What else can I drink other than Water?

I am on day two and already begging for anything other than just water to drink. I drank so much water on previous diets I burned myself out on it. I know I can drink Tea and Coffee unsweetened but I cannot stand unsweet tea and not a coffee drinker. I am already burned out on just water alone. Is there any other suggestions of drinks? 

Although you state you cannot stand unsweet tea, have you tried herbal teas?  I am in love with the Chai tea varieties right now, my two favorites right now are the pumpkin spice and the chocolate chai - no sweeteners, but they have tremendous flavor.  I add coconut milk to mine, as I do my coffee.

Thank you and I will look into the herbal teas. Do you find that Chai tea in any store or is it at the health stores only? By the way thank you for all your help. I am a new comer at this so. Read the book but hard to contain all the info! I will also try putting some flavor into it by using actual fruit. 

Thank you and I will look into the herbal teas. Do you find that Chai tea in any store or is it at the health stores only? By the way thank you for all your help. I am a new comer at this so. Read the book but hard to contain all the info! I will also try putting some flavor into it by using actual fruit. 

If you get overwhelmed with information, focus on the basics:

- Whole30 program rules

- Whole30 Can I Have Guide

- Whole30 recommended meal template

On the herbal teas, my favorite brand is Tea Forte.

I thought I hated herbal teas too. Turns out it's just some specific things that I don't like. I have started drinking a ton of herbal teas since starting whole30 and am really happy with them as an alternative to water.

Personally I found that I don't like Honeybush, but I do like Rooibos. I always thought they were the same thing and they'e not. I like a little bit of licorice root, even though I don't like things that taste like licorice... so I kept thinking there were all these herbals I wouldn't like without actually giving them a chance. And I adore mint teas. And it turns out the chamomile, which I thought was the only herbal I liked... I only like if it's sweetened or a minor player in the blend.

I've been consuming a lot of Stash's herbals in particular. And as always, check the label. They're not all compliant.

I thought so! No Soy at all. I figured that which is why I didn't buy it. Looks like I will have to go to Momma Jeans organic store to day. I did pick up some Lemons and the Lemon Juice. Just to be sure can I use the yellow packaged Lemon juice? The name is "Concord Foods; Reconstituded Lemon Juice" I haven't used it yet but wanted to check on it first!

• Administrators

I take it that sulphites are off limits also?

Correct.  Off limits.  The only way you can get away with them is when they are naturally occurring.  Things like balsamic vinegar may show the ingredients and then in another spot on the label say "Contains Sulphites".  As long as sulphites aren't noted in the ingredient list, you're fine.

I use an infusion pitcher. Fill with water because I'm not a tea drinker, and put fruit in the infusion tube. Flavors are great. My favorites are peach and blueberry.

I also use my Sodastream to make sparkling water and add a squirt of lime juice and a spoon of frozen orange juice to a glass of the water and it tastes like an orangina. Also do lemon juice, lime juice and some grated fresh ginger making a Sprite. This is what I drink in place of a glass of wine.

I started adding fruit juice to sparkling water. I had to start with a pretty high ratio of juice to water because I don't like plain sparkling water, but now I'm down to about 3:1 water to juice. I almost don't miss soda at all anymore.

I also have an infusion water bottle and love adding strawberries to my water.

I'm new too!  Day 6 here.  I LOVE water and am burned out as well.  Got the La Croix sparkling waters today - 3 boxes for $9 (24 in total!) and my four-year old also loves them!  (He's on Whole30 with me).  I use coconut cream in my coffee in a blender.  Tastes awesome!  Looking into making bulletproof coffee next.  I think that is compliant as it's coffee, coconut oil and ghee.  (making ghee tonight!) 

Good luck!  Your taste will change as you go too..

Archived