Help! In the "Give me a Damn Twinkie phase"!

eao249

On day 14. All I want is an ice cream sandwich. Didn't really even eat those before. Checked the timeline and it seems like I'm right on track! This is really hard. I just want to stop things here and eat a mostly paleo diet while also indulging every once in a while if I think  it's really worth it. Basically I want to skip the next 2 weeks and the reintroduction phase. Need some reminders about why I shouldn't do that. Help! 

Stick with it. Keep this 30 day commitment to yourself to do the complete program. See how you feel after 30 consecutive days of avoiding foods that can negatively imapct you physically and psychologically. Ice cream sandwiches and other treats aren't leaving the planet in the next 17 days.

I wonder if you're eating enough food, or if you're female, where you're at in your monthly cycle? Feel free to post a few days worth of your food log and let's see if there are any tweaks to help you get the best results.

What specifically feels hard to you? Perhaps we can make suggestions to make the journey easier for you.

I'm a few days behind you in the process, so I might need to hear this in a few days ...

Don't give in! For me, being able to commit to something diet-related 100% has been empowering. I have always felt like food has had control of me. Even when I was doing "well" on a diet, I thought about food all. the. time. And, whenever I would inevitably cheat or have a little bit too much of a "allowed" food, I would completely derail and feel so guilty and terrible. So, the fact that the rules are so black-and-white on the whole30 scared me. But, now, on day 13, I feel proud of myself. I know I have a ways to go still, but I feel competent at this. I have a sense of mastery and I believe that I can do it. I made a committment to myself and I'm going to see it through. You made a similar committment - remember why you started this in the first place and believe in yourself. You got this.

Thanks everyone! This is just what I needed to hear. I've started and quit more diets than I can count. I made this commitment for a reason and will feel so proud of myself once I finish this! And I know it will pay off because I'm already noticing a change in terms of my relationship with food. And that is priceless! 

Archived