Is it okay to occasionally just have a meal of nuts? Once a week?

KimberleeR

I am having terrible migraines. That's why I started this to hopefully help me with them. I am on day 6. With the migraines comes nausea and I am also on my cycle. The last few days have been the most difficult thing ever! I am existing in migraine hell. The pain is incredible. Today all I want is salty nuts. So that's what I had for breakfast. Is that okay to do every now and then (like once a week?)

Hi Kimberlee

Are you taking meds for the migraines? We don't want you to be in pain....

Headaches can be caused by a lack of food in general, a lack of salt, or a lack of fat - the fact that you;re craving salty nuts might be indicative of where your particular short fall lies!

For best results we'd recommend that all meals meet the template of 1-2 palm sized pieces of protein, 1-3 cups of veg (with 3 cups being optimum), and a generous serving of a good fat - like a dollop of mayo, a handful of nuts, some coconut milk etc.

Eating a meal of nuts on their own won't be particularly satiating, and will be hard on your digestive system.

Instead, if you are feeling unwell, we'd recommend foods that are easier on the tummy like bone broth, chicken soup, scrambled eggs, mashed root veg and ginger tea....

If you'd like to post a few days worth of your food/liquid intake (indicating portion sizes) along with sleep/stress/activity levels we can take a look and see that you're on the right track.

In the meantime I hope you're feeling better soon.

Thanks so much! I have been following the plan carefully, the whole I need salty nuts thing just started last night. I'll get back on the plan. I hope I didn't blow it with my breakfast of nuts.

Not ideal, but still on plan - and who eats the way they normally would when they're not feeling well? Now you know what to do to make you feel better.....

Archived