Starting 11/1

StaceyT

Hi - New to all of this, but have heard from friends that this really does work, and help you feel great!  So - I am going to commit to start this on Nov 1st!  (day after Halloween because I KNOW I won't be able to pass up on candy that day!  I am going at this solo, as I am a single mom.  It'll be difficult as I have 2 kids that will eat things that I won't be able to.  Would love for them to try this too, but getting an 11 year old to give up Chicken nuggets plus eat tons of veggies may just tip him over the edge.  LOL.  

Anyone else starting 11/1?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Stacey! I have a big family event on the 24th of October and I was thinking of starting the Whole 30 after that. I saw that you want to start on 11/1 and I'd like to do it with you if you want. I'm not expecting my husband to do it (knowing him, he'll eat what I've cooked but he'll eat it with some bread or a piece of cheese or a glass on milk, etc.). We could support each other and help each other. If I'm alone, I know I might be weaker from time to time.

Let me know! :)

I'm making November 1st my start date to give me time to read in the Whole30 book and prepare myself. I'm a wife and mom of two boys under 5 years old. I will be the only one in my house doing it so it will be hard to see them eating the foods I normally would be eating with them. Good news is my husband said he'll do this once he sees my success. Hopefully us ladies can encourage each other on our journeys.

I'm not used to go on Forum. But I'd love it if we could make ourselves a kind of supporting group. Either on this forum post or if everybody has Facebook, we create ourselves a private group or something.

Let me know if you are interested! :)

Hey All! I'm also starting 11/1 and would love the company & support. My hubby isn't doing it with me but since he eats what I cook, he will be eating healthier! I'll make sure I read the book before our start date. Looking forward to a successful whole30! 

Hello everyone! I am starting 11/1 as a pescartarian in hopes of healing my belly. Also, would love the company and support. I tend to over plan things instead of just being so being a part of a group may help. Since I already cut out grains, have dairy on very special occasions (o a froyo taste wit my children) I figure it can't be so bad to give it a shot. Giving up my stevia will probably be the worse of it.

Quick question for anyone who is an athlete. Will would adjust the pan a little bit for pre/post workout recovery? I tend to eat 6 small meals a day to not only help with my gastro issues but keep my energy going through my 5 day w/o split. 

Excited for the journey!

Hey ya'll! I just decided tonight that I'm going to start the whole 30 on 11/1 too and will definitely need the accountability! I have three children three and under, the last one was born just 9 weeks ago! I'm so excited for a refresher - to start focusing on what I'm putting into my body & to teach my young boys how to be mindful of what they eat as well! I will of course modify this for them. They would be very upset without yogurt daily & the occasional treat. My husband says he is onboard  with it, but I think the NO alcohol rule will be a deal breaker! Please let me know if you start a facebook group/email list or another way to hold each other accountable. So excited to start!

Hello Ladies,

I bought the book recently and have been reading it to prepare for the Whole30. I must admit I have said a few times in the past that I was going to do it but I know i did not set myself up for success by preparing and planning. Now that I am reading the book, it seems like planning can be half the battle to have victory with the whole30. I also believe the accountability is key. I am also a single mother and sometimes after a 10 hour day of work and other daily responsibilities, having to make conscious food choices can be a challenge. So, I will definitely love for this thread to create a Facebook group so that we can support each other on the journey. It can make the next 30 days much easier and even enjoyable. I think Facebook is the easiest way since most of us probably have a smart phone and can access it through the app. Let's try to do it before the weekend! I am really looking forward to successfully completing my first whole30. I am sure I will want to do it again afterward! I look forward to sharing the next 30 days with you all.

Hi everyone, I'm doing the Whole30 in November as well! My roomie is kind of in on it, but she doesn't want to cut out grains and dairy, so.... I would love to be part of an accountability FB group! Can anyone make a group and maybe link it on this thread? :) 

I am looking forward to changing my life in 30 days and cheering on you all :) 

Hi All,

I'm new to this, I have been trying to not eat wheat & grains for about a year, need to lose about one stone but I'm just managing to maintain, mainly because of my love of wine! sweets, deserts, pastries aren't much of a temptation but wine is obviously my sugar fix, not looking forward to giving it up!

I have decided that I need to make a commitment to stick with an eating plan and after a couple of days internet trawling decided on the whole 30.

I have ordered the book 'Whole 30' from Amazon UK ( I'm English) but as I live in Crete it could take a while to get here! I paid for express delivery so will be interesting to see when it arrives! 

I was hoping to start my Whole 30 on November 1st but as I don't think I will have the book by then am I setting myself up to fail? 

I'm off to look at some meal plans now I have 3 days to get organised! I would also like to join you on face book please.

I was hoping to start my Whole 30 on November 1st but as I don't think I will have the book by then am I setting myself up to fail? 

Not at all.  You don't need the book in order to do a successful Whole30.  Everything you need is available starting here.

Would love to join you guys for the Nov 1st start! I did a successful 60-day program a year ago with great results, but have had the hardest time getting back on the wagon since. My biggest challenge are a tight budget and that I don't cook a lot, which leads to a lot of meal repetitions but I find I didn't mind after the initial 2 weeks. I have a Hawaii vacation in under with months and would like to go into that feeling good.

Alright suck'ahs, I'm hopping on board!!

Would it be best to create a message thread or establish a FB group? I personally believe the message thread would be easier but just wanted to get your suggestions/ideas.

I don't have a FB, so for me I'll only be here on the thread.

Let's rock it out!! Where's everyone from/living? 

K.

I bounce back and forth between Seattle, WA, San Diego, CA, and Sundance, WY (apparently I like cities that start with the letter "S"?)

I was worried about thanksgiving but I end the day before! It will be so good for me, I won't binge eat at all.

You started 10/26?

I do see at least a couple of our group here are non-U.S. folks --- you're going to have an easier time I think! ;)

For the U.S. peeps, do you have any special strategies planned for Thanksgiving?

Some ideas:

http://whole9life.com/2012/11/a-healthy-whole9-thanksgiving/

http://whole30.com/2010/11/steal-this-meal-thanksgiving-part-iii/

http://meljoulwan.com/2014/11/17/favorite-paleo-thanksgiving-recipes/

Archived