Starting today, April 30th

KikWilliams

Hi everyone!

I'm 40 years old, 5'6", 141 lbs, mother of two. I decided to join yesterday after hitting what was essentially my postpartum weight when I had my son 5 years ago. My dietary downfall is sugar. I will eat delicious, nutritious food 3/4 of the time but then will kill it with chocolate or sugary snacks.

I love to workout. I've been doing bodyrock.tv HIIT workouts for quite some time however most of these workouts are < 20 minutes. I think I need to get back in the 45 minute range to enhance my progress. I live in rural Oklahoma so I don't have access to group classes like most people do. It is strictly DIY around here.

My weight has been fairly stable over the past few years (not where I want it, but at least around the same number). In December, I changed birth control methods and my weight has been creeping up slowly since that time. This is kind of my last ditch effort to isolate what is causing the weight gain. That being said, I look forward to putting up the scale for a month knowing that the focus will be on overall health. I need to get a handle on my sugar addiction before it causes a health scare that forces me to.

I plan to log my meals here when I can and seek support when I'm tempted. I'm definitely here to learn so please feel free to share any ideas and advice.

Kik

I swear, can't you just hear the "grrrr" in "sugar"? It's my demon as well.

I am just ending my first-ever Whole 30 (Day 29 today), and I am going to keep close tabs on Demon Sugar from now on. I'm certain it is what has kept my weight up and my mood down.

Good Luck to you!

Archived