Whole 180 - i need more than 30 days to sort out my nutrition.

David Lyon_4267

I'm David. I am a 270 lb guy from Scotland who is sick and tired of being sick and tired.

I read "It starts with food" and have decided to follow the whole30 protocol. I have a long way to go and don't believe 30 days will be enough, I am committing to 180 days.

I am looking forward to the positive changes I will be making and seeing.

See you guys in the forums.

Hi David, I love your attitude. I'm in Scotland too, Glasgow. I'm on day 8 of the W20 and it's been a bumpy ride so far. Some things have definitely improved but I've had a lot of digestive issues. Since I have a history of that, it's not really surprising. What I've decided is to stick with W30 until all the issues are cleared up and I feel good AND THEN add 30 days onto that. That way, I'll have 30 positive days under my belt before I even think about adding any other foods in. Good luck

• Moderators

Hi David,

I did something like a Whole180 when I started... I felt so much better after 14 days I could not imagine going back to anything I did before. I did loosen up a little after months and months, but I remain close to Whole30-compliant most of the time and it has been 2 years.

I never lost a lot of weight following the Whole30, but I lost 2 pounds per month for 15 months in a row. I never changed what or how much I was eating, but stopped losing weight when I got down to 185. I've gained 10 pounds this year, but just completed a 3-month muscle building program a few weeks ago, so the gains were expected.

I've had a lot of digestive issues.

You might want to review the latest Whole9 post... http://whole9life.com/2012/09/digestive-enzymes-101/

Day 4 was better than day 3. Carb flu symptoms are going but not gone. Been reading it can take up to 14 days for initial adjustment symptoms to go, so prepared for another week of feeling yucky.

Its a bank holiday weekend here so will get a longer weekend and more time to experiment with new meals.

One unexpected side effect of whole 30 is that I'm now becoming interested in cooking. I enjoy hunting for new recipes and trying them out.

• 2 weeks later...

I am on day 63 of my "whole 30". I am feeling soooo amazing and I don't want to stop YET! Before I started I had migraines weekly, extreme fatigue, digestive issues, depression and anxiety (talking panic attacks), joint pain..you name it. I am only 36 and I didn't want to feel that way anymore. EVERY SINGLE SYMPTOM IS GONE!! I feel soo amazing and thankful for all the changes that have occured in my body and mind. I am so thankful for It Starts With Food and the Whole 9/Whole 30. It has saved me and brought back my old self. I have also lost 18 lbs.-added bonus there!! Loving life..loving the whole 30 for 63 days now and much more to come!!! Good luck to you!!!

David, I like your idea of a Whole180... Will you be turning your life around 180 degrees? (^_-) This would make for an interesting show for Whole9 to do! The Whole180: See People Turn Their Lives Around 180 Degrees!

Good luck with everything! :D

Good luck, David! I am on Day 8 (although I think I'm going to start fresh tomorrow--I had been using butter and had OJ a couple times and think I want to start over without those). I expect to be compliant for at least two months. I don't need to lose weight, just to replace fat with muscle. I do have a short list of health problems to address, however. Then it's on to getting my husband and three young children on board!

Archived