Making 'ingredients' into a 'meal'

Jinnufr

How would you all turn these ingredients into a breakfast meal?

Boneless pork chops

butternut squash

apples

I had wanted to make something where they all baked together.  or melded in a skillet.  But at this point here's what I'll be doing in the morning unless someone intervenes with help! lol

baked squash

pan-cooked pork chop

raw apple

I know there are better ways to do this...  I just can't find them at the moment.  Or think of how to do it.  Can't afford to experiment and take any chances on ruining this meat! (or not having a whole30 meal ready in the morning)   Day1!  :D

Sounds good to me.  I have cooked a sliced apple in the micro with a small amount of added water and lots of cinnamon for 3-4 min, depending on how soft you like your apple.  I cover the apple with a lid for faster cooking.  That would be a nice side for a pork chop and the squash.  Tasty.

Looks good to me! Why do complicated when you can do simple?

Butternut Squash & Apple Soup is also good. Here's a starter recipe: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/butternut-squash-apple-soup-365210. I'd skip the bacon & I'd use homemade bone broth (b/c I can never find a compliant store bought broth). Use some grated apple for garnish instead of the sour cream, or even a dollop of coconut cream.

For future reference I'd have sealed the pork in a pan with some coconut oil* & then set it on top of the (chopped) squash & (sliced) apples in my crock pot, added some cinnamon (ground or bark), some ginger (fresh or ground), some freshly ground nutmeg & some cloves, added about a quarter of a can of coconut milk/cream & cooked on slow overnight.... Yum! In fact I might just do that this weekend!  B)  :P

*if you don't like coconut oil/flavour seal the pork in a generous amount of ghee instead & then add a Tbsp or two of bone broth to the mix to help the squash & apple break down whilst cooking. 

For future reference I'd have sealed the pork in a pan with some coconut oil* & then set it on top of the (chopped) squash & (sliced) apples in my crock pot, added some cinnamon (ground or bark), some ginger (fresh or ground), some freshly ground nutmeg & some cloves, added about a quarter of a can of coconut milk/cream & cooked on slow overnight.... Yum! In fact I might just do that this weekend!  B)  :P

*if you don't like coconut oil/flavour seal the pork in a generous amount of ghee instead & then add a Tbsp or two of bone broth to the mix to help the squash & apple break down whilst cooking. 

It's a good thing you don't have to eat my cooking.   I can only imagine what your eyes would be doing while I was kicking the oven door shut and decorating your plate with tiddlywinks.coffee-screen-smiley.gif?1292867572

Thank you all!!  The first 2 days have been great and I LOVE butternut squash!!!  It's so good!  

Here's my experience so far.

First day I just followed this recipe here and added apples in one pan and not in the other so I could see which I liked: http://www.makewithyourhands.com/2013/01/cinnamon-roasted-butternut-squash.html

and "fried"? up the pork chops in the skillet with CO.  Ate it together and it was fabulous!!  Loved the apples!

Today I just cooked up the chops in the skillet and then sauted the squash, seasoned as before, in the skillet after the meat was done.  

I prefer the roasted method, but skillet worked fine and was still good

Archived