Day 3 of my second whole 30 and feeling SOOOO tired

I completed my first whole 30 in February of this year and had great results. I tried to stay on track with eating well and did good for a few months but summer was tough for me to keep it up and I went back to my old ways. I am excited to be starting a second whole 30 and am feeling okay. I remember last time around I felt a lot more sick the first few days which I am not having now. I have a major caffeine withdrawal headache which I expect. The biggest struggle now is that I am SOOO tired, like 10 weeks pregnant tired and I am wondering if this is normal. I sleep great at night but today I woke up and wish I could sleep for 10 more hours. Anyone else have this experience?

• Moderators

As Brewer5 said, taking away the caffeine can do that. It's also pretty normal to be tired for the first few days of a Whole30, even if you don't give up caffeine.

Be sure you eat enough, including a serving of starchy vegetables each day, drink plenty of water, aim for 8 hours of sleep per night, and rest when you can. It will get better.

Archived