Whole30 Number Three -- Without Kitchen

GlennR

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DAY 13 (Additional) -

Breaking out in rashes in several places. I'm somewhat allergic to shrimp and nightshades, and I had both tonight (gambas, and the chili had tomatoes and child powder).

CHILI powder. Typo. I haven't resorted to cannibalism.

DAY 14 -

Sleep (min. 8 hours): No

Breakfast: egg muffins (eggs, Andouille sausage, broccoli, mushrooms, onions, black olives), kale and sweet potato hash, raspberries and blackberries drizzled with coconut milk, mug of coffee

Lunch: fried chicken thigh, balsamic slaw (shredded broccoli stems, carrots, and red cabbage, with pecans and raisins)

Dinner: fried tilapia, fried potatoes, roast delicata squash

Walk (min. 20 minutes): Yes

Meditation (min. 20 minutes): Yes

Nov. 9 Cook-up Notes:

Made:

several servings of roast delicate squash

several servings of fried tilapia

two servings of fried potatoes

I wasn't hungry at lunchtime so I ate smaller portions than usual. So of course I was starving long before dinner time.

DAY 15 -

Sleep (min. 8 hours): No

Breakfast: frittata (eggs, Andouille sausage, broccoli, mushrooms, onions, black olives), kale and sweet potato hash, raspberries and blackberries drizzled with coconut milk, mug of coffee

Lunch: chocolate chili topped with onions and black olives, fried potatoes

Mid-afternoon: mug of coffee

Dinner: fried chicken thighs, atchara, roast delicata squash, raspberries and blackberries drizzled with coconut milk

I think I'll have to move the goal posts here and shoot for a consistent 7 hours sleep instead. Even when I give myself all the time and opportunity to go the full 8, my body just keeps stirring awake at the 7 hour mark.

DAY 16 -

Sleep (min. 7 hours): No

Breakfast: egg muffins (eggs, Andouille sausage, broccoli, mushrooms, onions, black olives), kale and sweet potato hash, raspberries and blackberries drizzled with coconut milk, mug of coffee

Late Lunch: fried chicken thigh, gambas, roast delicata squash, roast green beans, mug of coffee

Dinner: smoked salmon egg bake (eggs, salmon, green onions, broccoli), salmon cake (slathered with Tartar sauce), roast green beans, fried plantains

Nov. 11 Cook-up Notes:

Made:

11 salmon cakes

6+ servings of smoked salmon egg bake (eggs, salmon, green onions, broccoli) -- froze two

about 5 servings of fried plantains

5-6 servings of roast green beans

Tartar sauce

Ha, ha. I adjusted my sleep objectives and so of course I ended up binge-watching Netflix last night and fell far short of even the new goal. Sabotage thy name is human.

DAY 17 -

Sleep (min. 7 hours): Yes

Breakfast: smoked salmon egg bake (eggs, salmon, green onions, broccoli), fried plantains, mug of coffee

Lunch: chocolate chili topped with onions and black olives, fried potatoes

Dinner: fried tilapia, kale and sweet potato hash, roast green beans, raspberries and blackberries drizzled with coconut milk

DAY 18 -

Breakfast: frittata (eggs, Andouille sausage, broccoli, mushrooms, onions, black olives), kale and sweet potato hash, raspberries and blackberries drizzled with coconut milk, mug of coffee

Lunch: chocolate chili topped with onions and black olives, plantains

Mid Afternoon: mug of coffee

Dinner: zucchini soup, salmon cakes (slathered with Tartar sauce), roast green beans

Do you use magnesium? Or maybe those blue light blocking glasses if you are around screens before trying to sleep?  

I don't. I wear a beanie at night and pull it to cover my eyes. Pretty nearly total darkness.

It's really not a mystery why I don't get enough sleep. I sometimes end up binge-watching or reading late into the night, which ruins not just that night's sleep but my sleep rhythm for the next couple of days, and I sometimes drink more coffee than I should (and late in the day). Trying to get these under control, but these are lifelong habits. Pernicious.

(At least excess sugar is more or less out of the equation, so that's one stimulant that no longer rules my life.)

DAY 19 -

Sleep (min. 7 hours): Yes

Breakfast: smoked salmon egg bake (eggs, salmon, green onions, broccoli), fried plantains, mug of coffee

Lunch: fried tilapia, roast green beans, kale and sweet potato hash

Afternoon: mug of coffee

Dinner: zucchini soup, salmon cakes (slathered with Tartar sauce), roast delicata squash, raspberries and blackberries drizzled with coconut milk

Nov. 14 Cook-up Notes:

Made:

5 servings of green onion and potato soup

5 servings of roast delicata squash

DAY 20 -

Breakfast: smoked salmon egg bake (eggs, salmon, green onions, broccoli), roast green beans, raspberries and blackberries drizzled with coconut milk, mug of coffee

Lunch: salmon cakes (slathered with Tartar sauce), roast delicata squash, roast broccoli

Late Afternoon: mug of coffee

Dinner: roast lamb, creamy cucumber and onion salad 

Nov. 15 Cook-up Notes:

Made:

4 servings of roast lamb

4 servings of creamy cucumber and onion salad

4-5 servings of roast broccoli

4-5 servings of guinataan (diced yellow yam and taro, slices of saba banana, chopped jackfruits, cooked in coconut milk)

started 4-5 lbs. of pork shoulder a-cooking in the slow cooker for a pork roast

DAY 21 -

Late Breakfast: smoked salmon egg bake (eggs, salmon, green onions, broccoli), fried plantains, mug of coffee

Early Afternoon: mug of coffee

Late Lunch: bowl of green onion and potato soup, slices of roast lamb

Dinner: Italian roast pork, roast delicata squash, roast broccoli, raspberries and blackberries drizzled with coconut milk

DAY 22 -

Breakfast: egg muffins (eggs, Andouille sausage, broccoli, mushrooms, onions, black olives), guinataan (yellow yam, taro, saba banana, and jackfruit cooked in coconut milk), mug of coffee

Lunch: bowl of green onion and potato soup, slices of roast lamb

Mid Afternoon: mug of coffee

Dinner: Italian roast pork, half a bowl of green onion and potato soup, creamy cucumber and onion salad 

DAY 23 -

Breakfast: egg muffins (eggs, Andouille sausage, broccoli, mushrooms, onions, black olives), guinataan (yellow yam, taro, saba banana, and jackfruit cooked in coconut milk), mug of coffee

Lunch: bowl of green onion and potato soup, slices of roast lamb

Early Evening: mug of coffee

Dinner: fried chicken thighs, roast broccoli, roast delicata squash, apple 

DAY 24 -

Breakfast: egg muffins (eggs, Andouille sausage, broccoli, mushrooms, onions, black olives), guinataan (yellow yam, taro, saba banana, and jackfruit cooked in coconut milk), mug of coffee

Lunch: bowl of green onion and potato soup, slices of roast lamb, small apple

Mid Afternoon: mug of coffee

Dinner: fried chicken thighs, roast broccoli, roast delicata squash

DAY 25 -

Lunch: salmon cakes, roast broccoli, roast delicata squash

Late Afternoon: mug of coffee

Dinner: fried chicken thighs, creamy cucumber and onion salad, raspberries and blackberries drizzled with coconut milk

DAY 26 -

Breakfast: sausage and kale frittata, guinataan (yellow yam, taro, saba banana, and jackfruit cooked in coconut milk), small purple yam, mug of coffee

Lunch: prosciutto, kale, and egg muffins, small purple yam, mug of coffee

Dinner: salmon cakes, creamy cucumber and onion salad, small apple

Archived