Michele's Post-Whole30 Log

Michele West

Day 31! Whoop! 

A quick background - I first heard of and attempted my first Whole 30 in January of 2013; I did not finish. I gave up around day 20. I tried again in 2014; same story. This time I was determined and I finally did it. Feels great!

I plan on following the reintroduction plan laid out in the book to get a general idea of what agrees with me and what doesn't. I had allergy testing done several years back and it showed a sensitivity to gluten and dairy. I would like to know if that is something that is still an issue for me. I wasn't ready to give up either, but I feel like it's much more doable at this stage of my life.

Day 31:

M1 - Sweet Potato, Bell Pepper, Onion & Chicken Sausage Hash sauteed in Ghee with 1 Fried Egg & a Clementine

M2 - Coconut/Almond Flour Chicken Tenders with Brussels Sprouts & a side of Mayo mixed with Spicy Brown Mustard for dipping

M3 - Ground Turkey/Sundried Tomato Basil Chicken Sausage Tomato Sauce with Zoodles, Salad with Mayo Dressing & Red Wine

Hey Michele....we made it!  You can read my last post on our other forum page.  Sounds like you have a great plan for reintro!  Since I've done something similar before and I know how my body tolerates things, my reintro is a little more loose-not as tight as yours.  

I did have a little creamer in my coffee today, though and it was yucky!  I need to find a good alternative that is NOT coconut milk!

I'm thinking I'm going to start with dairy and black beans sometime this week.  Not really interested in bread, cake, cookies, pasta, or rice.

Hey Michele....we made it!  You can read my last post on our other forum page.  Sounds like you have a great plan for reintro!  Since I've done something similar before and I know how my body tolerates things, my reintro is a little more loose-not as tight as yours.  

I did have a little creamer in my coffee today, though and it was yucky!  I need to find a good alternative that is NOT coconut milk!

I'm thinking I'm going to start with dairy and black beans sometime this week.  Not really interested in bread, cake, cookies, pasta, or rice.

Hi Robin! 

Have you tried the canned coconut milk in your coffee and blended with an immersion blender? I love it! If you do tolerate dairy maybe you could use organic full fat 1/2 & 1/2 with maple syrup (I used to do that before W30) or try making a paleo creamer with dates?

I enjoyed my wine last night! I was able to stop at two glasses when normally I would have a bottle. It didn't impact my sleep, but I felt a bit congested this morning and I had a headache. I love my wine, so if this is how I feel when I drink it, I'm going to be sad;)

I really enjoyed my two glasses on wine last night! It was a small victory that I stopped at two;) I did feel congested this morning and I have a slight headache. I'm hoping it's the weather, but I bet it's the sulfites in the wine......After a little research in the forum I did conclude that I now need two W30 days before reintroducing anything else.

Here's my plan for Day 32:

M1 - Sweet Potato, Bell Pepper, Shallot & Chicken Sausage Hash sauteed in Ghee with 1 Fried Egg. Banana and Almond Butter.

M2 - Almond/Coconut Flour Chicken Tender BLAT Salad with Red Wine Vinegar & EVOO

M3 - Cashew Chicken Stir-Fry with Cauliflower Rice

I have used the canned coconut milk but not with an immersion blender.  I have my one and only cup of coffee at work in the morning so it might be difficult to do.  I think I have a slight dairy intolerance but it's usually when I eat it in large amounts like a bowl of ice cream or something with lots of cheese.  Maybe I'll try the 1/2 & 1/2 and honey or syrup to sweeten.

My day 31:

M1:  frittata with potatoes, mushrooms, onions, peppers and bacon (OK so I had bacon on my first day....not sure which reintro category this falls in but I've been missing it.  Coffee with creamer.

M2:  Cabbage roll casserole, assorted fruit, assorted raw veggies.  My wonderful co-workers made me a fully compliant lunch for my birthday celebration (we usually have cake--I told them NO CAKE!)

M3:  Salad with leftover london broil, sauteed mushrooms,onions,peppers and tomatoes with balsamic oil and vinegar.

Day 33

It appears the wine may have been the cause of the congestion and headache that I experienced yesterday morning. I woke up today without either symptom. This makes me sad, but I'm not surprised;) I was able to stay strong and not join my Mom (who's in town visiting) in what is normally OUR daily happy hour. I'm finding that it's during a certain time of the day, usually between 4 and making dinner that I want a glass of wine the most. Once I get past that time, the desire for it goes away.

I'm finding myself wanting to get on the scale every day now! I need to curb that habit. I managed to avoid it during my entire Whole 30 and I want to keep that up.

It occurs to me that I never listed my NSV's! This will be a good reminder when I have the urge to fall back into my old ways.

1. My skin! It's so clear and dare I say glowing!

2. No heartburn! I had completely forgotten about how badly I was suffering from this until someone else mentioned it in their NSV's.

3. Generally a more positive outlook. I feel good! Food/drink is no longer controlling me.

These are some of the most noticeable, but I could go on and on.....it really can be life changing.

Here is my plan for today:

M1 - Sweet Potato, Bell Pepper, Shallot & Chicken Sausage Hash sauteed in Ghee with a Fried Egg

M2 - Out For Lunch

M3 - Leftovers; Either Chicken Cashew Stir Fry over Cauli Rice or Zoodles with Bolognese Sauce

Day 34 - Today I'm reintroducing GF foods. We'll see how that goes......

M1: Overnight GF Oats (Almond Milk, Oats, Chia Seeds & Almond Butter) Topped with a little more almond milk and 1/2 a banana. Sauteed Chicken Sausage, Bell Pepper & Zucchini Noodles.

M2: Leftover Cashew Chicken Stir Fry & Brown Rice.

M3: Turkey Taco's with Corn Tortillas.

*I only ate about 1/2 of the overnight oats. They were just ok......

GF day was successful! The overnight oats were just ok....I think if I'd warmed them up they may have been better. I also noticed that I was very hungry much earlier than I have been even though I added in some veggies and protein. The oats pushed my normal serving size aside. I skipped brown rice with my lunch. I realized it's not GF and I don't even miss having it, so I ate my stir-fry with zucchini noodles. Now, dinner was a different story. The corn tortillas were delicious. It doesn't appear that I had an adverse reaction, but I'll be seeing how I feel the next few days and determine if they gain a place back.

Day 35 - 

M1: Potato, Bell Pepper, Zucchini & Chicken Sausage Hash with a Fried Egg

M2: Leftover Stir Fry

M3: Leftover Taco's! No tortillas today:(

Michele, I'm impressed with your commitment to reintroduction.  I have not been so successful.  My approach has been a little different.  I am still eating whole 30 but have introduced things as I've missed them.  I realize the whole point of reintro the whole30 way is to see how food affects you.  I don't know why I haven't been able to accomplish this.....just being honest.

So....Friday night I had pizza.  I wanted pizza.....we ordered pizza.....I ate pizza.  I stayed away from the regular crust (which I love) and opted for the thin crust variety.  I was expecting major issues on Saturday but surprisingly had none.  I've also been having a splash of creamer in my coffee each morning and has seemed to tolerate it well.  I use coffeemate bliss which is just milk, sugar, cream and natural vanilla flavor.  I figure it's better than the artificial stuff.  And I had a cookie on Saturday....just 1....which is a victory for me!  

This morning I had 2 scrambled eggs and bacon but am feeling a little nauseous.....not sure why but maybe my body is telling me something! Time to go back to the eggs and sweet potato hash.   This is today:

M1:  2 scrambled eggs, bacon, coffee with splash of creamer

M2:  leftover chili with ground beef, black beans, and rotel with a side of sliced cucs and tomatoes

M3:  Pasta sauce with chicken meatballs....not sure what I'm going to sub for pasta (maybe a load of roasted veggies) because I really don't want to go there yet and a side salad

I've also experienced something that I have had happen before on my previous no-carb elminations.  A decreased appetite.  I find myself having to really force food in.....and not being able to finish a full meal.  I seem to get really full and food doesn't hold much appeal.  I guess my mind is changing the way it's thinking about food...it's fuel...which is a good thing!  But I don't want to end up starving myself.

Hope you have a great week!

Michele, I'm impressed with your commitment to reintroduction.  I have not been so successful.  My approach has been a little different.  I am still eating whole 30 but have introduced things as I've missed them.  I realize the whole point of reintro the whole30 way is to see how food affects you.  I don't know why I haven't been able to accomplish this.....just being honest.

So....Friday night I had pizza.  I wanted pizza.....we ordered pizza.....I ate pizza.  I stayed away from the regular crust (which I love) and opted for the thin crust variety.  I was expecting major issues on Saturday but surprisingly had none.  I've also been having a splash of creamer in my coffee each morning and has seemed to tolerate it well.  I use coffeemate bliss which is just milk, sugar, cream and natural vanilla flavor.  I figure it's better than the artificial stuff.  And I had a cookie on Saturday....just 1....which is a victory for me!  

This morning I had 2 scrambled eggs and bacon but am feeling a little nauseous.....not sure why but maybe my body is telling me something! Time to go back to the eggs and sweet potato hash.   This is today:

M1:  2 scrambled eggs, bacon, coffee with splash of creamer

M2:  leftover chili with ground beef, black beans, and rotel with a side of sliced cucs and tomatoes

M3:  Pasta sauce with chicken meatballs....not sure what I'm going to sub for pasta (maybe a load of roasted veggies) because I really don't want to go there yet and a side salad

I've also experienced something that I have had happen before on my previous no-carb elminations.  A decreased appetite.  I find myself having to really force food in.....and not being able to finish a full meal.  I seem to get really full and food doesn't hold much appeal.  I guess my mind is changing the way it's thinking about food...it's fuel...which is a good thing!  But I don't want to end up starving myself.

Hope you have a great week!

Try not to beat yourself up over eating pizza! You were off W30, so it's OK! At least you paid attention to how you felt and you can decide if you want to go forward with eating it in the future. Sticking with just one cookie is great! A huge victory!

I haven't posted in the last few days! It's time to catch back up!

I've had success in resisting the sweets that have been in my house since Halloween and my daughters birthday, but I did have a close call with the Halloween candy last night....I grabbed three of my favorite pieces and took them into my bedroom to snack on before bed. I let them sit on my nightstand for awhile and thought if I really, really wanted them. I managed to just turn out the light and go to sleep. It's definitely a small success. Now I need to figure out how to bribe my daughter to get all the candy out of the house. She hasn't even asked for it since Halloween night!

I have been far from perfect during reintro...technically I shouldn't be having wine while introducing other foods, but it's too late now;) I've also had a few meals out and while I've tried to make them compliant with my reintro, I certainly haven't gone over every single ingredient with the server. While my Mom was in town we went out for a meal that included clam chowder. I only ate about 1/4 of the mug along with a spinach salad that contained some blue cheese. I felt extremely full afterward and dealt with nausea later in the day. I'm thinking it's from the dairy? Although I'm not 100% sure. I felt better after I ate a dinner meal of roast chicken, brussels sprout and butternut squash.

Today's Meals:

M1 - Sweet Potato, Bell Pepper, Zucchini & Chicken Sausage Hash with Fruit Salad

M2 - I need to get creative as I'm out of almost everything! Time to meal plan & get to the store....

M3 - Leftover Turkey Taco's

Hi Michele!  

Whole 30 is easy....I find the hard part comes after.   Making the best choices takes discipline.  There are some people who live their lives in a very disciplined way and others who don't.  I fall into the "don't" category.  So it takes tremendous effort to stop at 1 or 2 pieces of pizza or 1 cookie.  But I am determined this time to change.  Change is hard....we can have all the tools we need to change....but if we don't determine to change we won't succeed!

I don't feel bad about eating pizza....it was a conscious decision to do so.  I have to learn to live in the real world and my real world includes pizza and all the wonderful treats I've enjoyed my whole life.  I just have to decide when it's worth it and when it's not.  I can't agonize over eating sugar or eating out or eating off plan once in a while.  Whole 30 has taught me the importance of what goes in my body...to steer clear of all the junk that is in processed food, to chose lean meat and fresh veggies over pasta and rice because it's a better option, and to listen to my body and adjust my diet accordingly.  I hope and pray to be able to make this a lifelong change.

It looks to me that you have done very well with your reintro.  And YAY to you for resisting the candy!  I had a small piece of a baguette with my chicken meatballs and roasted veggies last night and so far so good.  I have a small headache but have been suffering the past couple of weeks with sinus issues due to the change in the weather....so it's hard to know!  My weight loss has stalled a bit...not sure why as I've been eating mostly on plan with a few small indulgences here and there.  Maybe it's just a plateau week!

Hi Michele and Robin!

Was thinking about starting my own post W30 log but wanted to check in with you all as I feel like we had this journey together. I hope you're both feeling well and having success with reintroduction.

I have had a tricky past 3 days and am feeling a little down about it...not totally down, but a little deflated. I started my period on Tuesday and had some serious chocolate cravings. Since we're done with W30, I figured why not let myself have some Enjoy Life chocolate chips. They're non dairy and non a bunch of other stuff...they seem safe enough. Well, after lunch the past 3 days now, I've totally binged on them and just couldn't stop. I ate so many on Tuesday that I felt not good enough to even eat dinner. It doesn't make sense to me that for over 30 days I was so disciplined, and now that I'm not following as strict of rules that I have given in a bit and I lost some control.

I am going to a wedding this weekend with my husband. I have reintroduced most food groups except for gluten grains. I am planning to wait until next week to do those. So, I figured I could be a little more lenient this weekend and start again next week. I think I let that thinking allow me to start that leniency too early. 

It's strange because I can eat breakfast and be disciplined to not snack or eat anything else until lunch. After lunch, though, is a different story. I can't seem to stop eating...it's been that way for a long time. During W30 I was able to make some tea and not have anything to eat until at least when my girls got home from school. Then I would have some small snack with them. But now I'm scared I've fallen back into old habits. My son naps and I go searching the pantry for "something" and then feel bad about it and feel sick from eating something I shouldn't have.

Sorry for the venting. I just had to get that off my chest. Maybe the actual admitting it will get me to figure out why I do that. I've broken the wanting something after dinner and I know I can break the lunch thing too. I just have to have nothing tempting in the house and keep myself as busy as I can.

Am still going to give myself some wiggle room this weekend (maybe a glass or two of wine and some cheese or whatever may look good) and start again with a mini W5 or something on Monday. 

Robin, you are so right that the hard part comes after!! Hope you both are doing well. -Liz

Hey Liz!  I kinda hijacked Michele's post log....haha hope she doesn't mind.  I noticed a lot of people just use their log to post their progress but I think it's nice to have people to give you feedback, have support, and bounce things off of.

I am totally with you!  I decided to have a spoonful of ice cream the other night....ended up standing at the sink with a spoon and the ice cream just shoveling away!  I should have just put it in a bowl!  I've been doing pretty well otherwise.  Don't want to really do another strict whole30 because of the holidays coming up.....just want to be able to not completely fall off the wagon!

This weekend I have a co-worker's daughter's quinceanera to go to.  Lots of food!  Gonna try to limit myself.  Otherwise I'm going to stay compliant with my other meals.  I think that's the ticket......even though we might indulge here and there, the important thing is that we go back to being compliant. That's the way I look at it anyway.  Give yourself permission to enjoy something you really, really want and then tell yourself "ok it's time go back to doing what I know works".  

I'm a little dejected because the scale has not been moving lately.  In fact, it's been inching up and then inching down.  I know that it's not the only important thing but I really need to drop about 15 more lbs.  Starting an exercise routine is in my future probably starting in January.

Today:

M1:  sweet potato hash and a couple pieces of bacon (ran out of eggs)

M2:  chili, small salad with tomatoes and cucumbers and oil and vinegar dressing, 1/2 an apple with almond butter

M3:  No clue....haha

Hi Ladies!

I'm glad that you are both posting here! The support is great and certainly keeps me motivated. 

Liz - I opened my bag of Enjoy Life chips on Saturday! I filled a small ramekin, ate them and didn't feel so hot after. I haven't gotten back in the bag, but I think it's the sick feeling I had that's keeping me away. Now, wine is a different story! I'm back to a glass every night. On the one hand I'm keeping it in check and not downing a bottle, BUT it's a habit that I really was hoping to overcome. So, that being said I need to come up with a strategy of some kind. Enjoy yourself at the wedding! And your wine and cheese (my fave by the way).

Robin - I think that's the ticket......even though we might indulge here and there, the important thing is that we go back to being compliantYou hit the nail on the head! If and when I do indulge (I really haven't gone too far off plan yet aside from wine) I have no problem going right back to eating a compliant meal. That's never happened before. I'm also finding that I'm sticking to the W30 template when going out to eat although there is probably hidden ingredients lurking about. I desperately need to get back to working out. I keep making excuses......I know it's the only way i'll hit my goal.

So, I'm still feeling pretty good. I've stayed mostly W30 compliant with the occasional sprinkle of cheese (doesn't seem to affect me) and I did make myself a Naan pizza on Wednesday night. I enjoyed every tasty bite without any side effects. I don't plan on adding it back to my diet on a regular basis , but it's nice to know that I can have pizza night with my daughter occasionally. 

Today: 

M1 - Sweet Potato, Bell Pepper, Zucchini Hash with Two Slices of Bacon & Two Fried Eggs

M2 - Leftover Salmon Salad (Cold Salmon with Homemade Mayo, Red Onion & Capers) over Greens with Cucumbers & Grape Tomatoes tossed in EVOO and Red Wine Vinegar - So delicious!!!!!

M3 - Out For Dinner

Robin - so funny...I have been there with the carton of ice cream and a spoon. So good going in, but so bad later. I know exactly how you feel!! I think if we do those things, we should at least try to enjoy them cause feeling guilty while doing it just defeats the purpose of indulging once in a while. I never thought I'd still be as compliant as I've been this long after and I think that's a victory in itself. It's a new way of life. We're all going to make mistakes and just have to move forward. I agree with you about allowing some indulgences but mostly remaining compliant. Don't worry about the scale; it will happen for you. Just think how bad the scale would be if you hadn't implemented some of this new way of living before the holidays. The scale would look a lot worse if you hadn't been doing W30 during Halloween for instance (at least for me it would lol). I didn't even have one piece of candy, which is a miracle since I usually go right for the peanut butter cups!!

Michele - thanks for letting us hijack your log! :) It is nice to have some feedback and go through all this with others. You're right about the sick feeling keeping me away too. I haven't even gone close to that bag today...and won't cause I feel sick even thinking of them. I think that's how I've been able to stay away from drinking too. I couldn't have just one glass of wine and so before W30 it would go from saying I'd have just one or two to actually having 3 or more and then feeling awful (not all the time but enough). The first time I had wine after completing W30, I had 3 large glasses and felt not so hot the next day. Since then I've only drank on 2 other occasions. I just feel so much better in the morning and it has helped motivate me to not drink. I also exercise most mornings at 6 am, so that motivates me to not drink too. Tomorrow night is a different story, but I'm hoping I can keep it to 2 as I don't want to waste a Sunday feeling hungover. If I could only have one glass like you do, I think I would do it more often. They say one glass has some health benefits.

Do either of you live in an area where they offer group exercise classes? That's what I do most mornings and I have gotten to know the group who goes. It gives me some accountability for getting my butt out of bed in the morning. Also if I don't get my workout in first thing in the morning, it usually won't happen later in the day. It's just something I know about myself.

Good luck at the quinceanera, Robin! Hope you both have a great weekend!! -Liz

Good Morning!

Liz - Am still going to give myself some wiggle room this weekend (maybe a glass or two of wine and some cheese or whatever may look good) and start again with a mini W5 or something on Monday.  I'm in for a mini W5 or W7! In fact, I'm going to start today. I had an unfortunate incident with Halloween candy last night:( Oh, and wine! Thankfully, I don't feel too terrible right now, but it shows me that I still haven't conquered my sugar dragon.

Do either of you live in an area where they offer group exercise classes? That's what I do most mornings and I have gotten to know the group who goes. It gives me some accountability for getting my butt out of bed in the morning. Also if I don't get my workout in first thing in the morning, it usually won't happen later in the day. It's just something I know about myself. I belong to a gym that does offer classes, it's just a matter of making myself get ready and like you go first thing or I won't go. I really do love to work out and I feel so much better when I get into a routine. I always seem to find an excuse even though I have the time. The only downside is they don't offer childcare, so when my daughter is off school I can't go. My husband is currently deployed, so it's not even an option to go really early or after he gets home. I've been thinking of some alternatives, like maybe switching off with a friend or even paying the money for a drop in service, so I can go at least 3x per week. There happens to be one right next door to the gym...I guess there really is no good reason why I can't go;) 

Robin - I hope you enjoyed the quinceanera!

I refuse to let my inhaling of my daughter's Halloween candy get the best of me. It's back to W30 compliant for the next 5 days or maybe even longer. I'm contemplating up until the day before Thanksgiving. I had all compliant meals planned, so it shouldn't be too hard. AND I want to get back to the gym. Tomorrow morning! No more excuses!

M1 - Sweet Potato, Bell Pepper, Zucchini and Chicken Sausage Hash with a Fried Egg and Cantaloupe

M2 - Leftover Turkey Burger with Sauteed Onions, Avocado, Tomato, Butter Lettuce and Asparagus

M3 - Something with Chicken Thighs. I was going to make Coq Au Vin, but I don't want wine, so time to peruse my W30 Pinterest board

Good morning! Thought of you both this weekend and this morning at the gym :) Oh no to that darn Halloween candy!!! I'm with you for a W5 but not sure about longer than that for being completely compliant. After the 5 days, I'll try to stay mostly compliant with some exceptions. In addition to the W5 this week, I'm also keeping it strictly low FODMAP and no nut butters (this will be tough for me).

This weekend was pretty good. Of course I had a few drinks Saturday night but nothing too terrible. The food at the wedding wasn't actually fantastic so other than 2 pieces of cheese during cocktail hour, I only ate the steak and chicken during dinner (the pasta and risotto didn't even look appetizing so that was pretty easy). The problem came once we got back to the hotel. My husband pretty much ate what I ate and we were both starving by 9 pm (the drinks don't help with that feeling of wanting to eat at the end of the night). So, we splurged on a cheese pizza. It was terrible but soooo good at the same time hahaha. I also had some kettle corn and dark chocolate...both of which were actually really low on sugar. I had made good choices with these earlier in the day knowing I'd want some sort of treat at the end of the night. It could have been a lot worse.

Luckily the next day I didn't feel too awful but not great either. I wasn't compliant yesterday, so my W5 started this morning after power hour.

My worry is this afternoon after lunch and really wanting some peanut butter or something. We'll see how it goes...

Happy Monday morning!!  My weekend went well!

The quinceanera was very nice.  The food was just so so.  There was really nothing at all compliant except maybe some pulled pork so indulged I had a little bit of everything.  The thing I enjoyed the most was the salad with croutons and Ken's Italian Dressing LOL!  I had one frothy fun drink that had sweetened condensed milk, tequila, and grenadine, with crushed ice.  I don't really drink but decided to try it because it sounded good....it was very light on the alcohol.  The next day I woke up sluggish and headachy in part due to the fact that I was out late (I'm usually in bed by 9:00!).  Got back on the train yesterday and had a pretty much compliant day with the exception of some brown rice at dinner which really did nothing for me.  I'm finding it easier to get back on track these days as long as I don't indulge too much.  

Michele, I work for the school system and they offer fitness classes (about 40 different ones) around the county at various times in various places.  They are taught by fitness professionals and they are offered at a huge discount to the employees.  I have participated in many, many different ones over the past several years but have not been active in them for a while now.  I think after the holidays I will have to get back into one of the classes.  I'm feeling good about my weight loss (even though the scale is still stuck :( but really need to tone up and get strong again.

Liz, sometimes you just have to splurge and have pizza!!  Enjoy it when you do!

Today's meals:

M1:  2 fried eggs with roasted potatoes

M2:  leftover pork chop with green beans and 1/2 an apple with almond butter

M3:  Tomato basil soup (new recipe I'm excited to try) with probably a salad...not sure yet.

I have really turned the corner with food.  I eat to live NOT live to eat anymore.  It doesn't really occupy my every waking moment like it used to.  I get excited about trying new recipes but I'm not all about food.  I don't even find myself getting very hungry with the exception of the occasional craving if I eat off plan.  It's really a wonderful feeling!

Have a happy week!

So....I have to tell you guys something funny.  At least I thought it was funny LOL!  A few weeks ago I posted on our first forum how my libido has shot through the roof!  So......after work yesterday I stopped at the store to pick up a few things for dinner.....my son wanted fried chicken from our local grocery store. Now....fried chicken is my absolute favorite thing to eat on the planet....seriously!  As I was preparing dinner (hubby was in the kitchen with me), my son was cutting up his chicken to put on a salad.  I took a very small piece of the delicious crispy fried skin and popped it into my mouth.....I groaned and my eyes rolled back in my head.  My husband started to crack up!  He said "Robin....I'VE become your fried chicken and your ice cream and your cake!" He said, not that I'm complaining or anything but it seems like I've been your substitute for food.  I thought I would die laughing!  He is so right!  #hugesurpriseNSV

Oh my goodness, that is hysterical!! I won't be sharing that info with my hubby as he would be so jealous and wondering why I didn't get that particular NSV!! :) I wish I did too. Oh well, maybe on my next one ;)

I had a horrible last 2 days (I mean, not ice cream every meal horrible but definitely not compliant) and have decided to put my little W5 on hold. I have to take a minute, be proud of doing the W30 and staying compliant while reintroducing and see where my new normal is now. I can't keep 100% compliant right now and keep slipping up. I've decided instead of continuing to get mad at myself, that I will stop trying to be compliant and just make the healthiest choices I can make for now and maybe do another W30 in the future if that's what I feel is right.

I hope you're both doing well. Robin - I'm so glad you shared that story with us...definitely got a good chuckle :)

• 2 months later...

Archived