Need (Would Like) a Quick Energy Boost

Seafarer

Lack of sleep last night (4 hours), and a need to sit still most of the day (studying) meant I knew I was going to be in trouble today. I thought I might be able to grab a quick nap, but no such luck. Have resisted coffee (which will only compound the problem with tonight's sleep), and have been adding a bit of fruit juice to my club soda. I tried snacking (bananas + strawberries + coconut cream.... carrots + mayo..... macademia nuts) and by the time fuzzy brain kicked in & said that wasn't working :huh:  I started hydrating more and then went for a good walk. I wondered if there are some definite no-no's or some suggested quick pick-me-up's that might have been better choices. ?

​

You likely know this already: the best thing would have been to get 8 hours of quality sleep last night.   ;) 

Since you can't turn back time, if you can't get a nap in today, continue to eat meals of protein, veg and fat, and staying well hydrated with 1/2 ounce of water per pound of body weight.  If you're hungry between meals (litmus test: you could eat something bland like steamed fish and broccoli), have a mini-meal of protein, carb and fat or at least two of those components.  Avoid having nuts by themselves as a snack (or fruit by itself as a snack).  If you're not hungry in between meals, don't eat. 

Most of all, take it easy today and listen to your body in terms of the rest and self-care it needs today ... and get a good night's sleep tonight.

Yeah, I didn't explain that the lack of sleep was unavoidable.... I'm usually pretty anal about getting enough sack time. So my take on this is that self-care, hydration, and staying 100% compliant is the best thing to do, and that there really are no instead-of-coffee quick boosts. Makes sense.

Cranked off a good 8 hours last night. :) ​ 

Archived