nutritional guide vs ingredient list

Helena61

I am on day 7 of my first whole 30. Its been a difficult 7 days but I got here. But, first tonight I accidently ate rice! Wasn't thinking and just talking with company and dished it up with the chicken dish and ate it not realizing it until about an hour ago. I am beyond upset. Then I remember wanting to recheck the ingredients on the jar of speghetti sauce I used yesterday because it tasted sweet. I checked the ingredients in the store and read it over and over again. No sugar! It is PC brand organics. But when I look at the nutritional guide is says sugar 6grams. I don't understand. If there is no sugar anywhere in the ingredients list how can this be?  Can someone please help me here. i am already upset that I now have to start over but now I am confused over the ingredients on other items. Thank you

Hi Helena. I looked online and if you were having the regular pasta sauce from PC Organics, it looks compliant to me. The sugar on the label is probably naturally occurring sugars from the tomatoes and the carrots. That's totally fine.

Sorry to hear about the rice! I know it's distressing after getting through 7 whole days. If you are having difficulty, you might want to post a few days worth of meals on the Troubleshooting board and the moderators can give you some tips that might make the next week easier.

And even though you're starting over on your official Whole30, it doesn't negate the 7 days of very healthy eating you've already got under your belt.

Archived