Linger Long

MeadowLily

digg-in-smiley.gif?1292867582

Delicate health is so very hard.  It shortens lifespans.  It is patently unfair, isn't it.

I could complain about this forever but it doesn't change the fact that those with diabetes don't live/get near as long.  

I wish I knew then what I know now.   I've made overall health and well being a priority.  

I'm sure alcoholics feel the same angst, internal struggles and urges towards rationalization while imagining their life without alcohol,  like for real, for REAL giving it up.

Sugar withdrawal is miserable.  Start a journal and write about your feelings, fears, hopes and general thoughts on just about everything. It is an invaluable tool.    Plus it will keep your hands and mind busy during inevitable rough patches. 

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The entirety of life is huge to contemplate,  especially when you think about play foods, comfort foods and food rewards. digg-in-smiley.gif?1292867582 On a one day at a time basis,  I can do it.

Falling back into bowls of pasta, pizza,digg-in-smiley.gif?1292867582'bread bread'  would make my life a living hail and really, who needs that?  I relate to those who share the same struggles but you have to be ready for a real change.   You cannot force that on anyone.

I ate whole foods without limiting the quantity and this is the strategy I've used to break the thrill eating cycles.  At this point,  I eat all healthy, non-trigger foods.

I honestly think it made all of the difference in the world for me.  Eating whole foods without limiting quantity will prevent you from completely overreaching and totally underachieving.  It is realism and realistic.

Fish, fish, fish.   Fish really helps you reach for Happy Awareness every day.   Fish won't leave you between gung-ho and ho-hum.

In the beginning when cravings were at an all time high.  I had a quantity strategy.   I ate as many leafy greens as I wanted with as many roasted vegetables as I wanted...on top of the leafy greens with as much fish as I wanted with as much fantastic balsamic reduction as I wanted.

Protein and Fat.  STAT.

Wild salmon, tuna, trout.  My fish trifecta standbys.  I do eat other varieties of fish when I can get my hands on it.  

Eating whole foods without limiting quantity.  Some sort of order in this world of so much conflicting food information had to be imposed in my life.

Whole 30 is not the author of confusion.  It gave me order instead of chaos and optimism and joy.  I needed that order more than anything else. I'm taking it with me. 

I pay attention to my own dreams.  Dreams are quite telling.  

June 2014, I used to have nightmares about being morbidly obese.  Our dreams can be quite predictive so we should pay attention to them. There are pizza dreams and there are motivational dreams.

At my heaviest,  I used to dream about running through fields of flowers. I would wake up and wonder if I could ever do this.  I don't know if I was seeing heaven or Ireland...which does look like heaven on earth.

It's almost 1.5 years on and judging by my dreams, that weight releasing was definitely in my future and it is incredible to be able to run anywhere.  

Pay attention to your dreams.  One day you'll be sitting 'pretty'.   They will come true.

I focus on the basics.  I eat well and healthy.   I exercise.

I socialize as much as I can.  I visit with the abundance of loved ones, relatives and friends that I have been given.   They are a separate priority from my virtual life.

I started this Whole 30 process by focusing on taking care of myself in every which way I could.   That's the only way.

I remember the "diet" plates that Grandmaw used to eat.  Burger, cottage cheese, sliced tomatoes and iceberg lettuce.

All in all, it was a better choice than PB n J, fruit roll-ups {sugar rolls with fruit binders}.  She did eat those pre-meal car-mels before her diet plate with a cup of hot black tea. No car-a-mels back then. Carmels.  

When she wasn't looking, the grandkids ate the entire box.  We were all "dieting" with corn syrup and Grandmaw.  coffee-screen-smiley.gif?1292867572

A Paleo Plate.   A revised, updated version and variation on a theme for Maw and Paw restaurants. home-sick-smiley.gif?1292867618They are going by the way of the dodo. Steak, vege and sweet potato.   

Fast food joints should jump on the bandwagon.  Burger not slathered up with any soy or corn oil. hamburgersmile3f-vi-smiley.gif?129286761 Plain burger on the grill.  Vege and salad. Condiments.  

It would go over.  All of the peoplescamp-fire-smiley.gif?1292867563are ready for change.ice-cube-smiley.gif?1292867623

Archived