Substitute coconut milk for Greek yogurt.

Squidgirl

I have a crock poy chicken Korma recipe that I just love only it calls for adding 1/4 of Greek yogurt at the end of the cook time. I'm wondering if I can just add the same amount of coconet milk.

Does anyone have any other substitutions for Greek Yogurt?

How about just leaving it out... at 1/4 cup it doesnt sound like enough to miss

but if you do want to add something a little creamy to it

Hit up Traders Joes for a can of coconut cream instead of milk... it is much much thicker consistency may give you what you are looking for

(but it wont add that slight tang of yogurt)

I add coconut milk all the time in lieu of greek yoghurt for a tandoori recipe I use in my rotation - it's not exactly the same flavour/texture but it's a good substitue. If your coconut milk has separated ditch the water and just use the 'cream'.

I discovered recently that I could drizzle a little coconut milk into chili in place of the sour cream I used to spoon in there. It produces the same basic effect -- adding something cool and creamy to something spicy and tomato-ey. I'm thinking this is the same basic principle.

• Administrators

I discovered recently that I could drizzle a little coconut milk into chili in place of the sour cream I used to spoon in there. It produces the same basic effect -- adding something cool and creamy to something spicy and tomato-ey. I'm thinking this is the same basic principle.

I LOVE you for this!  I have always missed the sour cream in my chili but just cannot tolerate dairy anymore. Thankyouthankyouthankyou!   :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

what a great idea!!

Archived