What can I do with ground meat?

idauria

You can brown it with onions and mushrooms, add a little coconut milk and serve it over spaghetti squash. You can hollow out zucc halves, mix the innerds of the zucc with the mixture, stuff back into the zucc and bake it for about 20-30 minutes until zucc is cooked and mixture is hot, you can saute the beef with onions and taco seasonings mix (google it and you can make your own..super easy) and fill butter lettuce leaves and eat like a taco. There are SO many things you can do. You might want to google ground beef recipes if you want a billion ideas. You could even add the word "paleo" if you want to weed out some of the unwanted ingredients. Also, Well Fed is a fabulous cookbook full of Whole30 allowed recipes.

I brown it in one pound increments, put it in fridge, and use it for tons of things. It can be added to veggies, put in some tomatoes and garlic and make something like spagetti, and the list goes on. It was what I used for the first 5 days as a base protein source....

Emergency Protein/Garbage Casserole. Brown the ground beef, add any leftover veggies from the week before. Season to taste. Different every time, but totally yum.

This week I had a HUGE leftover overcooked baked sweet potato (yam) from a resteraunt. I asked that NOTHING be put on it because I wanted to take it home. I put that into my mix this week. YUMMER!

Sautee some onions, bell peppers & garlic in cooking oil (clarified butter or coconut oil), then add cabbage. Once cabbage is about half cooked, add a pound (or more) of ground beef (or pork, or both?) and fried it all together until meat is fully cooked and cabbage is tender. Add Salt & Pepper! This is a good meal to have in storage containers in the fridge for lunches...etc.

I tried making stuffed cabbage rolls unstuffed this past week, but it ended up being more of a ground beef and cabbage soup. None the less, it was excellent and all 8 quarts were gone in about 2 days!

I know you said no meatloaf, but today I smoking a 4lb meat loaf. If you haven't smoked/grilled a meatloaf, you should also try that. My wife will not allow me to make a meatloaf in the oven anymore.

You might love this yummy main-course soup-Italian Wedding Soup! It's a soup with a lot of fans. It's a big hit at my house! Traditionally made with pasta added, I've swapped the pasta for fiber rich beans.The skinny for each main course serving is 169 calories, 4 grams of fat and 4 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. Once you taste this, I bet you'll be thinking, can't wait for the leftovers!

There's no link here, but I can see from the description that this soup isn't okay during your Whole30 (it has beans). We're also not especially concerned with fat grams or points. As long as you're eating real, Good Food, those numbers don't really matter.

I tried making stuffed cabbage rolls unstuffed this past week, but it ended up being more of a ground beef and cabbage soup. None the less, it was excellent and all 8 quarts were gone in about 2 days!

I know you said no meatloaf, but today I smoking a 4lb meat loaf. If you haven't smoked/grilled a meatloaf, you should also try that. My wife will not allow me to make a meatloaf in the oven anymore.

I never thought to smoke or grill a meatloaf. Genius!

Getting hungry now! I actually think I am going to make Shepherd's Pie this week from Well Fed. Yes, I actually have the book and have read the recipes but I wanted to see what other people have come up with. Thanks!

Not sure if you done this yet, but I made it last night and it was delcious! I found the cauliflower mash a bit too sweet from the coconut milk so I added some salt on the whole thing when it was done. Next time I would probably omit the coconut milk. Definitely reccomend the recipe though!

You might love this yummy main-course soup-Italian Wedding Soup! It's a soup with a lot of fans. It's a big hit at my house! Traditionally made with pasta added, I've swapped the pasta for fiber rich beans.The skinny for each main course serving is 169 calories, 4 grams of fat and 4 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. Once you taste this, I bet you'll be thinking, can't wait for the leftovers!

I'm sorry, but beans are on the NON COMPLIANT list.

Archived