The Tiger Tots of the CFC

Crimsann

Hey you guys!  Hope everyone is doing well!!  So my plan of starting my 2nd Whole30 Oct 16th sort of failed, but I'm back and today is Day 0, and I successfully recruited a few friends to do it with me and get me going again.  So here's to Day 0 and a successful SECOND restart!  Trying to figure out my goals for this Whole30.  Thinking of no coffee and daily vitamins as a start?  Maybe a weekly exercise goal too since last time I had a hard time adding that in.  Any thoughts?  Just made a Fresh Direct grocery order and US wellness order to get me started.  Thanks for your support!

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there! Still hangin in with you all. Just finished reading all the posts and catching up after weird busy week and weekend. Sorry I've not had the time to post. But I do think about you guys throughout my day and send out good thoughts!

@abiswarbrick, feeling for you. And praying that your dream will come true. My daughter has similar issues. She did conceive but last Monday she lost the baby. I'm praying for another miracle for you and her. I think the W30 will help you from what I read, and I hope that you'll continue if you feel you can. Hard time convincing my daughter tho. Sad about that.

Found that Corn is not my friend. I had a feeling that was an issue for me. Went off road a bit this weekend and just didn't feel well. The only thing I introduced was these gf corn puffs with caramel. I did have a bit more sugar this weekend than I should. Had icky tummy. Planning to do another W30 and should probably start now. Already lost my chance to start today because I baked pumpkin muffins with the grand boy and had to have one.

NSVs: I met a friend for dinner last week and she remarked how great I looked and that she could tell I lost weight and then this past weekend, friend at a workshop remarked how vibrant I seemed. Now, vibrant is not an adjective that this cynical old gal usually receives! But I'll take it! I know I am behaving very different than typical, so I guess that shows. Sleeping much better. No acid reflux. That is a tell for me too. If I go too far off track, that reflux kicks in.

Have a great week everyone. I'm planning to take more walks. That's about the only exercise I'm capable of right now. But I do have to ramp it up. I'm not seeing or feeling any more weight loss and I really want to! Xxoo

On a completely different topic, I have a recipe that is the best thing I have come across: olive oil and vinegar used furniture polish. You can add fragrance to it if you like or lemon juice but I don't. I use one tablespoon of each, mix it up and put it on a cloth then polish everything in sight. It is amazing--and seems to keep the dust down so it isn't necessary to dust so often. We live by the sea with constant wind so have mega dust to cope with and I have noticed a huge difference with this. Once I have gone over everything with the polish I put the cloth in a plastic baggie and when it is time to dust go over everything with that--it is incredible and lasts for months. No more chemical dusters which promote dust-bunnies.

Feeling kinda blue and overwhelmed today. Have been reading info on FODMAPs and how to proceed with figuring out that piece of the puzzle (pretty sure I'm having issues with Fructan-containing foods). It seems like a lot of work (and time commitment), and to tell you the truth, I'm not sure I can handle any MORE dietary restrictions right now. I just don't want to deal with it at all! My husband can eat anything he wants and never has digestive problems... I'm SO jealous. *sigh*

I'm sure my attitude will be better tomorrow, so just trying to breathe through this bad mood. I have a good friend who did the whole FODMAP thing last year and got a lot of benefit out of it... was able to identify a few particular foods that were triggering, such as the humble chick-pea, go figure! Maybe I just need to wait a few months before I have the energy and commitment to do that next step.

Thanks for listening...

Feeling kinda blue and overwhelmed today. Have been reading info on FODMAPs and how to proceed with figuring out that piece of the puzzle (pretty sure I'm having issues with Fructan-containing foods). It seems like a lot of work (and time commitment), and to tell you the truth, I'm not sure I can handle any MORE dietary restrictions right now. I just don't want to deal with it at all! My husband can eat anything he wants and never has digestive problems... I'm SO jealous. *sigh*

I'm sure my attitude will be better tomorrow, so just trying to breathe through this bad mood. I have a good friend who did the whole FODMAP thing last year and got a lot of benefit out of it... was able to identify a few particular foods that were triggering, such as the humble chick-pea, go figure! Maybe I just need to wait a few months before I have the energy and commitment to do that next step.

Thanks for listening...

Oh, dear, what a nuisance. We may have been built with the wrong ingredients--and have to spend so much time experimenting to find what the maintenance schedule is for our particular machine. Personally I think all reproductive parts should have been removable and only attached when needed for actual reproduction, then back on the shelf to cause no trouble!

Take a breath and carry on with what you know works for you. Here's an idea--read another book! :) your library must be massive from all the information you already have gleaned from them. I am not trying to make light of this, it is a right royal pain but give yourself some time and am sending you a hug or two.

Husbands can be a bother as well can't they? Mine fluctuated between 150 and 154 pounds--if he gets to 154 he eats less at two meals and is back to 150. Whoever created that design needs to be spoken to severely and ordered to share it around more.

xxxL

Thanks for listening...

Awww, vozelle, what a pain in the keester! Sending you a hug or two... If you can wait for a bit before tackling this, that's probably not a bad idea. 

Vozelle! I'm so sorry to hear that! Yeah, I did my first Whole30 Low Fodmap, and it was hard, but ok! It is a lot of restrictions, but if you bring most of your food or find what really triggers you- it's a lot easier. I was then discouraged with my reintro to find that all the fodmaps weren't any good for me. I'm currently trying to get off coffee...I went 30 days (before my 1st whole30) cold turkey and it triggered a major 2 week depression...which was less than fun. I want to get off of it again, but thinking maybe a taper approach would be better for me IBS aside. ...I'm sighing with you! Good luck!

#Day2 of 2nd whole30!

well done you!

A note about coffee: I went from no coffee for years to one cup occasionally to one cup daily, to two cups with coconut oil whipped, daily for the past few weeks. I don't think it is doing me any harm but I just don't want to be drinking so much. I love having a hot drink with breakfast now so yesterday made a huge pot of oxtail broth and had some for breakfast--yummy. Now I am back to one coffee with coconut oil most days. I really like the broth, find it comforting, warming and soothing--besides it is very good for body joints!

Long story to say, why not try broth instead of coffee? xx 

I have not been posting everyday and probably will not be for a bit. I need to focus on two projects I want to complete before Christmas and that means get to work, seriously.

I am going to swing into another W30 when I have finished this one. Am noticing some changes that I like: sleep is improved and continues to improve most nights, but the biggest thing I have noticed lately is my tolerance and patience are exercising their wee muscles and I am a happier person in general. So not sure what is happening with the weight but until my pants fall off as I walk down the road, will carry on.

Talk soon.

I wish I had continued instead of putting it off till January. I'm really struggling to stay sane and reasonable right now! Not sure what to do at this point.

Will miss your regular presence, vozelle and misslindy! 

Just checking in. Nothing new to report. Trying to stay away from sweets and snacks. It's difficult. @NancyW I hear you. Wish I would have started another 30 before Thanksgiving and the rest of the holi-daze! I really felt a lot better and more focused without the sweets. Not that I'm binging on them, but a half a muffin a day in between M1 and M2. A square of bitter chocolate in evening. Meals are pretty much compliant. Eating way less cheese and nuts than I ever did before. It's a learning experience for sure! Gray days don't help!

@missLindy, great floor cleaning recipe! I'm going to try that. Reminded me of a bathroom wall tile thing: from a guy in the tile trade, rub very thin coat of baby oil on tile walls to make them easier to keep clean. They also used that for cleaning metal surfaces in the lab where I used to work.

Glad you are here to talk to. It helps! Have a lovely evening and a more wonderful day!

I wish I had continued instead of putting it off till January. I'm really struggling to stay sane and reasonable right now! Not sure what to do at this point.

How about shooting for one W30 compliant day at a time, with the goal of having 4 to 5 compliant days per week…? That seems reasonable as we head into the holiday season. Also, not letting the whole day go off the rails just because of one crazy thing you put in your mouth. I love that analogy someone shared about the stop light in our June W30 group. Just because you put something crazy in your mouth, doesn't mean you have free license to do it all day long… Just like you wouldn't keep running every red light just because you blew one by mistake in the morning! Lol.

How about shooting for one W30 compliant day at a time, with the goal of having 4 to 5 compliant days per week…? That seems reasonable as we head into the holiday season. Also, not letting the whole day go off the rails just because of one crazy thing you put in your mouth. I love that analogy someone shared about the stop light in our June W30 group. Just because you put something crazy in your mouth, doesn't mean you have free license to do it all day long… Just like you wouldn't keep running every red light just because you blew one by mistake in the morning! Lol.

It's that all-or-nothing thinking--gets me every damn time!!! I like the 4-5 compliant days per week idea. That seems doable. Just gotta pull my head outta my backside now.  :P

Just checking in. Nothing new to report. Trying to stay away from sweets and snacks. It's difficult. @NancyW I hear you. Wish I would have started another 30 before Thanksgiving and the rest of the holi-daze! I really felt a lot better and more focused without the sweets. Not that I'm binging on them, but a half a muffin a day in between M1 and M2. A square of bitter chocolate in evening. Meals are pretty much compliant. Eating way less cheese and nuts than I ever did before. It's a learning experience for sure! Gray days don't help!

@missLindy, great floor cleaning recipe! I'm going to try that. Reminded me of a bathroom wall tile thing: from a guy in the tile trade, rub very thin coat of baby oil on tile walls to make them easier to keep clean. They also used that for cleaning metal surfaces in the lab where I used to work.

Glad you are here to talk to. It helps! Have a lovely evening and a more wonderful day!

I don't remember putting a floor cleaning recipe on the site: dusting yes. Oil and vinegar, but never thought of using it to clean a floor. Does it work--well it would if the floor is made of wood, maybe that's what you mean???? L

I am probably too nosey to stay away too much! 

Sorry to hear you are struggling. Why not either do every other day W30 or every few days or just start again? There are all kinds of groups doing that and I intend to keep going. Funny but it just makes my life much easier eating this way and not deviating. Whatever you decide don't be too hard on yourself, you did really well your first go round and there is no law prohibiting you from doing it again. Even if you do it your own way--so what? 

Hugs through the ether. xx

It's that all-or-nothing thinking--gets me every damn time!!! I like the 4-5 compliant days per week idea. That seems doable. Just gotta pull my head outta my backside now.  :P

Didn't read on before I put my  comments--Vozelle is so sensible and says it so well. I agree entirely. And I can relate to the black and white thinking, I get stuck there a lot, far more than I would like to. Maybe you could go in that costume for Hallowe'en, half black and half white and remind yourself a little grey works too!

Oh, dear, time for food or bed or both! xxx

I don't remember putting a floor cleaning recipe on the site: dusting yes. Oil and vinegar, but never thought of using it to clean a floor. Does it work--well it would if the floor is made of wood, maybe that's what you mean???? L

Oops. I guess I was thinking of my wood floors when I read that post! Lol! Maybe I had too much sugar yesterday!

@vozelle, I love the 4-5 day a week compliance idea! That will help especially having the holidays looming. And keep planning. I find if I plan what I will/will not eat before event or restaurant, etc. I get through. And feel much better and in control. E.g., I am making thanksgiving dinner, so whole meal will be compliant and plan to make crustless pumpkin pie (that will have sugar, but less than recipe calls for) and I will have a piece of that.

I am probably too nosey to stay away too much!

Me too, lol!

... I am making thanksgiving dinner, so whole meal will be compliant and plan to make crustless pumpkin pie (that will have sugar, but less than recipe calls for) and I will have a piece of that.

Ooh, yum! Wish I was having Thanksgiving at your house! : )

Archived