You can do it! Day 29

Lynn Harris

I am on day 29 but truthfully lost count about 15 day ago. I decided to do the whole30 as a "reset button". I was feeling thick and sluggish from summer socializing. Already a clean eater the change of habits were not a huge adjustment however, the foods eliminated were definitely the things that led me to my thick, sluggishish! Two friends have been doing the whole30 with me - hugely fun and important! I love the online support however doing it with close friends makes it fun and allows for sharing of resources and recipes more specific to where you live. We take pictures of our food, push each other to try new things and have all been cooking new dishes. Oh...and we have a Sip n' bitch every other week to share any issues we may be having. Black coffee and mini larabars are served :). Bottom line....day 29 and while there are a few things I plan to enjoy that I haven't the past 29 days the way I am feeling, sleeping and thinking are now habits and a lifestyle that will be my "new norm". Good luck to all just starting and congrats - hold your course to those finishing!

• Moderators

What a wonderful welcome and encouragement to new comers! Thank you!

Note: The mini-larabars at your Sip-n-bitch are not okay during a Whole30. You are using them as a dessert. During a Whole30, larabars are okay only as emergency food when you would eat your hand you are so hungry and cannot get to other food. 

Archived