Linda's Log.... Tired of Feeling Tired!

Linven

There was a ton of really good and interesting food at the BBQ, sort of a potluck thing. I ate some smoked meat and my raw veggies. Took one small spoon of what looked like a kale salad, and although it looked dry, it was not. There was a sweetness to it, so I left it alone.

Drank my water, chatted, did great! It is nice to be in control.

I just counted up. I am on Day 8. It is going by fast! I would like to feel more comfy in my clothes, but not really yet. I do think that inflammation is down, my face less puffy, things like that. And I'm not nearly as gassy! (TMI?) I wish the headaches would just go, but at least they are handled by tylenol usually. I do think I have more energy now than last week.

Still struggle with the 3 meals thing. But yesterday, I nailed it. :)

Today so far, my pre-wo egg.

Then a stir fry with a couple of sausage (compliant ones, chicken and apple), and a huge cup+ of cauliflower, broccoli and sugar snap peas. Left over from the BBQ. That was excellent. I cleaned my plate. 

Will have more later.

I remember the first day I nailed three template meals. I felt like such a boss! Congratulations! I know it has been an adjustment and a struggle.

I am on Day 13 and just started noticing inflammation going down, too - my face looking less puffy and a few things a wee bit looser. Be patient on the dramatic results part. On my first Whole30 I didn't see weight loss until the last 10 days of the program. Just keep doing what you're doing and trying to follow the template and the moderators' advice as best you can.

I was in Dallas to see family, so no tourist-y stuff, but I was interested to learn about the park at the GWB Library that is planted with prairie grasses and other native plants. Maybe next time!

I am surprised to say that I am 1/3 of the way through, on Day 11! It has really gone so fast. The changes I notice are just overall feeling better, which is really what I wanted (and of course to lose weight!). I am now getting to sleep by around 11-12, so I get up around 8 most days. Today I slept in a bit... :)

The headaches seem to have gone for now, and I really feel the inflammation subsiding to a point. 

I am still struggling with the 3 meal thing. I feel like I am eating a ton of stuff, although I do love veggies. Actually, the food that whole30 advises is packed with good stuff! I am already thinking that my first slight change, at the end, will be adding back in a couple drops of stevia to my coffee. Just don't like it black!

Things I know I need to avoid (knew even before the whole30 plan!) is sugar in large doses, wheat for sure, and possibly other grains, and lots of dairy. So I need to leave the greek yogurt and cheese snacks out! I might go back to regular butter and see how it goes. Dont' really care for the ghee that much, either.

I am wondering if I might lose more if I didn't eat the sweet potatoes, but honestly, they add such great flavor to things, or just plain with some butter. Love them!

Today is Sunday, so I took the day off from Jazzercise. There just isn't a class time that works for me, so I decided to give my body a day of rest each week.

So far today, breakfast was 3 eggs with diced sweet potatoes, onion and yellow pepper, with salsa. It was excellent! Cooked in coconut oil.

Lunch was smaller, a single Aidel's chicken sausage and 1/2 a yellow pepper, raw. 

Dinner will be pork tenderloin, along with some cauliflower/broccoli, and I'm not sure what else. 

I did have a palm of almonds earlier, too. Before lunch. That is why I realized I needed to eat lunch! Lol...

I am surprised at how easy the program has been to stick with, although I have done "low carb" routines before, giving up sugar. Yes, I have given it up before, and gone back KNOWING how bad it was for me! Life without chocolate is not something I really care to think about.... yet.

It's exciting that this week I will be halfway there!

I'd still like to find the connection to these headaches for you.  Your body is trying to tell you something.

My first thought, looking at your food from yesterday, is that maybe you have inadvertently gone a little too low-carb for your current activity level, and maybe you are going through a bit of carb-flu. 

But my next thought is that maybe you are not eating enough overall sometimes.  Lunch yesterday was pretty sparse.

Completed Day 14! Today was something of a challenge. A couple girlfriends and I went to a Korean Spa. I had a good breakfast (eggs/etc), before leaving. I had heard there was a restaurant there, and I was just hoping to find some spa food.... not to be. It was Korean fare. I settled on a veggie salad with raw salmon. Asked them to not use sauce or oil. That went fine. I would have enjoyed some of the other stuff, though. After we were done, we went out to dinner. Mexican! I ended up getting ceviche and a side salad. Ignored the chips. The only wrinkle was the ceviche, although it said lime juice on the menu, it was served in some sort of vinaigrette. Poured it out, did the best I could to just eat the "stuff". 

So I feel pretty good about my choices today! Still don't feel I've lost any weight or had any change in how my clothes feel, which is frustrating. And now I am halfway.....

Good job on the eating out choices! 

I just wanted to chime in regarding the weight loss....I don't think I've lost much weight either, but I've noticed other nice changes, so I focus on that. Still, it'd sure be nice if we were those people who report weight just falling off of us, wouldn't it?

I'm about a week ahead of you, so maybe something dramatic will happen in the weight loss department over the next 8 days!

I met a lady today that had just started her 4th or 5th whole 30, and has lost 60 pounds! I wanna be like her! Lol...

Today has been a struggle. Perhaps I should have sent the ceviche back instead of trying to just get rid of the vinaigrette. Had all 3 meals, but have dipped into my supply of dates in the fridge. They have not been out of there until today! 

Thank goodness I have no "bad stuff" in the house!

On the downhill! Went to lunch with some friends and had a wonderful salad with lemon juice. It wasn't until later when I started getting hungry that I decided there must not have been enough protein in it. By the time I got home several hours later from errands, I was breaking out the dates. I have had dates in my fridge for the last 2 weeks, without a thought. Today, I ate several. 

I had a great dinner, though. And now, trying to keep my act together. I am working a vendor show tomorrow where there will be plenty of candy.... I don't need to go there! Just hanging on.

I am feeling pretty good, and still going to Jazzercise. However, I'm not happy that my clothes are fitting the same. I can tell that some inflammation is down, because I can now wear my wedding ring! That is a GOOD thing!

Praying for strength tomorrow!

Luckily, no more dates in the house! Lol....

Today went well. I was worried about having candy at the table to bring people to look at my display.  My husband ate a bunch of it, but I left it alone. Lunch was a challenge, as they furnished sandwiches. Since I had not given myself time to put something together to take, I simply ate the sandwich without the bread and cheese. Then, once I got home, had an apple and almond butter. I was still hungry and tired after that long day on my feet.

Now, dinner. Steak, sweet potato, and spaghetti squash.

I knew that if I had even 1 piece, it would be all over! Feeling strong!

Yesterday was a bit of a challenge, again, but I made it through. We went to a neighbor's for dinner, and it turned out she had put BBQ sauce (homemade) on the beef. Although she always cooks for her husband, who is a diabetic, I went ahead and rinsed the sauce off. I'm pretty sure it had soy sauce in it.

And today, day 19, I had to go get a fasting blood draw, and ended up eating only 2 meals. Just didn't have time. I did grab a handful of almonds, and that helped.

On to day 20! 

Wow, hard to believe it is Day 25! Although I should have started over after a sip of beer 3 days ago. I plan on going on, anyway. 

I read in the daily newsletter that yesterday was a day for all those cravings to pop back up. Well, they are back in a big way today! I have stood my ground, but the thoughts are there. Thankfully, no Halloween candy in the house, either. 

I will get through this, and I'm sure it will improve.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally completed my first whole 30, and aside from a really bad cold (I never get them!) I feel great. I have pretty much stayed compliant, with a couple of exceptions. I am reintroducing real butter over clarified, and cutting back on the sweet potato. I have a couple of events coming up that would make strict compliance difficult, so I will continue as I am doing, with a bit of reintro of some things, but mostly staying compliant. Then I will start the process over again.

Things I know are causing me issues:  wheat flour, Greek yogurt, sugar (Duh), and even wine. Will be curious to see if anything else pops up via reintroduction phase. Looking forward to feeling this good for a LOOOONG time!

Congratulations, Linda! That's great. I'm glad you are feeling good.  :)

Sugar almost seems like it's a given for everybody. I remember somebody once posted on the forum asking if anyone else was a former sugar addict, and a frequent poster said "Everyone on the forum."

^ Same with wine.  Have you seen all the wine threads lately?  I haven't seen anyone say that it makes them feel great.

I know! Sadly, my husband and I used to drink a lot of wine. He still does.... without me, and of course, gives me stuff about not drinking! I guess it's not as much fun by yourself. So, we go to friends homes, he drinks wine, I drink water. ;)

Archived