I woke up today, day 5, and felt dizzy and achy and crappy. At first I assumed it was my body reacting to the elimination of sugar and was really wanting to eat cereal or something. I had a banana and kept feeling awful, then I had diarrhea and felt dizzy and more increased flu like symptoms. My kids had the pukes 4 days ago so I guess it could be that. I am having ginger tea which is good and not feeling like eating anything, especially meat or veggies. I am having sulfur burps and nausea. I knoe on day4-5 it says you are grouchy and hate everyone but this doesn't really coincide with my symptoms. Any advice? Thank you.

Any advice for foods caompatible with stomach flu since I cant do the typical 7 up and saltines. Is there any reason I shouldnt continue if I am sick. I am only 5 days in, doing well and feeling good. I DO NOT want to quit but just not sure how to handle this and just want to feel better.

• Administrators

No reason to quit, nope!  Go for some blander things like stewed chicken breast, sweet potatoes, scrambled eggs, mashed potatoes, bone broth (this one for sure!), ginger steeped in hot water.  Even if you go a couple days without really eating much, as long as you don't eat the "no" foods, you are still on Whole30.  It's ultimately your choice.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just got over the stomach bug as well. I typically have a love for water but couldn't stand it the past few days. To combat this I dosed up on compliant coconut water (check your labels!), and seltzer water (again, check your labels!). Scrambled eggs, sweet potatoes and potatoes also helped. Once I started to feel better I began to eat high water concentrated fruits and veggies (cucumbers, celery, strawberries, oranges). 

Archived