Whole30 Hangovers? (am headaches) D16

brigita

Hey fellow W30 warriors--I'm on day 16 and have been waking up with headaches for the last five mornings or so. Any idea what could be causing this? I'm still drinking coffee so it shouldn't be caffeine withdrawl, but there's a good chance I'm dehydrated. I've also had that gross taste in my mouth since day 3 or so, if that gives anyone any clues...

Thanks in advance!

• Moderators

Waking up with headaches is not something I've heard from other participants. You say there is a good chance you are dehydrated? Fix that by drinking enough water each day that you know dehydration is not the problem and then see how you wake up.

Thanks for your feedback, guys. Come to think of it, I've been getting the headaches even when I was well hydrated (pounding carbonated H2O w/lime when others were drinking non-compliant bevvies).

I generally eat something like nuts or apple & almond butter in the evenings, but I have been eating banana ice cream (http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-creamy-ice-cream-w-93414) quite a bit in the evenings...I'll lay off that for a while and see if that helps any.

Thanks again! :)

I woke up with headaches regularly somewhere around the early-to-mid-point of my Whole30. They have since abated, but I never tracked down what might be causing them. I don't think it could have been carb-crashes, because if I was snacking before bed, it was on more high-fat stuff. And I drink water constantly. FWIW, I think my situation might well have been a reaction to something environmental, not just the dietary changes: something blooming outside, some change in prevailing winds bringing new things to my area, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived