Looking for a buddy to go throught this with. Start date 10/13

LaurenB

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely feeling like I have more energy and ppl have commented if I've lost weight. I used to feel so tired after lunch and want to take a nap almost everyday, and now I don't feel as tired, so that's HUGE! My husband and friends have also commented on my increased energy.

Mentally though I feel like I'm so done with this program. I feel like I'm in food prison! Last weekend we were in Austin at my brother's house for a weekend celebration and they were super accomodating since my sister and neice are also on a strict diet and my SIL has food sensitivites. So that was really, really nice...until they ordered this amazing pizza that they kept raving about. I abstained and had leftovers, but I was like after this program, I'm coming back to eat some pizza!!!

It's so good to hear everyone's post and hear about how you guys are doing! Keep pressing on! The end is in sight!!!

Sonia

So tonight I tried on pants. Which I probably shouldn't have done. But at least I didn't jump on the scale or take measurements. I spend my life in yoga pants so it's hard to tell if my clothes feel looser--had to go for the jeans. Underwhelmed. Actually feeling confident that I could continue to eat this way regularly, with the exception of special occasions and weekend events. But I feel like I've been really committed so far, and it's getting easier! Today some of my dance students brought me candy and a cupcake and I didn't even feel tempted to eat it. Any ideas on how to crank out some more noticeable results in the next week or so?

So tonight I tried on pants... Underwhelmed ... Any ideas on how to crank out some more noticeable results in the next week or so?

It would help to get some details on what life has looked like for you on your Whole30, to suggest possible tweaks. In the Troubleshooting section (http://forum.whole9life.com/forum/19-troubleshooting-your-whole30/), can you post a few days worth of your food, including portion sizes, daily water consumption, nightly hours of sleep, and any exercise?

Also, how is your current level of stress, how different is Whole30 eating from how you ate prior, and is there anything in your health history that could impact your results?

Thanks GFChris. I posted a reply in the troubleshooting section like you asked. I should also add that I drink a TON of water. I refill my 16 oz bottle at least 5 times a day!

It would help to get some details on what life has looked like for you on your Whole30, to suggest possible tweaks. In the Troubleshooting section (http://forum.whole9life.com/forum/19-troubleshooting-your-whole30/), can you post a few days worth of your food, including portion sizes, daily water consumption, nightly hours of sleep, and any exercise?

Also, how is your current level of stress, how different is Whole30 eating from how you ate prior, and is there anything in your health history that could impact your results?

So I don't count I know because I slipped up a few times, accidentally, and then sometimes I know I've overdone it on the fruit and nuts (not Larabars, but still). I know when I'm overdoing it on the nuts, I tend to overdo it on the fruit. I think it spirals. Mostly I think this happens because I'm tired, because I didn't get the chance to sleep through the night (children). And I can't just sleep anytime I want of course, so I reach for the nut/fruit for comfort.

I'm afraid tea will make me more constipated, so I've avoided it. But I've still been having that problem. I think this is a result of my not getting enough water, and exercise. And the diet too, because I didn't have this much problem with it in the past.

Yes, I am interested in how you all are doing too. I didn't find that the positives really outweighed the negatives to continue this indefinitely. But of course I'm not done yet. It has been interesting though, and I've tried new foods (Sage, thyme, unsweetened coconut flakes and oil weren't a part of my repertoire before.)

I really would like some cake right about now.

sometimes I know I've overdone it on the fruit and nuts ...

I'm afraid tea will make me more constipated, so I've avoided it. But I've still been having that problem. I think this is a result of my not getting enough water, and exercise.

Nuts can also cause constipation for some. You might try dropping them and see if that brings you relief.

Sonia, Dancincrazy, Lauren, how are you doing? Last day tomorrow, right? What are your results and plans? Will you do the 10 day reintro?

Good news for me is that I avoided nuts yesterday and don't have constipation today, and slept deeply last night. I'm hoping tomorrow will be the same.

I have realized that fruit is not a no-brakes food for me so much as nuts. I'm pretty happy and satisfied to stop with fruit, even snacking on it because I don't want to waste what my kids aren't eating. But the nuts actually make me want more. That's a good piece of learning. Kind of sad, as I do enjoy the taste of nuts. But enlightening.

Thanks for checking in Sonia! And I feel sort of the same way that you do with fruit and nuts, and oddly---roasted vegetables! Something for me to think about too, moving forward.

Just finished my 30, and I think I'm going to keep going for awhile longer, opting for the slow reintroductions when the situation presents itself-ie restaurants, parties, etc. I also plan to try to reintroduce some of the technically non-template foods that I used to love like green smoothies, lentils, quinoa, and the (occasional) paleo pancake on a lazy Sunday. ;) My results were minor, but I'm no worse off than I was before. Lost 1/2 an inch in my hip and thigh and an inch in my waist. My scale is one of those fancy ones, and I came back .3 lbs heavier than I did on day 1, but 1/2 a lb lighter in terms of fat weight, and .5% less body fat. I'll take it. My jeans fit similarly to how they did before, but in my before/after pictures I look less "puffy", and my skin looks brighter. I feel healthy, and am having less "fat days" than I used to. Also, the fact that I stayed at pretty much the same weight without counting calories or ever going hungry is a good indication that my metabolism probably isn't broken. Maybe I'm not meant to lose that last 10lbs, but I'm curious to see what a little more time of mostly eating this way will do. Pretty easy to do on weekdays, when I cook for myself. More challenging in social settings. I've learned that I can do without chocolate and wine at night, that I don't really miss most dairy, and the thought of eating most processed foods sounds really unappealing to me right now. 

I've been working on my sleep this week. For the past few days, I've not set an alarm and allowed myself to sleep in until whenever my body wakes me. Typically that's been around 7 hours. Do you think it's possible that that's the amount of sleep my body actually needs, as opposed to 8? I can tell you this...I never have any trouble falling asleep, never wake up in the middle of the night, and have been known to sleep through thunderstorms, multiple alarm clocks, and construction in our house! 

You'll probably continue to see me around here as I tweak things for myself, and hope you continue to make progress too! 

I cannot tell you how happy I am to be done! :D I plan on doing the reintroduction but can see myself adding too many things at once... i.e. having pizza and having dairy, gluten, sugar etc. all in one sitting. I lost 5.5 lbs. I'm still the same clothing size. I have no idea what I lost in inches. There are a lot of things that I think I will just permanently cut out and others that I will do in moderation like dairy.

Congratulations to you all! And thanks for sharing your journey with us!

Dancincrazy, I think that your sleep sounds just fine. If you allow yourself the liberty of waking when you're ready, and it is always the same for... I'm guessing... Five days... You're probably already good. I would give it a few days so you can be sure it's not just habit that you wake early.

All right then, I will need to tag onto another group maybe to continue to 28th. :) congratulations again!

Archived