who has completed one before!  I don't want to hijack the thread though- as I was a latecomer also! 

I am new to this forum but was looking around this morning and saw the personal messenger and chat on here.  Those may be other options as opposed to e-mailing or a thread if you all would like to use those.

Hey ladies! I'm going to follow along - not sure if I'll be 100 compliant but I want to improve upon the way I'm eating. I'm 25 weeks pregnant, due in January. I did a Whole 30 challenge in Jan/Feb and like writershelley, it's probably why I got pregnant! I had very high hopes to continue eating mostly paleo/whole30ish, but I had nausea and food aversions all of first trimester and a lot of the second trimester. I am still not eating a ton of meat and eggs still don't sound very appealing. Vegetables - what are those?? I've been eating lots of white carbs, processed foods, and fruit to at least get calories in.  I need some accountability around prepping food and feeding myself and the baby better. I've been feeling like Buddy the Elf these days with the food groups I've been eating.

I look forward to following along!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ladies!

Am I too late to join in? My husband and I have been talking about doing a whole30 for some time now.  Little stressors always pop up and pull us off track before we even get started though!

I am currently 6 weeks pregnant with my second child (we JUST found out!).  My first child is 10 months old and I am still breastfeeding.  I'm worried that drastically changing my diet will affect my supply, though I am trying to start weaning as well so I wouldn't be terribly heartbroken.  I gained way too much weight with my first pregnancy and was so swollen and miserable the entire third trimester.  I'm hoping a cleaner diet will help this time around! Not to mention my oldest child is eating table food and I'm determined to give her a good start (she doesn't like veggies)!

I'm hoping to stock up on the cleaner essentials later this week and get started by Friday.  I know many of you have already started so I'm looking for tips on what to stock up on, how to meal prep with kids, and get your older children to eat healthy options.  Since you've all started the whole30 already, any tips to avoid the sugar crash and adjusting to the program? I'll be a few weeks behind you all, but would love to hear how it's going!

• 2 weeks later...

This is really good that you are the

Hi everyone!

I am 23 weeks pregnant (almost 6 months) and am starting my whole30 journey today!  My husband is joining me for support but I was wondering if there were any other pregnant mamas out there who wanted to buddy up?  I'm going to need all the support I can get to combat these crazy pregnancy hormones and cravings!

That's good. I hope you are enjoying your pregnancy journey and also you are starting whole30 journey. Being pregnant is always a great experience, I hope you get healthy baby, see that after the pregnancy also your periods are regular as after pregancy there are chances of getting heavy bleeding, you can use coupe menstruelle to stay relax and comfortable during periods.

Archived