Klassyart's Need for Accountability

klassyart

Completed my W30 on Sept. 20. Kept my log most of that time and I'm sure that's why it was so successful. But I haven't logged much since then and it's getting easy to "forget" what I ate regardless of whether or not it was compliant. So, here I am, being accountable. I really haven't done badly but it's more of a mental relapse and I know what that will lead to. Plus I'm on a two-week vacation with friends and they think I'm crazy. I did eat a piece of key lime pie but was careful that that was the only off plan thing I ate yesterday and for the next two days even though it had grain with a graham cracker crust and filling with cream cheese and sour cream. Regretfully, it hasn't caused any digestive problems. I say regretfully because that leaves an open highway in my head that says "Go" with no discomfort. I'm saying "Stop" to that sugar dragon!

M1- two eggs with Kalua pork

M2- compliant chicken salad with lots of celery, apples and a few roasted walnuts on a bed of carrots

M3- Kalua pork with non-compliant BBQ sauce, Sunshine sauce with carrot and celery strips

Did better today.

M2- rest of chicken salad on a bed of carrots

M3- oops, my friend made the crab cakes and used bread crumbs in them but we use the same recipe and everything else is compliant; fried them in ghee. 1/4 of a large Baked potato with ghee and compliant ranch dressing.

Drank lots of water today and water is pouring down from heaven

M1- two eggs over 1/4 potato, tomato slices

M2- salad with Kalua pork and ranch dressing

Snacked! I know it was emotional eating but I still did it. A handful of potato chips. But I stopped. Every piece I put in my mouth I did consciously out of a kind of rebellion. Also had carrots, celery and sunshine sauce

M3- chicken wings (fried in a restaurant) a few fries.

This has been the worst eating day I've had in six weeks.

Will stay back on track tomorrow

On vacation but have ended up in a historic rainfall event here at Edisto SC. We have been inside for three days now and I've been fighting the urge to snack every afternoon and after everyone goes to bed. The pantry is full of chips and nuts and popcorn that have been yelling at me. One day I had a handful of chips but, thank goodness, it didn't really agree with me so that's an added incentive not to eat more. I'm not eating as much at meals as I do at home, though, and am running out of my emergency stash of protein. With all the flooding, we want to wait one more day to get to the store so I think today will be the hardest. I'll have to get some chicken wings to use for snacking. My Kalua pork is nearly gone. As is my sunshine sauce. Staying pretty close to W30 but this is hard and I do feel hungry most of the time.

M2- chicken salad over tossed greens and ranch dressing. Plus I threw in a few potato chips. Ate very late which ended up throwing me off the rest of the day and evening. I was too hungry and lunch wasn't enough so I decided to try some peanuts and see how my stomach would react. Not at all good. I actually felt nauseous in about a half hour. It was getting close to dinner though so I fixed a sparkling water with lime juice and orange juice to maybe help.

M3- too much rain to go out so we made do with food we had here. I had another chicken salad and that preactically instantly made me feel better. I had expected a dumbly tummy after the nuts but just plain old felt lousy.

Hope I don't start making more bad decisions as I test foods out. I don't know of anything else I want to test. I just need to have more protein on hand like I do at home. Bought some deli turkey so at least I can pull that out instead of chips. Maybe that will get me thru the rest of our vacation.

M2- chicken salad over greens, ranch dressing. Ate chips again and felt lousy. Absolutely not doing that any more.

M3- broiled seafood at restaurant. Salad with vinaigrette. One pita chip that was served with a shrimp dip everyone raved about but I didn't eat. Looked like mostly cream cheese. We stopped at the store on the way back and they got an apple pie and ice cream for dessert. I dished it up but only had a cup of coffee. They kept saying how it was low calorie, etc., which it wasn't, but they automatically think that just because they keep saying "your diet", it must mean counting calories. I just don't want to go into explaiining the philosophy. They, like I used to be, have bought completely into the low fat low cal thing and nothing is going to change that. I simply said that I'm sure the pie is great but it does have sugar in it and I don't care to eat it, but thanks. And they just shake their heads. And DH appeared with a bag of Oreos after he had the pie. I'm sure none of that woke my sugar dragon because of how I had felt after eating the chips earlier. I felt like a martyr dishing up the dessert and not even licking the spoon. But in a good way. Making my own choices, not in a sacrificial way.

Learned that grains really do mess with my system. Had popcorn last night and had a cramp stomach all night.

M1- two eggs, tomato

M2- just some deli turkey slices because we were going out to the beach one last time

M3- snarled down potato chips when we got back. Nothing else to eat here and I was hungry. Went out to dinner and had a ribeye steak and baked potato. The steak had some fat on it which I didn't used to eat, but I did this time. Wonder if that contributed to my distress this morning. Hard to tell because I broke too many rules today. One thing I know for sure. If I eat clean, I always feel good. That's valuable knowledge gained from W30.

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely a correlation between logging and being accountable. Haven't logged for a week and during that time I ate a lot of Paleo chocolate and even a handful of Oreos. About the only good thing I did was walk several days which I had not been doing either. So, I'm back and hope to get in the groove again. Made a big pot of veggie soup yesterday. Did a grill-up and had chicken, hamburgers and steak for the week, a pound of ground turkey browned and ready. Actually bought a five pound bag of carrots and only have about a pound left. I have roasted them, chopped them and put a bunch in the soup and made sticks for sunshine dip. Can't believe I've eaten all those carrots. Trying to not eat so many potatoes. They're a real weakness but I do like sweet potatoes with balsamic glaze on them. Also tried ghee in my coffee and that's just too good to believe. The coconut oil in coffee is what I should be doing but right now it's a combo of ghee and oil.

Archived