Day 10...busy MOM...need "recipe" ideas quick!!

RockHell

Hi everyone!

I'm a busy, working mom of 3 amazing kiddos! I've been eating Paleo for over a month now, but decided to kick it up a notch with the Whole30 on September 6th. I've been eating my veggies and salmon, tuna and shrimp but would love some amazing ideas from all of you phenomenal non-rookies out there!

Thanks in advance! :)

One of my quick go to meals is grilled chicken with guacamole. Grill the chicken with whatever seasonings make you happy. I did garlic as my Cajun seasoning mix is out. Make guacamole with avocados, cilantro, tomato, onion (I skip this as I can't stomach onion), lemon juice, salt and pepper. I like it spicy so I add a jalapeno to it. I mash the avocados with potatoe masher, chop and add the cilantro. add the salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste. Mix and then add tomatoes. Put on top of chicken after it's done and serve.

working mom with kiddos here, too....

Mostly I've been trying to modify our "usuals" for these first few weeks - example: meatballs with rice and some kind of sauce and green beans makes a regular appearance on our table. So I'm making the meatballs (so I can omit all the no-nos) making the cauliflower "rice" for me...green beans and a salad. The kids think it's basically the same meal they are used to and I'm not having to cook double meals.

Same thing on taco night...I just used lettuce leaves instead of tortillas and baked a sweet potato for myself (skipping rice/beans.)

And on a fish/pasta night I tried the zucchini "noodles" in place of everyone else's fettucini...super easy and a great substitute.

I'm also using recipes from Practical Paleo - I went through it first and found everything that were things my kids would already eat so it wouldn't feel like I was having to cook a whole separate meal for myself. That's been helpful...also because I harbor fantasies of having everyone eat this way at some point. :)

Good luck!

Archived