WHOLE 30 2.0

anjelevil

After being very successful with my first whole 38 I fell hard and went so far off road I now feel like supreme death..everything is aching again,I am bloated,I feel depressed and disgusted.

I had a week long binge of everything and anything I could get my hands on..

Today is the start of my new whole 30 and I'm sure it will be longer than that.

I have started a new meditation course today and thought the two would work well together.

If anyone is up for joining me in support of the new journey,please drop in and say hello.The more support the better.

All the best to all of you that are starting or re-starting.

I was also very successful with my first W30 (July 9-Aug 7+) , and was fairly good for about a month following, but like you, I "fell hard" in the last week or so. I feel pretty icky. I'm giving the reasons for my lapse some good thought so I can learn from it, and am starting a fresh W30 on Monday. Aren't you looking forward to feeling fabulous again?!!

Well..I continued to fall..not as bad,but still falling.

I have decided to bring my child on board and we are going to start eating like dinosaurs together..hoping this will help.

I came back on board today and hoping this is it for the next 30 days.

I can't believe how bad I feel.I feel bad physically and mentally..one day at a time..one foot in front of the other.

I was also very successful with my first W30 (July 9-Aug 7+) , and was fairly good for about a month following, but like you, I "fell hard" in the last week or so. I feel pretty icky. I'm giving the reasons for my lapse some good thought so I can learn from it, and am starting a fresh W30 on Monday. Aren't you looking forward to feeling fabulous again?!!

Good luck Ann..it sucks to fall down but it feels great to get back up again.

We can do this!

Made it through Day 1 without much bother..managed 3 meals yesterday(this was a struggle last time around)and the plan is to really stick to that this time without any excuses.Looking to see where I was weak last time and how I can really improve this time as I need this to be more than 30 days,I need this to be a lifetime of clean eating.

Anje - after having a successful Whole30, can you identify what made you fall so hard off the wagon ? As a barely-recovered junk food addict myself, I'm interested in WHAT makes people go back to their old habits, because I know I am at risk for that myself, and I'm hoping to learn from the mistakes of others.

Not trying to be judgemental here - I don't intend to CRITICIZE you for backsliding, I'm just hoping that maybe you can shed some light on what the post-Whole30 pitfalls are so others can avoid them.

On a positive note, you're back at it again ! Good for you !

Hi Kristin,,thinking on it,as I have been for the past days,I think it had to do with pms..I always crash on sugar and carbs when it's that time of the month..as soon as the time passed,I was able to get back into things.

I was also able to get back at it because I was feeling so bad and there wasn't that much time between falling off and getting back on.

I think for me, the most important thing is not to have anything that could compromise me..there is none of this just a treat or just a little won't hurt.

I would hope that after being off sugar for a much longer period of time that I might be able to have some dark chocolate or something unprocessed and real without going off the rails but I think that's a really long way off and maybe it won't be possible..hope this helps somewhat and best of luck in your whole 30 and beyond!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I'm only 2 days in - 2 days that have been great so far - and I'm hoping to have such a GREAT experience that I never go back ! But I know that backsliding or going off the rails is a risk, so your experience is helpful.

I hope this one - version 2.0 for you - is a winner !

Day 5 of second whole 30 and now starting to feel more normal.I'm very happy I didn't have to go through as bad a time as the first time around.I have been slightly more tired but I have been more active this time around as well.

I have decided to really limit my fruit this time as last time I was on a peach kick(it was in season and I refuse to believe in season in moderation is bad)and it may have contributed to my falling off the wagon last time.

A lot of my aches and pains are starting to lessen now.

I have started a daily meditation practice this time around as well and I am hoping this will continue on for a very long time after.It does so much for focus and calm.

I knew it wasn't going to be easy and here I am with another slip up..I'm not going to feel bad about it and I'm right back on board for tomorrow is another day.

The road to health is full of bumps and luckily this one wasn't a huge pothole..at least I am not going to let it be one.

Very ill with a sinus infection and not doing so well at the whole 30 as a result.

Planning a re-start/new start after this passes and I feel less like death.

Perhaps joining Rock-tober and doing the month as my birthday is October 30th and I would really like to be straightened out again rather than all of this coming and going..it's driving me mad!

Good luck with the restart. It's hard to stay on track when you aren't well. That's one of my pitfalls. I just want comfort food of the high processed carbs and sugary variety. Good on you for keeping going, one step closer to great health.

I am fighting some hard sugar cravings tonight but trying to get through with breathing and water,it's the first bad craving in the past 2 days.

Day4 is in the bag.Slow roasted a duck today,was lovely.

Have started a daily stretching routine and I am starting to feel better from it.

Rock on day 5!

Well,another slip and back at it today with hopes for a successful week this week.

All I can do is keep trying and hope that there are less slips as time goes on.

Managed to get 6 days and fell at the 7th..today is a new day

Well..that didn't last long..it was thanksgiving here and although I was fine with the meal I had 2 glasses of wine for the first time in more than 3 months..have a badly injured shoulder and thought the wine might relax it a bit as the painkillers are doing nothing.

I then topped off the meal with some cake my gran made.

Tomorrow is another day

I have been having a really difficult time and falling off and getting back on the sugar free wagon..I can't seem to commit..I am now trying to give it another go and hope I can do it this time.

It's exhausting being in this frame of mind especially when I know what it takes to feel better.

Anyway,having a little moan..will see how it goes today and hope it's a proper re-start this time around

• 2 weeks later...

I don't want to jinx myself but I think I am finally back on track with food.

I had 2 days of eating wheat(I rarely have eaten wheat over the past year)and was so unwell that it kicked me back into gear.

This is day 2 and other than being a bit tired,I am feeling ok.

I am trying for 14 days as that seems more achievable and then will see how I am feeling.

Archived