Help I am so frustrated

Hi - I finished my first round a week ago and lost 11 pounds and a total of 7 inches.  I decided to go right into another round because I felt so great.  Both yesterday and today my pants felt a bit tight, especially around the mid section.  I decided to weigh myself today since it is my second round and figured there is no way I would gain weight.  To my surprise, I am up 5 pounds and 2 inches around my waist.  I am so frustrated right now that I am tempted to give up and I don't want to do that, but I cannot believe I have gained weight.  I am worried its just not working for me.  Does anyone have any words of wisdom for me?  Thank you!

• Moderators

Weight loss isn't linear. Sometimes your weight goes up, sometimes down. It can be affected by what you're eating, by stress, and by hormones. 

As GFChris said above, if you list a few days' of what you're eating, exercise, water intake, and sleep, we might be able to help you figure out something to change.

In the meantime, a few articles about weight loss on a Whole30:  Dear Melissa: Weight Loss Stalls5 reasons to break up with your scale, 174,203 Ways to Measure Health.

Archived