Whole30 Number Three -- Without Kitchen

GlennR

DAY 27 -

Sleep (min. 7 hours): Yes

Breakfast: sausage and kale frittata, small purple yam, blackberries drizzled in coconut milk, mug of coffee

Lunch: Italian roast pork, cocoa-toasted cauliflower, roast green beans, mug of coffee

Dinner: cottage pie (ground beef and cabbage with mashed potato crust), small apple

Walk (min. 20 minutes): Yes

Meditation (min. 20 minutes): Yes

Nov. 22 Cook-up Notes:

Made:

2 jars of ghee

8 servings of sausage and kale frittatas (froze half)

4 servings of roast green beans

6 servings of cocoa-toasted cauliflower

4 servings of cottage pie (ground beef and cabbage with mashed potato crust)

3-4 servings of fried plantains

The 2 jars of ghee would have been 3 ... except I spilled a third of the frickin' pot as I was about to pour the ghee into jars. Hot, sticky fat on my arms, on the countertop, on the floor, splattered on the fridge and cabinets. Took me a couple of hours to clean up, and the floor was still sticky after all my work. And I lost a jar of ghee!

My arms smell great, though. Like buddah.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DAY 28 -

Sleep (min. 7 hours): Yes

Breakfast: sausage and kale frittata, small purple yam, raspberries and blueberries drizzled in coconut milk, mug of coffee

Lunch: cottage pie (ground beef and cabbage with mashed potato crust), mug of coffee

Dinner: Italian roast pork, roast green beans, fried plantains

Food dream: I took my niece (or maybe my youngest sister?) to get an ice cream and absent-mindedly had an orange soda, derailing my Whole30 and making me instantly sad. And relieved when I woke up.

I guess it's true that all Whole30's are different. I had maybe one food dream between the first two times I did this. This round, I've had maybe four already.

DAY 28 -

Sleep (min. 7 hours): No

Breakfast: sausage and kale frittata, small purple yam, raspberries and blueberries drizzled in coconut milk, mug of coffee

Lunch: cottage pie (ground beef and cabbage with mashed potato crust), mug of coffee

Dinner: Italian roast pork, cocoa-toasted cauliflower, fried plantains

Another food dream! This time it was corn chips. I'm not consciously craving anything right now, but maybe my subconscious begs to differ.

DAY 29 (Additional) -

Late Night Nibble: small handful of mac nuts

DAY 30 -

Sleep (min. 7 hours): No

Breakfast: sausage and kale frittata, small purple yam, mug of coffee

Lunch: cottage pie (ground beef and cabbage with mashed potato crust), raspberries and blueberries drizzled in coconut milk, mug of coffee

Dinner: Italian roast pork, cocoa-toasted cauliflower, fried plantains

And I'm done. They really are different. My first Whole30 was joyous, my second sedate. This one was choppy: strong cravings in the beginning, a little too much caffeine, a little too many late night nibbles, a lot of food dreams. Not the most perfect of Whole30's, but good nonetheless.

Archived