Navigating a Wedding

magnolia73

I'm on Day 9 of my first Whole 30 and just starting to feel good. No cravings, great energy... Problem- have to attend a wedding tonight. I believe it is sit down. I will not have any alcohol (playing the designated driver card), but eating is the problem. I don't want to risk eating anything bad- my system is very sensitive to soy oils..... so my plan was just to have a huge lunch and shuffle the food on my plate? I hate having attention drawn to my eating or explaining what or why I eat like I do.

Any thoughts? I just can't imagine the food will be Whole 30 appropriate.

if you can...maybe talk to your server on the side before the meal is served. Ask if there is any modification you can make...like no dressing/cheese on salad.

Otherwise, eat a big lunch before hand and come to your dinner table with a lot of good wedding stories to tell! If you are talking and entertaining the table...its hard to get a bite in! Then you get to talk, laugh, avoid eating non-w30 foods and no one will notice or think it is weird that you didn't get to your herb crusted cheese stuffed chicken before it's time to dance!

just an idea ;)

Archived