Whole30 in NYC!

kea126

I am new to NYC and I am having trouble with meal prepping because I am finding it hard to get groceries in a timely manner, especially if I am having to go to a few different grocery stores to find what I need. This is my second whole 30. I did my first 30 days a year ago, so I am not new to the program, but I am just having difficulty figuring out a routine on the city. I am also having a hard time finding grass fed meats. Any suggestions would help!

Thanks

• Moderators

Eat Wild is a good resource for finding locally raised meats. I don't know if they're all grassfed or not, but it's a place to start. Also keep in mind that while grass fed meat is ideal, if it's just not available or not in your budget or you can only manage it sometimes, for Whole30 purposes, it's find to use conventionally raised meats. This article might be helpful. Although it's geared more for budgetary considerations, it has information on what to look for in non-grass fed meats too.

You could also order meats online -- US Wellness Meats is a good source. It gets pricy, but when your local options are limited, it can be a nice alternative sometimes.

Hopefully someone actually from NYC can chime in and give you more specific ideas.

• 1 month later...

Hi! I'm in NYC, and wanted to give some advice. Check out freshdirect.com and instacart.com

You can have groceries delivered to you pretty much anywhere and anytime and they have good quality stuff. I've ordered grass-fed beef from them quite a few times. Trader Joe's also sells grass-fed ground beef for a good price and has many other whole 30 compliant items for low cost. Whole Foods is another great (more expensive) option.

Archived