Cmc08

Caroline- why are you avoiding coconut oil? I worry you might have misunderstood something in the rules. To be clear: coconut oil is one of several recommended fats for use during the whole30. There are alternatives if you prefer not to use it, but if you like using coconut oil, enjoy.

For high heat recommended oils are: coconut oil, ghee, animal fat (these should be from high-quality sources as toxins are stored in fat)

For moderate/low heat, recommended oils are: avocado oil, olive oil, nut oils like macadamia and walnut.

not recommended, but permitted for dining out: seed oils, like sunflower seed oil, canola oil

not permitted: soy, corn or vegetable oil, margarine, unclarified butter

Hi,

Maybe I did get mixed up but I have an auto-immune condition so I thought I'd remove nuts (including the coconut oil) and eggs for the first 30 days, correct me if I'm wrong. I look forward to including them in my diet.

Thanks,

Caroline

We recommend that even people who have autoimmune conditions do the "regular" whole30 first. Once you have 30 days under your belt you could try the additional restrictions of the autoimmune plan.

Once you get there, you may be happy to learn that coconut products are permitted on the autoimmune plan (you are correct that eggs are not). Here is the autoimmune shopping list: http://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-shopping-list-AIP.pdf

Archived