Caveman Fuel Coffee Creamer?

brent83

Zoomed in on the picture, but couldn't make out all the ingredients. The ones I could read - coconut oil, corn syrup solids, calcium phosphate and some other random chemicals that I couldn't read clearly.

Based on the corn syrup solids alone, my guess is this stuff wouldn't be kosher for the Whole30.

• Moderators

This fails on two levels. First, it is a highly processed substitute for real food and second, it is full of ingredients you are supposed to avoid during a Whole30. They call it Caveman, but it has nothing to do with history and everything to do with a modern man making a buck.

[rant begins] By the way, go back and read the guidelines about Paleofying your old diet. Stop looking for ways to keep eating the way you always have because that will only get you what you've always gotten. Start eating real food... meat, greens, root veggies, drink some water, or for heaven's sake, drink your coffee black... [rant now finished]

As someone who simply CANNOT drink black coffee, let me personally recommend canned coconut milk (not that crap in the cardboard box in the refrigerated section). Double check the ingredients of course, but there should be nothing more than coconut milk, water and maybe guar gum (which is allowed) in there. Honestly, doesn't taste coconutty at all when added to coffee, and is so creamy you will flip!

Also, try cold brewing your coffee. It takes the bitterness out. I'm on day 9 of black coffee and already trying to figure out what to do when I travel (and that's not till Thanksgiving!). Before going paleo, I used about 3 heaping teaspoons of sugar and half and half. After paleo, went to just half and half and dreamed of sugar in it. Now, I'm just black and for the first time, not really missing the cream or sugar. Good luck.

Yea, because Ireland has the best freaking milk EVER.... who needs creamer?! I used to be a milk in my coffee gal, and thought I would die without it. I started cold brewing my coffee and will never look back (I tried coconut milk, and even did homemade almond milk, neither were good to me). I mix 1 cup of coarsly ground French Roast in a large mason jar (not the standard size, but the big one that holds 8 cups) and fill with water. Let it sit over night, strain and then use it like a concentrate: 1/3 cup of coffee warmed up with 2/3 cup of hot water. No bitterness, just the best coffee you will ever have drank. It took me less than three days to be completely converted!

Archived