Break Room Full of Goodies - Need Support

sspayne

I'm on Day 24 - SO CLOSE - but I am literally in tears trying to fight this sugar craving right now. I travel 50% of time for work, and eating well is so hard. Yes, I know all the techniques, I have a good routine, but the effort is at times exhausting (yes, first world problems). I'm thinking of just calling it quits. I'm tired and in a bad mood. At this point a Whole30 probably isn't enough so I'd have to stick with it longer. 

Why I originally did this:

To get my sugar cravings under control

To renew my commitment to Paleo 

To overall clean up my diet - reset my system, if you will. 

I told myself I'd post here first and wait a bit and then decide later. 

• Moderators

Don't do it!  The next six days have more value to you than some breakroom junk food don't they?

You value yourself more than that too, I know!  You put in a ton of hard work and made many decisions in the last 24 days to stay on track, don't let one hard day near the end derail you!

Learning not to cave to 'goodies' when you're tired and having a bad day seems like maybe it might be a lesson you're going to learn even tho it wasn't something you thought of when you started Whole 30, so that's a great discovery!

Please value yourself and your health more than whatever is in the breakroom at the moment!

• Moderators

I'm on Day 24 - SO CLOSE - but I am literally in tears trying to fight this sugar craving right now. I travel 50% of time for work, and eating well is so hard. Yes, I know all the techniques, I have a good routine, but the effort is at times exhausting (yes, first world problems). I'm thinking of just calling it quits. I'm tired and in a bad mood. At this point a Whole30 probably isn't enough so I'd have to stick with it longer. 

Why I originally did this:

To get my sugar cravings under control

To renew my commitment to Paleo 

To overall clean up my diet - reset my system, if you will. 

I told myself I'd post here first and wait a bit and then decide later. 

Also... if this is truly the case, then quitting on day 24 is not going to serve you long term!  You'll be so proud of yourself when you get through this moment and know it was a step in the right direction on a really hard day!

The world is full of breakrooms populated with people who don't and won't eat like we need to eat.  We might as well get used to it if we want our health to be a priority.

I recommend serious sucking it up, buttercup...because tomorrow you will be slapping yourself on the back. Paleo is very vague and no one owns that term 'Paleo'.    Whole 30 is simple and specific.   It is nonnegotiable without wiggle room.   It is.  Sooooooo worth it.

Nothing in that break room is WORTH IT.  I can say that will all the confidence in the world because the worlds best foods do not live in office break rooms!!

Grandma's lasagna?  Worth it.

Those special holiday cookies that your best friend makes every year?  Worth it.

Your first bite of your wedding cake with your new husband?  Worth it.

Crap that someone brought in to put in a break room so THEY don't have to see it on the counter at home?  So Not Worth It.

Archived