Nancy's Whole 30 log

Nancy   H.

Day 41:

Well so much for dairy. I was so bloated last night I felt like I had eaten HUGE meal.

By bedtime 9:30 PM I had a doozie of a headache.

And I was dizzy. So no more dairy for me. But the ice cream was very good, just not worth suffering through the effects. And they are continuing today. I still feel bloated and have gas.

And just generally don't feel well.

The good news is that my blood sugar was 124 this morning.

Meal 1:

Two eggs scrambled with spinach and onions in coconut oil

1/2 avocado

Tea

Meal 2:

Ground Lamb sauteed in coconut oil

with Cocoa Cauliflower topped with

Tahini sauce

Sassy water

Meal 3:

Chocolate chili

Green Beans in ghee

Nine grapes

water

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 42:

Blood sugar: 122

Yes that is exactly what happened. And the effects are continuing today.

Nancy I hear you on the dairy. I decided to add espresso coffee milk to my diet yesterday - bloating, gas (both ends). loose #2"s and did not sleep well.

The headache is gone, but the digestive issues are still going on. I did not sleep well last night at all. I had leg cramps and night sweats. The leg cramps happen occasionally, but the night sweats were completely gone once I started Whole 30. So I think this all is because of the ice cream. Oh Well>>>>>>>>>>at least I enjoyed it. But no more.

One good thing is that I had lots of energy today despite the lack of sleep. I had to make a 50 mile trip to pick up some prescriptions. Then I went to the grocery store and stocked up. When I got home I made some Summer Squash Soup, some Guacamole and started the Ethiopian Chicken drumsticks.

Meal 1:

Grass fed burger

Green beans

Coffee with Coconut milk

Meal 2:

Pulled Pork with BBQ sauce

HUGE Butter Leaf salad with Green beans, cherry tomatoes, spinach ,

1/2avocade and home made 1000 Isle dressing. So good :P !

Snack:

10 grapes

Meal 3:

Pork Stew

Baked Sweet Potato with Coconut milk and cinnamon.

Snack:

Banana and Applesauce

Day 43:

Last night was weird. I had severe leg cramps every hour. :( The only think I could do was get up and walk it off. I have had leg cramps occasionally, but never this severe one right after the other. And I had a banana before I went to bed. So that was a lot of potassium.

But I am diuretics and normally take it in the morning. But yesterday I didn't take it until 1 PM So that might have had something to do with it. I do have a call in to my doctor. Hopefully he will order a blood test for me to see if I am lacking in potassium.

Because of the leg cramps I have been feeling somewhat run down today. And my legs hurt most of the day. I did force myself to do some gardening so I got some exercise.

Meal 1:

This was a great meal inspired by Tom Denham

Ground Turkey, with Sweet Potato and onion topped with

Dried Cranberries and chopped Macadamia nuts.

Meal 2:

Two Ethiopian chicken drumsticks

Green Beans

1/2 avocado

1/2 orange

Sassy water

Snack:

1/4 cup chopped dates

Ice tea

Meal 3:

Ground Lamb

Spring Squash Soup

1/2 avocado

Ice tea

I sure hope I sleep better tonight.

Hi Nancy - sorry to hear about your reaction to dairy. I'd love to be able to eat dairy AND eggs, but . . . those foods just are not ready for how my body works! I've had leg cramps before and they can be painful, let alone frustrating and uncomfortable. I hope you feel better today.

Day 44:

Well today I feel really good No leg cramps last night and I slept in until 7:45 this morning. That is really unusual for me. I usually am awake about 6:30. But late yesterday afternoon I took a long warm bath. I thought that might relax my legs. They had been tingling all day. And my blood sugare was 132. :) Pretty good.

Meal 1:

Baked eggs with spinach, onion, tomatoes and Ghee

Herbal Tea

Meal 2:

One Ethiopian drumstick

Two deviled eggs made with mayo and 1/2 avocado

1/2 sweet potato mixed with left overs from egg mixture

1/2 orange

Snack:

1//4 cup dried fruit. (I hope that doesn't mess with the blood sugar) :unsure:

Meal 3:

Two Tuna wraps (tuna mixed with mayo dill relish and lettuce wrapped in

Two curry Pure Wraps

Green Beans.

Sassy Water.

Now I have to go watch the Giants clinch :lol: the World series. Go Giants.!

Since I am on day 45 technically I should be posting in the "While 30 Reintroduction" but since I started out here and have made some friends I want to stay here. I did post in the other thread about going to lunch and needing some help in what to add as a reintroduction. Please read that one and give me any suggestion you have. Thank a lot.

Hi Nancy - looks like you are still doing great! Congratulations on 40 days! I lost track somewhere on where I stand (started Sept 10, so it must be about 49 days??? now - wow!) Last week I traveled for work and was quite impressed at how much I was able to stay on plan. I did try a few glasses of wine and could not believe that I was actually hung over the next day! Other than the fact that there could have been some non-compliant oil on the grill that may have touched what was probably a non-grass fed burger, I was able to just order meat and steamed veggies and had eggs over-medium with a side of fruit at breakfast every morning. I did cave and try some of the halloween candy I bought (should never have bought the Heath bars...) and noticed immediately how addicting they are. I couldn't stop so I know I have to be very careful. I felt immediately "high" after the sugar and lousy for hours after. I also woke up several times over night. Although I am sure I will eat sugar from time to time, it really has made me appreciate how AWESOME I feel every other day while eating W30. I am glad I tried both the wine and the sugar because I was a bit scared at how/when I would ever reintroduce anything and equally glad for the lesson learned. I hope you continue with great success and can figure out how to still enjoy fruit enough while keeping your BS in check...

Have a great day!

Day 45:

Still struggling with what I should reintroduce on Wednesday when I go to lunch. I don't want to have dairy. I know what the 14 cup ice cream did to me last week. I could have my favorite Lentil Soup, but besides the legumes I have no idea what else is in it. so I think I had better stay to some of their good bread (no butter).

Blood sugar : 146

Meal 1:

Breakfast Granola

1/2 apple

small handful sliced almonds

small handful dried cranberries

small handful coconut flakes

Processed in food processor and thenserved with

Coconut milk

One Avocado deviled egg

Coffee

Meal 2:

Three Ethiopian drumsticks

Steamed Broccoli with mayo

Meal 3:

Beef Stew

Huge Butter leaf and spinach salad with

1/2 Avocado

Snack:

1/2 Apple with Hazelnut butter

Blood Sugar: 126 :)

Day 46:

Well the lunch has been cancelled. My daughter's son got sick. So we are going to postpone.

Since that happened I decided I was still going to try grains tomorrow. We'll see how that goes.

Meal 1:

Two eggs scrambles with Ground beef, spinach, topped with

dried cranberries and chopped almonds

Herbal tea

Meal 2:

Chicken Tenders browned in coconut oil

Topped with baby food sweet potatoes.

Balsamic roasted beets

1/2 avocado deviled egg

Sassy Water

Snack:

Ice Tea and 1/2 avocado deviled egg

Meal 3:

Fried summer squash rounds in three Tbsp coconut oil.

(Summer squash cut into 1/4 inch rounds, dipped in a beaten egg

then into a mixture of arrowroot, and some spices. then fried in the oil)

Scrambled the left of the egg mixture.

10 grapes

When I went to the store today I saw some 1/4 cup servings of ice cream.

So naturally I decided to buy two of them.

Well, around 10PM I remembered them and ate one: Chocolate.

Really good. But then I remembered the last time I had ice cream and the headache and bloating I got.

We will have to see what happens this time.

Snack:

14 cup Chocolate ice cream.

Archived