Bonfire

WholeUs

I started Whole 30 yesterday (This is my second attempt. I made it to day 12 last time before I got really sick and fell off.) But I'm looking ahead in my calendar and I know that I will attend 2 children's birthday parties (Skipping the cake - no big deal.) And then looking further ahead to day 26 is a bonfire. I love love a good bonfire. Hot dogs, Smores, hot cocoa...YUM! My fear is that I'll reach that potluck and go "Eh, 26 days is good enough!" So I wondered if anyone had any suggestions for bonfire-friendly foods that I can take for myself and my friend? (She will also be at this potluck and is doing Whole 30 with me)

• Moderators

There've been several past discussions of this, try googling Whole30 camping or Whole30 campfire.

I know people talked about sweet potatoes or potatoes cooked in the fire, and foil packets of foods. If you want to roast hot dogs on a stick, there are some compliant hot dogs out there (some varieties of Applegate Farms are) -- obviously you can't have the bun, but you could have the hot dog itself.

• Moderators

Thanks. I tried to search for this topic under the forums before I asked, but nothing came up. Maybe I didn't use the right words in my search.

If you used the search function within the forum, it doesn't always work very well. Going to Google (or one of the other major search engines) works better, just include Whole30 or Whole30 forums in your search and the results from this site should be up toward the top of the page. For instance, Googling Whole30 campfire got me to this page. Right at the top are a bunch of results from here in the forum.

Archived