The Tiger Tots of the CFC

Crimsann

For your pear salad, locally we get a type of pear here called Nashi. It's big and round like an apple (sometimes is sold wrapped in a puffy netting), and super crispy, more than any regular pear. It's commonly used in Asian salads and doesn't seem to brown the same way.

It has more names than you can poke a stick at, so here's a picture :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyrus_pyrifolia

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I'm all about doing exactly what I want to do (which has gotten me into trouble more times that I can count!!)...but I don't usually take charge in a group situation. I'm doing it today though. I'm going to start a thread on the Join the Whole30 page because I want to get started. Look for us at "TTT and Renewed Crew January Journey."

I'll take a look at the other group, too. I also need to take a look at the AI protocol because I've just been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. I need all the help I can get.

In my experience the biggest help you can get is bone broth! Lots of it and every day--use it as a base for everything, drink it throughout the day and you will be amazed how effective it is in a few days. I love having it as an in-between drink, use it in the concoction I make for breakfast everything--you will soon find your favorite, chicken, beef, lamb etc. 

See you in the new forum. :)

...and a link to the January group for posterity:  http://forum.whole30.com/topic/32849-ttt-and-renewed-crew-january-journey/

Thanks Nancy, I set myself up to follow it...I had pretty much decided not to join the main January group as it's definitely too many voices to keep track of but will gladly jump in on a smaller group with many familiar faces.  I had expected a lot more time today to be able to finish up my plan so I'm glad I decided on a Monday start...I'm going to need the extra time to get geared up. 

The one thing I'm changing this time is I'm going to a paper journal for tracking food/meals/menus/and thoughts.  I hated logging during my first W30 and did not do it at all after the initial 30 days.  As much as I love my tech, I think this may be one thing I prefer to keep in a pretty 2016 planner...we will see how that goes, but I would like to keep the journal part going all year long...even my non-Whole30 months and see how that develops.  I used to journal daily and I miss the writing, with this diet I at least have a daily prompt and I hope it expands into more of a personal story as I keep up with it...but if nothing else it helps establish the habit again.  Another thing I used to journal every day was a Magnetic Poetry poem, I miss that site and am looking for a similar replacement.  Warning you now that if I find one you may be subjected to 30 days of silly poetry!  I'm trying out the FridgePoems app which amuses me with the "food" tie-in of using the virtual fridge as a canvas, a much better way to contemplate the fridge...while it's CLOSED, right?!?

Archived