Start Date 10/3 - 'cause it's a Saturday:) Here we go!!

Trey

Hello :)

I am excited to "officially" begin the Whole30 Lifestyle. Cleaned out my kitchen, bought a juicer and blender, and gave away all the food I won't be eating for the next 30 days. 

Deciding to do the Whole 30 two weeks ago gave me some real scares! Especially the CRAVINGS moments. As I was preparing, I found out about cravings when I realized OMG I can't have my sourdough bread butter delivery devices any more! Dag-gone-it, I'm going to eat all this food I bought before the program begins - but HOW am I going to survive with out it?:-)

Good news! I'm already delving into the Whole30 food plan, before my official start date, so I can check it out, learn how to shop, and cheat if I want to. Thing is, just giving up dairy, bread and pretzels, for a little over a week now, I already realize less brain fog ... and ENERGY !

This Saturday, October 3rd, 2015 is my official Whole30 start-date and I -AM - READY :)

So, I hope to share stories and RECIPES along the way.

Thank you M&D for making this concept so practical to understand. Truly appreciate your years of work and sharing.

Peace

Trey

I'm already delving into the Whole30 food plan, before my official start date, so I can check it out, learn how to shop, and cheat if I want to....

Hey Trey

Welcome to Whole30  :) 

There are no cheats in Whole30, only bad choices... If by 'cheating' you are referring to paleo baked goods (or treats with compliant ingredients) please know that those are off limits.

If you've any questions before you start - or at any time throughout your 30 days - just ask.

You could also find a group of folk on the forum starting around the same time as you for accountability & support - there are quite a number starting on October 1st...

Good luck!

Trey.  What a nice post!   You can make some sauces in your blender for your compliant foods.  Blenders tend to ruin homemade mayos because they're too fast.  Wishing you nothing but the best for your 30 Whole days.  I believe a tad of humor is an invaluable tool during the sugar withdrawal phases.  I've used a smidge of music, singing and dancing used for distraction to make it through the difficult days.   With each passing day sans bread, pretzels and dairy..your renewed strength  and hope will build UP and motivate you to keep going until the end. 

A food processor works great for the mayo, and for reducing chicken into chicken salad, not to mention the butternut squash soup. :D  I have not tried an immersion blender, but other folks seem to have good luck with them.

Oct 3 is also my official start date.  Actually re-start date, but hey, timeline is timeline.  Bread was hard to give up, but the benefits are worth it. Plus, when the W30 is over and you want to stay eating clean anyway because you feel so good, the paleo "pancakes" are awesome and ripe plantains fried turn into doughnuts!  Good luck on your journey, you can do this.

Thank You JM, Tom and Cynthia :)

All good stuff. And I am off and enjoying my officially 1st Whole30 program. A week before my start date I gave away, or ate, all the stuff not needed for these next 30 days. During that week I began experiencing the new food regime with the option to "Cheat" as I wanted to filling in the gaps along the with learning process. So now that I am started and following the rules my fears about cravings and such are gone. YAY !

This is day two. ...by starting on a weekend, I am able to take my time and carefully plan out my meal, learn to use my new cooking tools, and watch the changes in my old appetite.  Later today I will prep for the work week.  

Thank yo Melissa and Dallas for making this journey easy .... so far :)

Peace

Trey

Archived