Big Gulp.....Starting Over at Day 27...

Jodi

Hi All....

Well, W30 and I were getting along so well for so long. I was almost through the month...Then, pressure, stress, and a hectic schedule hit and BOOM....I CHOSE to eat a little birthday cake here, a little candy there, and a chip or two when no one was looking.

But, instead of wallowing in my poor decisions, I have done some self-reflection. I will ponder on these to stay focused as I RESTART W30. None of this is rocket science and not any any particular order....

1. Get my exercise in because it keeps me motivated to eat properly.

2. Keep my refrigerator and pantry stocked.

3. Pack snacks so I don't get over-hungry and make poor decisions.

4. Get my water in. I even bought a beverage dispenser a few weeks ago. I planned to cut up oranges or lemons or limes daily to put in my water dispenser so I don't get bored. I need to do it!!

5. Expect that I will be tempted and prepare for it. Put a plan in place for when I want to make poor decisions:

- Play with my daughter and/or the dog,

- Read THIS Forum to keep inspired and get ideas

- Work on my Bible Study

- Talk with my hubby or friends

- Catch up on Facebook or Pinterest

6. Keep the temptations off the kitchen counter where they are easy to get to, and I can see them.

7. Read my Whole30 Daily...EVERY morning to start my day and keep me focused!! I started out doing that and then strayed away. I now know how important this is for me!!!

8. Don't skip meals.

9. Remember how awesome I feel every day that I eat properly.

10. Learn how to work the grill myself so I don't have to rely on hubby to whip something up for me....I know...I'm spoiled. I have a sweet man backing me up! :)

11. Don't get LAZY!!

12. Don't QUIT!!

So, in my humbled spirit, knowing that I almost made it....I am starting Day 1 over again in the morning. Don't be me and have to restart when you are soooooo close to the finish line!!

I'd love to know what strategies you are using to keep yourself motivated.

Cheers to a successful Round 2!!

Thanks DJ and Derval....

The good news is starting over means I got to get on the scale so I know where my starting point is from here. :) I'd lost 10 lbs in those W30 days. So, that's a good way to get Day One up and going again.

Thanks to you both for your "addagirl" encouragement! :) I CAN do this!

~ Jodi

Today is my Day 30, and I can only imagine how disappointed/frustrated you are to be starting over. That being said, congratulations on using that disappointment as the basis for a new strategy instead of just feeling bad and giving up. So you've managed the really hard part...now you just have to work that awesome plan. Hope to hear great news 30 days from now!

Hi maggyk! Thanks for your concern. Actually, being frustrated or disappointed would only work against me. Negativity would only sabotage my efforts. There are things in life worth being frustrated over, but cheating on W30 is not one of them. I'm looking at this as not just 30 days, but an entire overhaul of my health....exercising, too...for the rest of my life. . So, I'm just keeping upbeat and moving forward. Thanks for recognizing and supporting my efforts for this next go round. You WILL hear good results!

I'm curious as to your next step. Are you going Paleo next or are you going W45 or W60? Good luck to you in your next stage!

Congrats on taking the positive side! It is one of the things that has worked out for me in a paleo life (not necessarily W30). But I truly feel that even if I "cheat" or have a treat meal, I can just keep on eating the way I was! I refuse to let my mind guilt trip me into something. I was preparing for vacation and had planned on eating really really really well before hand so that maybe I would lose a few before I gained them back on vacation. Well, I was at a neighbor's house so my daughter could play with their son and my hubby was out of town. Neighbor was ordering pizza. It was easier! Under previous plans, I would have given up and said I failed. Eating paleo or eating real food has done that for me.

As for what to do after the W30, I'll be eating paleo. I will pay more attention to labels (I didn't know the balsamic vinegar I was using had so much stuff in it). I will try to keep my wine limited to Friday and Saturdays....maybe even try not every Fri or Sat! But for the most part still eating like W30 with treats thrown in.

The whole reason for me starting my Whole 30 was what turned out to be gall bladder symptoms, so I have a gall bladder purge ahead of me, now. Even more restricted eating and then on Sunday night more olive oil than even the most dedicated Paleo eater will ever want...and then hopefully a week from now it's all over. After that, I'm planning to eat mostly Paleo. It's done good things for my health that I'd like to see continue. I have a health screening tomorrow, and I'm curious to see what my cholesterol will be - that's the one thing I've wondered about with the increase in meat, although with fewer fried foods and snack foods, maybe it all evened out.

Archived