Protein shakes/drinks

photoadele

I recently attended the whole9life workshop and they addressed this briefly...they're really not fans of protein shakes :( While I appreciate the convenience factor, they will never be the same as real food. Melissa and Dallas cited some research they'd read that your body really doesn't process liquid food the same way it does real food. Real food has a system for how it's broken down and used by the body and the process your body uses to digest something like a protein shake is very different, and arguably not a great one.

Is there a specific reason you want a protein shake other than convenience? Sometimes convenience is just a matter of good planning. I've drank a ton of protein shakes in my past and gotta tell you blending them and cleaning the shakers and blenders can sometimes take more time than opening a huge tupperware of shredded slow cooked beef (that I made last night and will eat for the next 3-4 days) and putting it in my mouth or in an insulated lunch container I take to the gym and to work :)

Having the medical issues that I have, just walking on my treadmill or doing Wii fit and iynegar yoga takes a lot out of me. Having the protein shake, I don't bother withe those extra special mixers, makes it a fit for me. I can put frozen fruit in them and get what I need afterwards. Plus I'm a pro photographer and I freelance for newspapers, so often I'm on the road.

I take nuts and fresh fruit, like apples with me, but I need the extra for my fatigue and other issues associated with MS and FMS.

Archived