Sweet potato hash with sausage

Holley54

Have you thought of having soup for breakfast?  My two favorites are sweet potato soup with breakfast sausage added and (leftover) chicken with vegetable.  As much as I love eggs, there's just something soothing about soup and those two are quite filling as well.

• Administrators

Your title says "sweet potato hash with sausage" so are you looking for a recipe for that in particular?  I always precook some protein on the weekend and then in the morning I do the fry up with the protein, some shredded cabbage, chopped snow peas/green beans, roasted yam or potato and whatever spices I'm feeling like.  It takes about 10 minutes to get the veggies cooked down.  One pan to wash.  If you steam sauteed the veggies at night or on the weekend, the morning fry would take even less time!  (I don't like what the microwave does to food, personally, but you could microwave this too.)

• Moderators

You don't really need a recipe. Brown your sausage (are you making your own? google Alton Brown breakfast sausage, and just omit the sugar), saute some onions, pull them out of the pan, cube or shred your sweet potatoes, cook in plenty of good fat until tender, then toss in the sausage and onions and heat through. Serve topped with an egg or all by itself.

Archived