Day 25 wrestled to the floor. :)  Feeling victorious this evening, lol.  Felt strong all day, had energy and positive mood.  Got in 45 min on the elliptical for 2269 revs. Wpu, walking cooldown, toe touches and squats to round out the hour.  Took a walk up to the feed store and back this afternoon, was great.  Cleaned more apartment, laundry, and tackled two new recipes for dinner, which turned out great.  Although poor Mike doesn't seem to be as fond of squash as I am, need to sub something else in for him when I do stuffed squash.

M1: chicken/apple sausage link, baby carrots, golden kiwi

PWO: closed handful of unsweetened coconut flakes

M2: Pumpkin egg frittata

M3: Italian sausage stuffed squash, spicy tomato basil sauce, banana

I am finding that if I stay with certain fruits I do not have the sugar cravings.  Bananas and berries seem to work well, the kiwi was ok but I did get hungry a little sooner.  Grapes are a no if I don't want to fight snack cravings all day.

Day 26 complete. It has been a hard day. Yes, I said Hard. Wrestling with emotion that took me by the throat and threatened to choke me to the floor with grief. It's a funny thing, grief. Just when you think you have a handle on it, it blindsides you with a sneak attack so savage you can't breathe.

I will call the day a success, however. My meals were compliant and I got my full exercise in. 45 min for 2146 revs followed by 15 min of wpu, lunges, toe touch/squat, and walkout.

M1: 2 eggs with sweet potato, red pepper, and onion.

PWO:fried egg

M2: sausage stuffed squash with spicy tomato basil sauce, baby carrots

M3: sausage stuffed squash, baby carrots, banana

Day 27.  Got my exercise in inside, squeaked the elliptical in for 45 min, 2307 revs.  Wall push ups, lunges, toe touch/squat combos, and walking for the cool down.  Need to make it a point to get outside at least once a day, though.

M1: 2 eggs, sm. sweet potato, onion

PWO: fried egg

M2: Pumpkin spinach quiche with black walnuts on top

M3: Pork loin chop, steamed veg blend

Day 28.  Admiring my arms today.  Have a WAYS to go, but I can definitely see the beginning of muscle definition on my upper arm when I flex it. :)  Got a late start to my day, slept in until 9AM!!  Got in elliptical for 45 min, 2305 revs, wall push ups, lunges, toe touch/squat combos, and walking cooldown.  Need to get my core exercises added in.  Legs and arms showing progress, don't want to be floppy in the midsection!

M1: 2 eggs, banana, 2 tbsp. coconut flakes, 1 tbsp. coco nibs, baby carrots

M2: Veggie frittata

M3: Seafood creole - outstanding!!

Day 29 - got my day a little bit backwards today.  Didn't get my exercise in until this evening, but did get it! 43 min on elliptical for 2307 revs.  Just don't make the speed when I wait until late in the day for serious exercise.

M1: banana coconut scramble

M2: frittata

PWO: half handful of unsweetened coconut

M3: beef, green peppers, onions, pineapple

Day 30! - But, am continuing on for another two weeks before I re-evaluate reintroduction.  I will, however, weigh and measure tomorrow to see what, if any, changes have been made to my actual size. :) Today is Sunday, so no structured exercise, just lots of errand running.

M1: frittata

M2: Burger patty, tomatoes, sugar snap peas

M3: Beef brisket, peppers, onions, banana

Day 31. :) I did indeed measure this morning and was very happy to find that I am a full inch smaller in hips, waist, and chest.  An astonishing half an inch in my upper arm.  I am honestly surprised by the waist measurement - I did not notice any difference until I measured.  My midsection is most floppy at the moment, which Is why my major goal for November is to make those core toning exercises a priority while staying with my regular elliptical and healthy eating.

M1: apple

M2: Spicy fish soup

M3: Spicy fish soup, blueberries

Day 32 - Totally forgot to list my exercise yesterday.  It was there, also forgot to turn on my monitor for several minutes so have no idea how many revs I got, lol.  According to the Vivosmart, it was for 45 min, though. :)  Today I stopped at 43 for 2203 revs.  Got my toe touch combos in, the wpu, and the walking cooldowns.  Also got on the ab-glider today.  Hmmmm.  Side to side, no problem.  Roll up the ramp?  Maybe if I do crunches for a couple weeks to build some muscle in the midsection to pull up with... In the meantime, I have the yoga and pilates for core strength and flexibility.  Am thinking perhaps to alternate those.

M1: Apple, coffee

M2: Swai stew, blueberries

M3: Spicy fish w/greens

Day 33. Finally figured out how to use my Ab-glider (it did not come with dvd).  Once you know how to position yourself, it works ever so much easier.  But I am definitely feeling it in my rib muscles and upper arms!  20 reps of each exercise, with an extra 10 straight up the middle.  43 min on elliptical for 2179 or close to it.  Wall push ups and walking for the cool down.

M1: apple, coffee

M2: Swai stew, strawberries

M3: Swai stew, strawberries

Well, not getting my W30 daily newsletter contributed to forgetting to come and log my day.  Yesterday was a pretty decent day, got in good exercise, made good food choices.

Today, Day 35 also went well.  Tried a new exercise today - the one where you sit on the edge of a chair and then scoot your butt off and lower yourself down and up again.  Wow, I need work on those arms - I could only do 5. But the elliptical was good for 43 minutes, 2243 or something close to it.  Got all my reps on the ab-glider but need to readjust knee placement, I think.  Not really feeling the pull in tummy that I should.

M2: scallops creole, blueberries

M3: steamed chicken/onions, grape tomatoes

Day 36 was a good day W30 speaking, got in my exercise on elliptical, ab-glider, wall and chair, lol.  Have decided to alternate chair dip days with alternate target area to build muscle, on the advice of another member. :)

Sadly ended the day with a cluster headache requiring meds, which is why this is getting posted the day after.

M2: chicken breast, onions, tomatoes, orange

M3: chicken breast, tomatoes, 1/2 apple

Wondering about that darn orange.  Last W30 I noticed grapefruit set off an immediate headache and irritability.  Tomatoes would be suspect if I didn't eat them all the time with no issue.

Day 37 - Sunday, so recovery day from exercise.  Only errand running and shopping, which doesn't burn much. :)

Had another orange today, no reaction.  Must have been something in the weather or other unknown factor that set the beastly thing off.

M2: scallops, chicken broth, chopped kale, tomato, onions, orange

M3: hamburger patty, onion, tomato, dill pickles, blueberries

Day 38, which gives me another week of my extension if I'm counting right. :)  I'm fairly sleepy tonight, blaming it on the home made chicken broth I used in my soup, lol.  Couldn't possibly be the lack of sleep after I stayed up talking last night. :D

Got in my exercise today, with the exception of my chair dips, which will alter my schedule a bit.  Also think I will go back to the dreaded sit ups unless I find something on that pilates dvd that works as well.  I can alternate with my arm exercises.  Got my 43 min on elliptical today along with the reps on the ab-glider, wall push ups and the walking cool down.  The ab-glider seems to be doing a job on my rib/waist areas but can't tell that my abdominal muscles are working at all.  I will look at video again tomorrow on you tube, if I'm indeed doing it right, going to need the different exercise for my midsection.

M2: hamburger patty, tomato, onion, baby dills, blueberries

M3: Bay scallop soup made with my chicken broth, kale, pearl onions.  Blueberries.

Day 39 - passed the day fairly well.  Getting in the habit of making an actual list of what I want to accomplish in a day, just like I would schedule things at work.  Seems to help, was more active overall.

Got in good exercise today, although the poor elliptical is making a horrible squeal again, will have to take it apart tomorrow.  Got in my time today though, also the ab-glider, the push ups, and the walking cooldown.  Am all the way up to 16 chair dips in two sets, lol.  Sit ups tomorrow.

M2: scallop soup, blueberries

M3: chicken soup, orange

Day 40 - did not get elliptical fixed, suffered through the squeaks, lol.  Got in full time plus ab-glider, push ups, and added in set ups today.  To my surprise, in spite of not having done any in months, I did a full set of 25 without too much effort.  I will up the number on my next ab day.

It is SNOWING.  I don't like it, lol.  That will pretty much end the outdoor excursions to the store and my poor system is no longer used to the cold.  Whine, whine, infinite whine. :P

M1:  Apple, coffee

M2: chicken soup, blueberries

M3: chicken soup, tomato

Day 41 - Felt really good today.  That sound sleep is SO amazing.  Slept like a baby. :)  Got my exercise in today - elliptical, ab-glider, push-ups, and walking cool down.  Still need to do my chair dips before bedtime, forgot them!  Not really impressed with the ab-glider other than for the rib muscles.

M2: chicken soup, blueberries

M3: swai fillet, kale/onion, apple

Day 42 - stuck with my new tactic today.  When my band goes off to let me know I've been sitting still too long, apart from getting up and doing laps, I've added in one set of an arm or tummy exercise.  Just a little extra to help keep my mind on progress.  Today did sit ups, toe touches, chair dips, and squats.  Got my full elliptical session in - 43 min of sweating followed by the ab-glider, wall pushups, and walking.

M2: swai fillet, onion, salad, strawberries

M3: ginger chicken tenders, gingered kale/onion, apple

Day 43 in the books. On tablet tonight, my computer is streaming college football. Got all my exercising in today - the hour elliptical/cool down and the set in between laps. Can really feel my abdomen has been worked since I added in sit ups.

M2: pot roast with veg, strawberries

M3: chicken spinach soup with ginger, orange

Day 44 - nice, slow, relaxing day. :)  My recovery day so no structured exercise, but did make my step goal just by being out with the dog and running a few errands.  Back to work tomorrow, lol.  Strangely, I find myself looking forward to it. 

M2: Scallop creole, apple

M3: Tomato-Basil shrimp, strawberries

Day 45 - let's face it, I let the weather call the shots a good bit today.  Cold, gloomy, rainy day.  I did get my full exercise in on elliptical and ab-glider, some toe touches, squats, and sit ups in between hours.  But spent the majority of the day on the couch with a new book that came in the mail.

M2: shrimp creole, strawberries

M3: shrimp creole, blueberries

Day 46 - felt better today, even with the bad weather.  Got all my chores accomplished, even managed shopping after completing all my exercise.  Elliptical, ab-glider, push ups, toe touches, squats, and sit ups.  Woo hoo!

M2: shrimp/greens soup, blueberries

M3: shrimp/greens soup, strawberries

Day 47 - almost to wrapping up day. :)  I don't feel like it will be a huge change, I'm enjoying eating like this.  No food blowout, no crazy stuff.  Only thinking of a small amount of raw/natural sweetener in teas, some form of bread/wrap with non-gluten grains, and hopefully can add back in my legumes, except for peanuts.  I may be proven wrong, but the only trouble I think I am likely to have on this reintroduction will be when I try the breads.  We will soon discover if I actually have issues with the yeast.  I must try the grains first in items without yeast to rule them out, however.

Got in a little extra time on the elliptical waiting for the Kindle battery to charge enough to turn on.  Also got ab-glider, push ups, toe touches, squats, and situps before walking cool down.

M2: shrimp/greens soup, strawberries

M3: Spicy swai stew, strawberries

Day 48 in the books. :)  My somewhat obsessive nature would prefer that I go for an even number, but tomorrow, Day 49 will indeed be my last official day of this W30.  I believe I have my exercise habit firmly in place - it just doesn't feel right to pass a day without exercise now.  Certain exercises I actually look forward to, which is great.  There are still others I want to try, so will keep fine tuning my workouts.  Today I got in my time on elliptical and ab-glider, think I finally got the hang of how to work lower abdomen a bit with the thing, but sit ups are still better.  Also got my toe touches, push ups, squats, and lunges in.

M2: Spicy swai stew, strawberries

M3: Scallops creole, apple

Day 49 - done!  Until January, lol.  I have had significant progress where I wasn't really expecting it.  This time around I released around 8.5 lbs! Give or take a few tenths for scale capriciousness. A little over 2 inches gone from chest, an inch from waist, two solid inches gone from hips.  I need to up the ab exercises and see if I can whittle that down a little faster.

Snowing and blowing today, made for a sleepy day.  Did get in a good bit of walking and cleaned the kitchen three times, did not make it on elliptical.  Spent all afternoon baking for husband's potluck tomorrow.

M2: egg, spinach, mushroom frittata, apple

M3: Italian sausage soup w/barley

Archived