Sugar Dragon is rearing it's ugly head today

Carlaccini

Hi All,

I am so thankful right now for the Whole 30 daily. At least it explains this black mood I'm in today. I'm on day 21 (29) and along this journey I have never had a sugar craving like I'm having today. It's terrible. Of course it doesn't help that every time I'm opening up the fridge (I am visiting with my mom this week) I am starring leftover birthday cake in the eye. There have been points within the last 24 hours that I'm willing to throw this whole thing down the drain for a cupcake or a chocolate chip cookie. I don't want too, I've come too far for this.

I'm also feeling a might frustrated and angry because I'm having a full on migraine too. Tylenol hasn't helped and I don't dare take Advil. So just feeling a bit blue and overwhelmed (not to mention stressed about the sugar demon) so I thought I would come here for someone to knock some sense into me.

Hey, a migraine is a LOT to deal with, so don't give credence to frustration/guilt or anything like that. Just peace out, try to get comfortable, and wait out the migraine (been there many times, so I know). It's not an issue to crave those sugar items, it's just a problem to give in to it, especially when you are so far along in the process! I'm only on Day 2, so I can't speak to the point you are at now. Just now that you have support, and we can't wait to see you post a "Day 31: I did it!" message.

Hang in there.

Thank you! Migraine is starting to break after the third day of it - so getting a wee bit better. The reason why I getting frustrated is the reason I am doing the whole 30 is to rid myself of migraines - and they are still here. :-( I am glad I made the decision to extend my whole 30 to a whole 45 though. But the past few days have been esspecially tough as everything seems to turn into a craving for something. The dragon is telling me to end this in 2 days (my original whole 31 deadline) as so I can indulge in something non-compliant - but I don't want this to end. As overall I have been feeling a little to awesome to end this. It's just the past 2 days have been brutal. I'm guessing this is my bad habits last stand......

Archived