Portable Coconut Milk Container?

chezjulie

Hi y'all. I wrestled with this issue on my previous Whole30. I like to drink coffee when I'm out and about, so I generally take coconut milk with me to use in the place of cream. However I haven't found a very good container. My dream container would hold about an ounce and have a little spout .  :D

I usually use the Glad Mini Round containers, which are a little too large and also wide at the top which makes for messy pouring.

I've ordered a 1.25 oz. size GoToob which might be easier to deal with since it's squeezable, but I'm not sure how easy it will be to clean, and they're rather expensive.

Any other coffee & coconut milk drinkers have ideas? Or have you used a GoToob?

Be forewarned, the container frogtox posted will leak with really liquidy/runny/thin stuff.  I tried taking vinegar with me once and it ruined a purse!

I use containers from REI - go to your local backpacking/hiking/camping store and see what they have.  Most of it is designed to be very light weight, handle a lot of abuse and not leak (and it's all food safe).  Tons of shapes and sizes and many that are 3 oz or less now due to TSA regulations.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everybody for the creative suggestions! I thought I should report back that the GoToob worked out great. I just squirt the coconut milk into my coffee as if from a diner bottle of ketchup. The container hasn't leaked, it's lightweight, and it's easy to rinse out.

Fortunately it doesn't get that greasy film that Ladyshanny mentioned. (I get that film on the inside of my salad dressing containers and it's annoying). 

Archived