The Tiger Tots of the CFC

Crimsann

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, for those of you who have neighbors downstairs and think you can't exercise at home, here's a great video without any heavy stomping or jumping, so get your butt moving... you don't even have to wear shoes! I just did this one, worked up some heat, didn't sprain a thing, and I swear I didn't disturb a SINGLE raccoon living under my house:

The sound quality is poor, but the moves are fairly easy and it's a great place to start... hey, just do 15 minutes of it and see how you feel?

Oh man, I almost caved today. I saw an email that there were donuts in the kitchen, but didn't think much about it until I was headed down to fill my water glass. I almost had myself talked into having a donut, so boy, was I glad to see that they were cheap, crappy packaged things!!! I was able to draw on the collective strength of my T-Tots and skip the crap. It would have been much tougher to do that if they were the really good ones that are plentiful around here. Glad I didn't have to put myself to that test! I'm grateful to have all of you to bolster me.

Hey friends, for those of you continuing on with your W30, here is a great thread to join: http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/31597-the-columbus-crew/?hl=issues#entry343758…the Columbus Crew will start on Monday the 12th, and the group will be full of experienced W30ers...lots of fun and camaraderie will be had on there!

Thank you for that lead, they seem like a fun group. :)

Oh man, I almost caved today. I saw an email that there were donuts in the kitchen, but didn't think much about it until I was headed down to fill my water glass. I almost had myself talked into having a donut, so boy, was I glad to see that they were cheap, crappy packaged things!!! I was able to draw on the collective strength of my T-Tots and skip the crap. It would have been much tougher to do that if they were the really good ones that are plentiful around here. Glad I didn't have to put myself to that test! I'm grateful to have all of you to bolster me.

You are my NO SUGAR buddy, don't abandon me for a donut (cheap or otherwise)!! I passed on a gourmet *healthy* homemade dessert today made of coconut, cashews, dates, cacao and (sadly) agave... I did it for you/me/us! I did it because I am brave strong mighty and fierce!! Yes!! A part of my brain told me I really really wanted it, but I ignored that noise and ate more protein.

Just an idea, I don't know how friendly your building is but perhaps there is someone else with a toddler that wants to use the gym too? You could take in turns to watch the kids while the other goes to workout.....

Our building is actually almost empty.  We're right by the beach & most of the units are weekend homes.  So we don't even really have neighbors.  There is one family that we've met very briefly once, they have a toddler too.  Maybe we'll get to know them better at some point and can figure out some sort of system like that.

Congratulations @AshleyM2484!  Wishing you a very healthy and happy 9 months.  

And it's definitely not a coincidence that this happened now, thanks to W30 I am ovulating without medication.  Hopefully in another couple of weeks I'll be able to make a similar announcement on here (fingers crossed).

You are my NO SUGAR buddy, don't abandon me for a donut (cheap or otherwise)!! I passed on a gourmet *healthy* homemade dessert today made of coconut, cashews, dates, cacao and (sadly) agave... I did it for you/me/us! I did it because I am brave strong mighty and fierce!! Yes!! A part of my brain told me I really really wanted it, but I ignored that noise and ate more protein.

Yes, THIS! Thank you for the reminder of my commitment and my need for accountability, vozelle! 

I don't know why it's happening, but I can feel my head going back to the bad place where food is concerned. I cannot let my guard down for even a minute right now! I guess the "why" doesn't really matter, although maybe that would be helpful in determining what to do about it, but I really wasn't expecting to start feeling food-crazy at this point. Maybe i need to stick with the Whole30 mindset for a while longer... I'm open to any suggestions anyone might have. This scares me, because I've tried new things successfully before, but then ended up going back to old ways that weren't working. I will not let this become one of those things, because clearly this IS working! But why the resurgence of the food-crazies? Must be the Sugar/Snack dragon's Extinction Burst again... And note to self: Sunflower kernels are for some added crunch and flavor on a salad, NOT to be eaten by the handful!  :angry:

On a related note: I weighed myself yesterday, and was up a pound. No big deal, right? But that number aligned itself with my food-crazies and made the whole thing worse. As I write this, I'm coming up with a plan to deal with the whole friggin' mess that's percolating in my head...

• Put the scale away. NOW!
  • Go back to strict Whole30 because clearly there is a need for the rules right now
  • Get some activity, because that's the other accountability area I've committed to and it will help my attitude relocate to a more sane zip code in my head

And now, the scariest thought of all: maybe it was the beers I had last weekend (one with lunch, one with dinner on Saturday) that made me crazy.  :( Your honest thoughts on this are appreciated. The only other things I've had that were non-compliant were the cheese, also last weekend, and some corn tortilla chips last night. The sunflower kernels, while compliant, were eaten as a snack instead of as part of a meal.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts, Tiger Tots! 

Yes, THIS! Thank you for the reminder of my commitment and my need for accountability, vozelle! 

I don't know why it's happening, but I can feel my head going back to the bad place where food is concerned. I cannot let my guard down for even a minute right now! I guess the "why" doesn't really matter, although maybe that would be helpful in determining what to do about it, but I really wasn't expecting to start feeling food-crazy at this point. Maybe i need to stick with the Whole30 mindset for a while longer... I'm open to any suggestions anyone might have. This scares me, because I've tried new things successfully before, but then ended up going back to old ways that weren't working. I will not let this become one of those things, because clearly this IS working! But why the resurgence of the food-crazies? Must be the Sugar/Snack dragon's Extinction Burst again... And note to self: Sunflower kernels are for some added crunch and flavor on a salad, NOT to be eaten by the handful!  :angry:

On a related note: I weighed myself yesterday, and was up a pound. No big deal, right? But that number aligned itself with my food-crazies and made the whole thing worse. As I write this, I'm coming up with a plan to deal with the whole friggin' mess that's percolating in my head...

• Put the scale away. NOW!
  • Go back to strict Whole30 because clearly there is a need for the rules right now
  • Get some activity, because that's the other accountability area I've committed to and it will help my attitude relocate to a more sane zip code in my head

And now, the scariest thought of all: maybe it was the beers I had last weekend (one with lunch, one with dinner on Saturday) that made me crazy.  :( Your honest thoughts on this are appreciated. The only other things I've had that were non-compliant were the cheese, also last weekend, and some corn tortilla chips last night. The sunflower kernels, while compliant, were eaten as a snack instead of as part of a meal.

@NancyW- it could be the beer.  But it might just be stress.  I've noticed this with myself.  I think putting away the scale is great, or even making a strict weekly weigh-in if that suits you better.  I've noticed how much stress was wrapped in that number- argh!  I'm trying to hold myself to only weekly weigh-ins.

Ok, for those of you who have neighbors downstairs and think you can't exercise at home, here's a great video without any heavy stomping or jumping, so get your butt moving... you don't even have to wear shoes! I just did this one, worked up some heat, didn't sprain a thing, and I swear I didn't disturb a SINGLE raccoon living under my house:

The sound quality is poor, but the moves are fairly easy and it's a great place to start... hey, just do 15 minutes of it and see how you feel?

This looks like a really fun way to get in some cardio.  Thanks for sharing.

@NancyW- it could be the beer.  But it might just be stress.  I've noticed this with myself.  I think putting away the scale is great, or even making a strict weekly weigh-in if that suits you better.  I've noticed how much stress was wrapped in that number- argh!  I'm trying to hold myself to only weekly weigh-ins.

@jscellist - I did put the scale away. I didn't weigh myself for the entire 30, so I can leave it alone for a bit longer. I think another W30 is in order, so no weighing anyway! 

Here's a thought that just ran through my head.  You said you've been successful before but ended up going back to old ways.  Maybe in the back of your head you are thinking of W30 as a Diet (with capital D) instead of a way of life.  So... when the program is over, your mind says "Yipppeee!!!  I'm done, I can what I want now!!"  And with sugar dragon whispering in your ear that you feel fine now, you don't need the program anymore....  Just a thought.  Change is hard, it's easy to fall back on old habits if you're not watching. :)

I ate a pack of M&Ms yesterday.  And then I got diarrhea and a headache.  Still having sporadic tummy pains today.  @NancyW keep that in mind next time you even consider the cheap donut in the office kitchen.  A cheap donut is in no way worth the risk of diarrhea at work.

Now if anyone needs me, I'll be chugging massive amounts water to rehydrate and flush the sugar out of my system.

Do you think it's possible for a dairy reintro headache to last on/off for 3 days?  This is a bummer! I've delayed my final reintro of grains until I'm feeling healthy again for several days.

I've always found that headaches caused by things I eat do last for at least a few days.  I assume because it takes several days to get the offending food out of your system.  Drinking a lot of water always seems to help.  And light exercise.  Hope it passes quickly.

The 'Tots' means we are new at this and feeling our way--we are bound to want to slip back and falter a bit. Doesn't mean we have to fall flat and it sounds like you are handling it @NancyW. Well done, putting those scales away.

While I am thrilled for those wanting to add to their families, I hope it isn't catchy!

I have been struggling for a few days. I feel I have gained weight as clothes fit differently and I feel heavier than I did. I don't know what I am doing, still compliant as far as I can figure. Perhaps I have been eating too much of the same and need to make a bit of a change.

This week should be a slower week for me and that may have contributed as well-I am hoping I can stay home and get my own work done instead of rushing around everywhere. I have three major projects I want finished and haven't even looked at them for over three weeks. Never mind at least I did a bit of exercise today--that's a first for a long time. :)

I have been struggling for a few days. I feel I have gained weight as clothes fit differently and I feel heavier than I did. I don't know what I am doing, still compliant as far as I can figure. Perhaps I have been eating too much of the same and need to make a bit of a change.

Where are you in your cycle?  I feel like since starting my first W30 a few months back I get even more bloated when I'm approaching my period than I ever did pre-W30.

I am so burned out on doing dishes.  I need my DH to get back so he can help out with some of these.  Or at least give the baby her bath while I'm doing the dishes so I'm not having to do them all after she's in bed.  She's in bed now & I just caught up on the dishes for the day (made mayo & clarified butter this afternoon, so there were a lot of dishes).  But I still haven't cooked or eaten my dinner.  So that means there will be more dishes to wash.

Whine over now.  I"m going to suck it up & make my chicken, potatoes & salad.  And try to be grateful that right now doing dishes is what I have in my life to whine about.

Here's a thought that just ran through my head.  You said you've been successful before but ended up going back to old ways.  Maybe in the back of your head you are thinking of W30 as a Diet (with capital D) instead of a way of life.  So... when the program is over, your mind says "Yipppeee!!!  I'm done, I can what I want now!!"  And with sugar dragon whispering in your ear that you feel fine now, you don't need the program anymore....  Just a thought.  Change is hard, it's easy to fall back on old habits if you're not watching. :)

I think there was an element of "now I can have what I want" in there. So I'll do this as long as I have to, to change those neural pathways!!

I ate a pack of M&Ms yesterday.  And then I got diarrhea and a headache.  Still having sporadic tummy pains today.  @NancyW keep that in mind next time you even consider the cheap donut in the office kitchen.  A cheap donut is in no way worth the risk of diarrhea at work.

Now if anyone needs me, I'll be chugging massive amounts water to rehydrate and flush the sugar out of my system.

Awww, hope you feel better by now!! A cheap donut is also not worth disappointing vozelle and the no-sugar crew.

While I am thrilled for those wanting to add to their families, I hope it isn't catchy!

Scared the crap out of my cat when I laughed out loud at this in the early morning quiet--thanks for the chuckle, misslindy! I don't have to hope it's not catchy. At my age, it's not on the table any longer!

I am so burned out on doing dishes.  I need my DH to get back so he can help out with some of these.  Or at least give the baby her bath while I'm doing the dishes so I'm not having to do them all after she's in bed.  She's in bed now & I just caught up on the dishes for the day (made mayo & clarified butter this afternoon, so there were a lot of dishes).  But I still haven't cooked or eaten my dinner.  So that means there will be more dishes to wash.

Whine over now.  I"m going to suck it up & make my chicken, potatoes & salad.  And try to be grateful that right now doing dishes is what I have in my life to whine about.

I hear ya. Sometimes, I look in my tiny kitchen and wonder who the h*ll made yet ANOTHER mess... But it's totally worth it! Still, all that plus a baby? Yikes...

I think my mind is definitely getting Whole30ed...I got up this morning wanting celery and sunflower butter with my breakfast poached eggs. I went to Kroger today and found Organic Grass-Fed Jerky! I got a bag to try...not as a snack, part of a meal only. It's sad that so many people don't know one vegetable from another. I had parsnip and turnip and the cashier asked me what they were. My birthday was Friday and I had no craving or thoughts that I deserved birthday cake and ice cream. My friends and I went to Surfrider and I had my usual steamed shirmp and broccoli.

Nancy, I'm a widow and sometimes I can't believe all the dishes and mess one person can make - I blame it on my cat. LOL

I think my mind is definitely getting Whole30ed...I got up this morning wanting celery and sunflower butter with my breakfast poached eggs. I went to Kroger today and found Organic Grass-Fed Jerky! I got a bag to try...not as a snack, part of a meal only. It's sad that so many people don't know one vegetable from another. I had parsnip and turnip and the cashier asked me what they were. My birthday was Friday and I had no craving or thoughts that I deserved birthday cake and ice cream. My friends and I went to Surfrider and I had my usual steamed shirmp and broccoli.

Nancy, I'm a widow and sometimes I can't believe all the dishes and mess one person can make - I blame it on my cat. LOL

Happy Birthday, wish we were closer would love to do some quilting with you.

...And now, the scariest thought of all: maybe it was the beers I had last weekend (one with lunch, one with dinner on Saturday) that made me crazy.  :( Your honest thoughts on this are appreciated. The only other things I've had that were non-compliant were the cheese, also last weekend, and some corn tortilla chips last night. The sunflower kernels, while compliant, were eaten as a snack instead of as part of a meal.

Yup Nancy, I think alcohol can do that. It does turn right to sugar in your system, after all... (any moderators out there wanna pipe in on this one?). For me, dairy can set off sugar cravings...

Do you think it's possible for a dairy reintro headache to last on/off for 3 days?  This is a bummer! I've delayed my final reintro of grains until I'm feeling healthy again for several days.

Yup, that's possible! Reintro it again at some point, just to be sure... and separate out the different types of dairy. Some people can tolerate yogurt, but not cheese, some can do ice cream but not milk... or vice-versa. Test each item separately to collect the best "data".

...A cheap donut is also not worth disappointing vozelle and the no-sugar crew...

YAY Nancy, I got ya! Let me just tell you, I was at an amazing potluck BBQ pool party today and there were LOADS of desserts there... and for YOU (and me) I didn't touch a thing, even the homemade caramel popcorn that looked and smelled amazing (popcorn was one of my SWPO's), or the coconut cream pie. I ate grilled veggies and MEAT. So THERE!

...My birthday was Friday and I had no craving or thoughts that I deserved birthday cake and ice cream...

Happy B-Day!!! ...and, um... YOU ROCK.  : )

Archived