November 2015 reintros

JenHZ

This is a continuation of the starting W30 October 1 thread and open to all those starting reintroductions in November 2015

In! thanks JenHZ

I eagerly await hearing of your reintro progress and talking about mine. 

What's funny is that I have been talking about this so much with a few of my friends, that they are now thinking about starting up right after the holidays. Has that happened to you? I'm probably going to do another w30 with them.

Hey everyone! Today is my first day of reintroducing. I tried some lentils in a soup at lunch and so far so good! Not very exciting but I thoroughly enjoyed it! My plan is to take it slowly. I'm realising I'm hesitant to introduce some foods or moving too quickly as I'm feeling pretty good and don't want to lose the benefits of my W30. I hope to successfully add a few things over the next few weeks to give a little more variety and help share food with my family and eat out a little easier. Interested to see how the rest of you are feeling about reintroduction and strategies! 

Hi all.

I had the Lara bar with vanilla extract no problem.  I am having steak with reduced no sulphite added wine now.  I will have rum after dinner and report back in the morning.

I lost 5 pounds on the whole 30.  I really appreciated not having blood sugar crashes.  My knee and ankle joints are feeling better.

I think I am sleeping differently but not really better.  But I was sleeping fine before.  I'm in menopause too.

I just got my cholesterol tested today so no numbers yet.

My patience and stress have not improved as much as I hoped but overall I am more patient.

I've actually gotten less exercise due to more time cooking so don't' see improvements there.

I improved already decent cooking skills to the point my spouse commented on  that.  I tried new  foods, many of which I liked especially turnips and rutabagas. 

I got even better at planning meals.

My spouse has agreed to do more of the cooking so we can keep eating like this and came up with a plan on how to do that, will cook at night as stays up anyway.

I still need to work on:

Eating vegetables, try new ones, and don't skimp at afternoon "snack" time.

figuring out how to eat out.

getting back to exercising

figuring out ways to handle stress   - most ideas for dissipating stress take time and not having time is a big stress.  that is why food as stress relief is so tempting it is quick and you have to take some time to eat anyway.

I thing I am amazed by is how well I got along without diet Coke.  I did drink lots of fizzy water.

weecairnsy good you are being thoughtful about what you will reintro

burgards my friends all think I am crazy but they love me anyway

I probably won't do a strict Whole 30 till early/mid March

In! thanks JenHZ - Agreed!

I eagerly await hearing of your reintro progress and talking about mine.    :D

What's funny is that I have been talking about this so much with a few of my friends, that they are now thinking about starting up right after the holidays. Has that happened to you? YUP!  I'm probably going to do another w30 with them.

Hello everyone!  I am writing this on the eve of day W31 - AKA - Reintro... Yay me & all of you!!

So I am anxious to get on the scale in the morning, I know that isn't what W30 is all about but it is one of the big reasons I decided to do it.  I was looking for a "cleanse" or program to break some bad habits & to be honest.. drop a few pounds.  I found Whole30 & started the very next day.

I enjoyed the program & like you burgards I have talked about it with a bunch of people.  I really want my husband to do it to see if it helps his asthma but so far he hasn't shown much interest in giving up his Coors Light 2-3 times per week during Football Season.  lol

I believe that the program has given me more energy, reduced some of the inflammation in a few joints & I do feel leaner.  This WOE just feels right..... after trying so many others.  So now I am a bit apprehensive about re-intro but more importantly moving forward.  I am GREAT at following black & white "rules".  I can do anything for 30 days.  It is the gray areas that get me in trouble so that is why I am nervous.

First off, I don't have a full 10 days for the re-intro schedule.  I discovered on about day 20 that my company Cruise takes me to Ft. Lauderdale beach on re-intro day 6.  I don't plan to go nuts on the ship, however I do want to enjoy & not overly think it.  Of course introducing cocktails will be on the menu.  So here's my plan.  I plan to re-intro non-gluten grains tomorrow, oatmeal for breakfast, sushi with white rice for lunch & add some corn tortilla chips to dinner while keeping the rest W30.  I plan to take 1 day W30 between each re-intro day instead of 2, skipping legumes all together for now because I don't miss them.  I will come back to them after I return & have a few weeks W30 under my belt.  I know this isn't ideal but gonna do my best.  Wish I could take it slow like weecainsy plans to do!

JenHZ i also started strong with exercise but it dwindled down a bunch & I was just thinking today its because of all the time it takes to cook!  I also struggled with eating before working out as I always did it on an empty stomach before & it wasn't feeling right.  Thanks for starting the thread JenHZ!

Hi all.

I had the Lara bar with vanilla extract no problem.  I am having steak with reduced no sulphite added wine now.  I will have rum after dinner and report back in the morning.

I lost 5 pounds on the whole 30.  I really appreciated not having blood sugar crashes.  My knee and ankle joints are feeling better.

I think I am sleeping differently but not really better.  But I was sleeping fine before.  I'm in menopause too.

I just got my cholesterol tested today so no numbers yet.

My patience and stress have not improved as much as I hoped but overall I am more patient.

I've actually gotten less exercise due to more time cooking so don't' see improvements there.

I improved already decent cooking skills to the point my spouse commented on  that.  I tried new  foods, many of which I liked especially turnips and rutabagas. 

I got even better at planning meals.

My spouse has agreed to do more of the cooking so we can keep eating like this and came up with a plan on how to do that, will cook at night as stays up anyway.

I still need to work on:

Eating vegetables, try new ones, and don't skimp at afternoon "snack" time.

figuring out how to eat out.

getting back to exercising

figuring out ways to handle stress   - most ideas for dissipating stress take time and not having time is a big stress.  that is why food as stress relief is so tempting it is quick and you have to take some time to eat anyway.

I thing I am amazed by is how well I got along without diet Coke.  I did drink lots of fizzy water.

weecairnsy good you are being thoughtful about what you will reintro

burgards my friends all think I am crazy but they love me anyway

I probably won't do a strict Whole 30 till early/mid March

JenHZ, sounds like you have magical powers if you can get your spouse to not only JOIN you on this crazy wonderful path, but also DO A LOT OF THE COOKING.

JenHZ for president!

Also, super great perspective, NSVs (the no sugar crash thing is *priceless*) and SV too!

Hello everyone!  I am writing this on the eve of day W31 - AKA - Reintro... Yay me & all of you!!

So I am anxious to get on the scale in the morning, I know that isn't what W30 is all about but it is one of the big reasons I decided to do it.  I was looking for a "cleanse" or program to break some bad habits & to be honest.. drop a few pounds.  I found Whole30 & started the very next day.

I enjoyed the program & like you burgards I have talked about it with a bunch of people.  I really want my husband to do it to see if it helps his asthma but so far he hasn't shown much interest in giving up his Coors Light 2-3 times per week during Football Season.  lol

I believe that the program has given me more energy, reduced some of the inflammation in a few joints & I do feel leaner.  This WOE just feels right..... after trying so many others.  So now I am a bit apprehensive about re-intro but more importantly moving forward.  I am GREAT at following black & white "rules".  I can do anything for 30 days.  It is the gray areas that get me in trouble so that is why I am nervous.

First off, I don't have a full 10 days for the re-intro schedule.  I discovered on about day 20 that my company Cruise takes me to Ft. Lauderdale beach on re-intro day 6.  I don't plan to go nuts on the ship, however I do want to enjoy & not overly think it.  Of course introducing cocktails will be on the menu.  So here's my plan.  I plan to re-intro non-gluten grains tomorrow, oatmeal for breakfast, sushi with white rice for lunch & add some corn tortilla chips to dinner while keeping the rest W30.  I plan to take 1 day W30 between each re-intro day instead of 2, skipping legumes all together for now because I don't miss them.  I will come back to them after I return & have a few weeks W30 under my belt.  I know this isn't ideal but gonna do my best.  Wish I could take it slow like weecainsy plans to do!

JenHZ i also started strong with exercise but it dwindled down a bunch & I was just thinking today its because of all the time it takes to cook!  I also struggled with eating before working out as I always did it on an empty stomach before & it wasn't feeling right.  Thanks for starting the thread JenHZ!

Hi Brenridge, I feel for you having to reintro quickly, but definitely taking the time to do what you can is a good investment.  I am having to work around travel for my reintro so I'm staying as compliant as I possibly can while away, and it's going to take me all month probably to test out things I'd like to be able to bring back occasionally, but so what? The time's going to pass anyway, might as well get the most out of it!

YAY CRUISE! you've earned it ... and you have a plan and the tools to use it now.

Hey everyone! Today is my first day of reintroducing. I tried some lentils in a soup at lunch and so far so good! Not very exciting but I thoroughly enjoyed it! My plan is to take it slowly. I'm realising I'm hesitant to introduce some foods or moving too quickly as I'm feeling pretty good and don't want to lose the benefits of my W30. I hope to successfully add a few things over the next few weeks to give a little more variety and help share food with my family and eat out a little easier. Interested to see how the rest of you are feeling about reintroduction and strategies! 

Weecairnsy,

lentils are something I have missed too, I am going to try non soy non peanut legumes next week. I hope that I have your success with them! I am in no hurry to go back to my old way of eating either, it's hard to imagine giving up all the positives of the changes I've made. But it will be good to know how to handle real life too  (:

burgards thanks for the accolades but actually my spouse convinced me to try the Whole 30.  He's one of those guys who tried paleo eating and lost 20 pounds in a month.  And he does like to cook, just not good at planning or following recipes.  That's one helpful thing about the whole 30, he can improvise as long as he stays within the guidelines.  He is going to do a pot roast with sweet potatoes in the crock pot this morning.

Brenridge  good plan to get ready for your cruise.  and most can accommodate some dietary restrictions if you dine in the main room. Hope we can both get back to exercise.  Don't think I am going to get to class today as I have to do a fasting cholesterol blood test this morning. Will walk later but it is not as intense.

alcohol report: extract no problem, will use when called for which will not be too often without baking

reduced wine sauce - delicious and no ill effects, wine is certainly back in for cooking

rum - not the tastiest drink but no ill effects, will drink when it really compliments a meal, not every day as that is too many calories

( in fact my W30 weight loss may all be due to not having 4-5 drinks a week)

that's of course pending no further effects in these 2 clean days

Ladies, loving the conversation!

Day 31 - This has been a very positive experience.  I just jotted down my "results" & here they are:

1. I dropped 11.8 pounds - YAY
  2. I lost 5.5 inches (measuring only neck, waist & hips)
  3. The arthritis in my feet is there but not hurting as much, reduced inflammation
  4. Overall I feel more energy, I am sleeping well & waking more refreshed.
  5. I found the meals & food to be satisfying & reduced cravings & desire to snack.
  6. I feel this is something I can continue to model my best WOE after.

That being said, I just enjoyed a bowl of steel cut oatmeal with strawberries & a banana.  Wow, yum!  No added sweetener needed.  I am still savoring the memory of it but will add a couple eggs for protein here in a minute.  My plan still includes sushi with white rice for lunch & taco salad w/o cheese but with a few organic corn tortilla chips.  Looking forward to the variety.

JenHZ I also was enjoing cocktails 3-5 days a week this summer, that was the toughest part of the elimination.  I know I don't "need" it but I sure do enjoy it!  We are pretty social so as I transition back into the real world this will be the challenging part.

Thanks burgards for the encouragement!!  Good luck with your travels as well!

burgards thanks for the accolades but actually my spouse convinced me to try the Whole 30.  He's one of those guys who tried paleo eating and lost 20 pounds in a month.  And he does like to cook, just not good at planning or following recipes.  That's one helpful thing about the whole 30, he can improvise as long as he stays within the guidelines.  He is going to do a pot roast with sweet potatoes in the crock pot this morning.

Brenridge  good plan to get ready for your cruise.  and most can accommodate some dietary restrictions if you dine in the main room. Hope we can both get back to exercise.  Don't think I am going to get to class today as I have to do a fasting cholesterol blood test this morning. Will walk later but it is not as intense.

alcohol report: extract no problem, will use when called for which will not be too often without baking

reduced wine sauce - delicious and no ill effects, wine is certainly back in for cooking

rum - not the tastiest drink but no ill effects, will drink when it really compliments a meal, not every day as that is too many calories

( in fact my W30 weight loss may all be due to not having 4-5 drinks a week)

that's of course pending no further effects in these 2 clean days

Great news about booze, JenHZ (:

and I guess the real congrats are for being wise enough to pick such a great spouse...

Ladies, loving the conversation!

Day 31 - This has been a very positive experience.  I just jotted down my "results" & here they are:

1. I dropped 11.8 pounds - YAY
  2. I lost 5.5 inches (measuring only neck, waist & hips)
  3. The arthritis in my feet is there but not hurting as much, reduced inflammation
  4. Overall I feel more energy, I am sleeping well & waking more refreshed.
  5. I found the meals & food to be satisfying & reduced cravings & desire to snack.
  6. I feel this is something I can continue to model my best WOE after.

That being said, I just enjoyed a bowl of steel cut oatmeal with strawberries & a banana.  Wow, yum!  No added sweetener needed.  I am still savoring the memory of it but will add a couple eggs for protein here in a minute.  My plan still includes sushi with white rice for lunch & taco salad w/o cheese but with a few organic corn tortilla chips.  Looking forward to the variety.

JenHZ I also was enjoing cocktails 3-5 days a week this summer, that was the toughest part of the elimination.  I know I don't "need" it but I sure do enjoy it!  We are pretty social so as I transition back into the real world this will be the challenging part.

Thanks burgards for the encouragement!!  Good luck with your travels as well!

Incredible scale and non scale victories! I am so happy for you. And I am looking forward to my oatmeal test next week after travel is done, I love me some oatmeal.

I have decided that the reason I lost less weight that you folks is that I was already not regularly drinking before I started-that must be it, right? (wink, wink)

I am so proud of everyone and very grateful for the support and camaraderie.

burgards I love oatmeal too so hope it goes well for you

Yesterday went fine aside from  not feeling great due to having to delay breakfast for 2 1/2 hours after I got up  so I could do fasting bloodwork.  that was the earliest the lab opened.

I also tried a latte yesterday made with W30 compliant almond milk. good but no longer a necessity.

Got to go to the fancy coffee shop while kid was in class and had an Ethiopian coffee that was delicious.  Good coffee is better black but in olden days I would have had a pastry with it.  Instead I had leftover steak before I left home.

last night's bison and sweet potato pot roast was excellent but the roast was only 1 1/2 pounds so we ate it all up.  We do have leftover savory sweet potatoes.

Tomorrow is legume day.  going to do that by the book - peanut butter for breakfast, miso and soy sauce for lunch, black beans for dinner.  If it is a long enough day may try a soy latte.   I had to buy a medium size jar of peanut butter but my kid will eat it eventually.  She outgrew a peanut allergy so has to eat them a couple times a week to keep it from recurring.

Hey friends!

I'm back from St. Louis, where I finished my 30 days and had day 31 & 32 as well. St. Louis was a bit challenging -- I found myself craving salads (very unusual for me) so had them whenever possible, but also found that some meals in restaurants were not enough to fill me up in certain cases, like lunch of a "seared tuna salad," which included probably 2 - 3 ounces of seared tuna over a relatively small bowl of greens. I was STARVING the rest of the afternoon, and that evening ate half of a Whole Foods organic plain rotisserie chicken like I was a cavewoman, tearing it apart and shoving it in my face (okay not literally, but pretty close) along with a good pile of veg.

I'm back, and had a tiny reintroduction of about an ounce and a half of good dark chocolate made without soy lecithin. Yum! And it really felt like plenty -- I didn't want more, and was very satisfied. No ill effects from that, I assure you. Today I'm trying some sheep and goat dairy -- we had a nice frittata for lunch with vegetables and andouille sausage, topped with Manchego and Pecorino Romano cheeses. Delish, and so far so good, although I'll wait and see. I'll probably try some goat yogurt later in the day, and we may have a bit more goat or sheep cheese with dinner. After today I'll wait a few days and try cow dairy; then a few more days to try non gluten grains, and then on to the gluten. I have a feeling that cow dairy and gluten are not my friends, sadly. But if I can maintain the way I feel AND also tolerate sheep/goat dairy, and have a few grains (an occasional bowl of rice or corn pasta would be nice), and I can keep my sugar dragon more in check but still enjoy some occasional chocolate and other treats, those would all be big big wins.

I do feel that I've had so many great results from this. I've dropped about 8 pounds, am sleeping well without sleeping pills, no acid reflux, high energy, more positive frame of mind, decrease in bruising, decreased allergy attacks and responses to environmental allergens, VERY flexible in exercise and daily life, improved balance (can hold dance and yoga poses for long periods of time)and don't seem to have as much joint pain and random "aches and pains." I did have a whopping headache yesterday, but that may have been because it was a "travel day" with airline flights etc., which is always somewhat stressful for me.

My husband has dropped 9 pounds, thinks it's not enough, and claims no positive results whatsoever. I think his disposition is greatly improved as well as his energy, and he looks great. But he's not very observant about these things, honestly.

In any case, I look forward to hearing more about people's reintros...

Hey friends!

I'm back from St. Louis, where I finished my 30 days and had day 31 & 32 as well. St. Louis was a bit challenging -- I found myself craving salads (very unusual for me) so had them whenever possible, but also found that some meals in restaurants were not enough to fill me up in certain cases, like lunch of a "seared tuna salad," which included probably 2 - 3 ounces of seared tuna over a relatively small bowl of greens. I was STARVING the rest of the afternoon, and that evening ate half of a Whole Foods organic plain rotisserie chicken like I was a cavewoman, tearing it apart and shoving it in my face (okay not literally, but pretty close) along with a good pile of veg.

I'm back, and had a tiny reintroduction of about an ounce and a half of good dark chocolate made without soy lecithin. Yum! And it really felt like plenty -- I didn't want more, and was very satisfied. No ill effects from that, I assure you. Today I'm trying some sheep and goat dairy -- we had a nice frittata for lunch with vegetables and andouille sausage, topped with Manchego and Pecorino Romano cheeses. Delish, and so far so good, although I'll wait and see. I'll probably try some goat yogurt later in the day, and we may have a bit more goat or sheep cheese with dinner. After today I'll wait a few days and try cow dairy; then a few more days to try non gluten grains, and then on to the gluten. I have a feeling that cow dairy and gluten are not my friends, sadly. But if I can maintain the way I feel AND also tolerate sheep/goat dairy, and have a few grains (an occasional bowl of rice or corn pasta would be nice), and I can keep my sugar dragon more in check but still enjoy some occasional chocolate and other treats, those would all be big big wins.

I do feel that I've had so many great results from this. I've dropped about 8 pounds, am sleeping well without sleeping pills, no acid reflux, high energy, more positive frame of mind, decrease in bruising, decreased allergy attacks and responses to environmental allergens, VERY flexible in exercise and daily life, improved balance (can hold dance and yoga poses for long periods of time)and don't seem to have as much joint pain and random "aches and pains." I did have a whopping headache yesterday, but that may have been because it was a "travel day" with airline flights etc., which is always somewhat stressful for me.

My husband has dropped 9 pounds, thinks it's not enough, and claims no positive results whatsoever. I think his disposition is greatly improved as well as his energy, and he looks great. But he's not very observant about these things, honestly.

In any case, I look forward to hearing more about people's reintros...

So good to hear that things are moving along so well for you Jewelania and that your travels were manageable. I also at a lot of too tiny salads when traveling this week  (: Will remember to pack / buy sides to add on.

are you going to push your spouse to keep it up or is he going back to a more typical plan for himself?

Still working on my  legume intros.  Yesterday I did Peanut butter for meal 1, soy sauce and miso for M2, soy latte for M3.  I was going to do black beans for dinner but had a friend emergency and did not get them at store.  I am trying them for breakfast this morning.

I did wake up with a headache yesterday morning but it went away when I had meal 2, more probably the caffeine in the green tea than an actual beneficial effect of soy.

I don't eat many beans so will not worry about it too much.  I may do another less official reintro with  legumes in December by eating them at my favorite Mexican restaurant and having a soy latte out instead of at home.  those are the only times I would really want to be able to choose legumes.

Jewleliana hope the goat and sheep diary went well for you.  I tell spouse I know  many people who live happy fulfilled lives without cheese but .....

(I know some people who are tube or  interal {IV type of feeding that skips the digestive  system altogether} fed so they have happy fulfilled lives without solid food so I should just shut up.)

burgards good learning about the small salads

Legumes still seem fine, not even the musical toots.  they didn't' make me bloat up either.

So on to tomorrow, gluten free grains, I will have to do some shopping for that. 

Oatmeal with meal 1, going to have it with ghee and spices

Corn chips and GF bready sandwich for lunch

popcorn with snack just a cup or 2

brown rice with dinner

Legumes still seem fine, not even the musical toots.  they didn't' make me bloat up either.

So on to tomorrow, gluten free grains, I will have to do some shopping for that. 

Oatmeal with meal 1, going to have it with ghee and spices

Corn chips and GF bready sandwich for lunch

popcorn with snack just a cup or 2

brown rice with dinner

ha ha!

but I am encouraged to hear that peanut butter didn't create too many problems for you -

can't wait to hear more about the next steps  :)

Arrgghh. Feeling a little downtrodden about the reintros at this point. Goat and sheep dairy didn't go so well -- now I think I have to separate out the cheese from other things, since it was when I ate a sheeps' milk yogurt and later goats' milk ice-cream that I think my stomach really went south; I ate clean for two days following but it took that long for my stomach to recover.

Yesterday I tried gluten, because I could dig some bread out of the freezer and we had pasta in the cupboard. Seemed to go okay at mealtime but by evening I was in bed, moaning with stomach cramps that were like shooting stomach pains. I'm feeling a little concerned about the fact that now that I'm no longer acclimated to these foods, they hit me like a ton of bricks. So do I exclude them entirely (which I really don't want to do); try to eat mainly gluten free, hoping that a few other grains may go well, and perhaps use the guidelines for creating a more lactose-tolerant gut by using pro-biotics? Or do I just buckle down and start to live a much more Whole-30ish kind of life?

This is complicated, of course, by the fact that my husband doesn't really seem to be having much trouble with the reintros, and would just as soon get back to having at least the occasional grilled cheese sandwich.

Jeweliana sorry you are in such pain.  it is a pretty well known phenomena that  bringing things back after elimination worsens symptoms for foods that affect you.  If it were me I would wait till you feel better on whole 30 and just try the cheese again.  You seem to really want that.  then try gluten free grains.  Being GF is easier than ever now.

That said I am on my Gluten free day so will let you know how it goes for me. 

Just had oatmeal.  It was the quick cook kind as that was all I had on hand. 

I have a gluten free bread for lunch, it has sugar and bunch of other stuff in it as most commercial gf bread does.  I couldn't find the gluten free English muffins at my local grocery.   that is really my favorite gluten free bread stuff.

My knee hurt last night and this morning but I think it is from the exuberant dance class I did yesterday and not from food.  But who can really tell?  Life is never a perfectly controlled experiment.

thinking about what GF things I would like to be able to eat: Rice noodles for Asian food, Wild rice cause it is very tasty, Oatmeal great for eating breakfast out when there aren't other good starches, Expanded baking possibilities though I can make a lot just with bean, potato, tapioca, and arrowroot,  Corn starch is a handy thickener and common additive, Corn on the cob is a big part of our summer, Popcorn is a big favorite of my mom's and she loves to share as did her mom.

will report back tomorrow

sorry also to hear of the troubles, Jewelania, looks like you are going to have to keep honing in on the stuff you really want to eat, with very focused testing. I will also second the argument that worst case for gluten, it is actually not too difficult to live GF nowadays. If you bake even a little I would recommend checking out Sarah at sarahbakesgfree - her flour mix and everday GF vegan bread is excellent. I bake it every week for my friend's 4 year old twins who can't do gluten, corn, nuts, but thrive with this bread, and you would not know what it's missing. I also bake cookies from this site for my students every week because there's a vegan student in this cohort and they absolutely vanish in minutes. So just in case...

way to think about exactly what you want JenHZ. I need to do this. I've been traveling so I've just been trying to stay as compliant as possible and waiting til I have enough clean days in a row to do some testing. I think I will be able to try dairy this weekend. I expect it will not be good times...

burgards  good luck with the dairy reintro

for gluten free bread  http://essentialbaking.com/buy-online/ is what I had yesterday and it was really good toasted

not thrilled to report that oatmeal really made me burp.  not like a never again feeling but more like this is uncomfortable beyond the pleasure the oatmeal brought me.

Good news was I had Fritos for lunch.  These were a no brakes food for me in the past but yesterday I wanted to eat my roast beef on GF bread sandwich first and even my cooked carrots.  And I was not craving more Fritos afterwards.  (I did close up the bag and put it in the "company food" cupboard right after lunch)

Popcorn for meal 3 was tasty and fulfilling without eating a vast amount of that either.  Must find an oil free popper for cottage or learn to pop with safe oil on the stove again.  Not going back to the microwave stuff.

Brown rice for dinner seemed ok too, binding of course.  Good to know I can use in in BRAT diet if needed.

so overall I'll give GF a pass.  not going to eat it much at home but will be handy for eating out without pain.  I have a lot of GF friends so tend to cook that way for potlucks.  Will be especially handy for vegan events.

Archived